PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Emile Mpenza

emilerulz
14.08.2006, 20:12
Wow, a god of a striker!!!!

I am so happy we got him, beating Doha was piece if cake!!!

Why did you let him go, I don't understand!!!

Stoney
14.08.2006, 20:31
Because the defenders in Germany are much better than in your league. ;) :D
He just didn't score as much as we expected him to.

I also liked his way of playing and I always hoped that he would get better, but he wasn't lucky. Too many injuries as well.

Still he had some good games for us, the first game of our successful coach Thomas Doll for example. We were on rank 18 and Emile scored in Dortmund after 9 minutes. We won 2:0 and since then everything got better....

Atouuuuuba
14.08.2006, 20:46
Wow, a god of a striker!!!!

Nice joke :D

Lecavalier
14.08.2006, 20:58
hat doch bestimmt irgendein witzbold geschrieben :D

DiskoStu1
14.08.2006, 22:30
hat doch bestimmt irgendein witzbold geschrieben :D

Der Joke wäre doch viel zu geistreich für das Forum, oder? Auf hohem Niveau fliegen hier doch nur die Fetzen!

emilerulz
15.08.2006, 13:18
Because the defenders in Germany are much better than in your league. ;) :D

They bought them from France, Italy and England, can not be too bad, i guess!!

And man, a hattrick in first 45' plus one more before 80th in a regular league match is f*cking cool!!

huwar
16.08.2006, 01:02
hattrick? hold on... did we talk about this EMILE MPENZA? sounds pretty strange... I will bet money that he will only miss 3-in-a-row.... alas, if he became happy now, its good news. He is a nice guy, so all the best for him.

Do you have any links to english news about the qatar league? couldn't find anything..

By the way: the website from al-rayyan is cool - do they have an english version too?

rafa87
19.08.2006, 11:50
who the fuck is mpenza;)

emilerulz
20.08.2006, 20:37
By the way: the website from al-rayyan is cool - do they have an english version too?

To be honest I doubt that!!!

But however, two more goals last match, he is so f*cking fast!!!

Best buy ever from our club!!!

xy253
20.08.2006, 21:24
Well, then good luck with Emile. He might be fast, but he wasn't able to shoot enough goals. I don't know why. Must have been something with his psyche.

DiskoStu1
24.08.2006, 10:33
Well, then good luck with Emile. He might be fast, but he wasn't able to shoot enough goals. I don't know why. Must have been something with his psyche.

Nope, too much muscles for a football player, too less talent. In any case for the Bundesliga! His moves were simply too curious, even for a forward.

emilerulz
27.08.2006, 10:09
Nope, too much muscles for a football player, too less talent. In any case for the Bundesliga! His moves were simply too curious, even for a forward.

These simple moves scored twice again last match!!!
3 matches, 7 goals, ok, last season was nothing (injury?) but now he rocks the country!!!
F*cking best player ever in Qatar!!!
You were selling a gem pretending it being a stone!!!

Dirkhsv
29.08.2006, 10:15
You were selling a gem pretending it being a stone!!!

In German we would say: You compare apples and pears ! He is a stone ! Each of our Second-Division-Teams would be able to dominate your league. Your Opera-League is nothing than an old people´s home for whacked foreign players.

OfTheSpeed23
29.08.2006, 15:50
Mpenza was a headless chicken for me. Ran around the pitch like a cheetah but had the scoring ability of a gay man in a brothel.

xy209
29.08.2006, 20:12
i loved/love mpenza's way of playing football. but it seems he doesn't have the (mental) quality to have success at a bigger league like that one he is in now or the belgium one or so...

shadsworth cloud
15.02.2007, 20:17
well, guess which former HSV superstar has signed on a trial basis at Manchester City? so far this season city have scored 26 goals in 20 games. with this star in the team, perhaps they can make it 27 before May

bountymatze
15.02.2007, 21:08
well, guess which former HSV superstar has signed on a trial basis at Manchester City? so far this season city have scored 26 goals in 20 games. with this star in the team, perhaps they can make it 27 before May
It's the same thing as with Naohiro Takahara, who scored in total I think no more than 3 or 4 goals for us, and now scores 3 goals in one game for Eintracht Frankfurt...:rolleyes:

Can't explain that either...:confused:

shadsworth cloud
18.03.2007, 11:32
i can only repeat the first comment on this thread.

wow. a god of a striker!!

scored the second yesterday against Middlesbrough, a cool finish to the far corner after muscling through the defence.

go emile

rangers1873
18.03.2007, 11:42
Yeah he scored but he was awfull the rest of the match

shadsworth cloud
18.03.2007, 11:52
what???
he was magnificent, graceful, powerful, agressive. the best forward display in a man city shirt for years. :)
i know it's damning with faint praise.
but he is just what city have needed all season. his strong running and covering the ground made all the difference and he even sometimes headed towards the opposition goal which was something extra special. ok, lets not get carried away but he looked the part yesterday although only against middlesbroughs second choice defence.

rangers1873
18.03.2007, 11:55
I must have seen a diiferent guy the as the guy i seen looked like he couldn't have hit the empire state building if it was two yards in front of him.

He's not the same Empenza that i seen a few years ago destroy Scotland at Hampden but then that is not really hard

OfTheSpeed23
18.03.2007, 12:01
what???
he was magnificent, graceful, powerful, agressive. the best forward display in a man city shirt for years. :)
i know it's damning with faint praise.
but he is just what city have needed all season. his strong running and covering the ground made all the difference and he even sometimes headed towards the opposition goal which was something extra special. ok, lets not get carried away but he looked the part yesterday although only against middlesbroughs second choice defence.

That's the reason he looked the part :p

shadsworth cloud
01.04.2007, 08:12
yet another wonder strike from "The Golden Emile" as the Manchester Evening News has started to call him.
controlled the ball well with his first touch and coolly finished.
final score Newcastle 0 Man City 1

He is now the second best footballer in history to be called Emile. (only Mr Heskey is better :D :D )

OfTheSpeed23
01.04.2007, 10:45
I had a feeling you were going to bump this thread :D

He hit the bar as well with a rocket shot. I have to say, he's settled in nicely and could save your City from the drop :cool:

shadsworth cloud
02.04.2007, 18:39
nobody - least of all me - is kidding themselves really about Mpenza. but he is the right man in the right place at the right time fo man city.
they have had a mean defence all season but the strikers have been useless. I know this isn't a man city board so i won't name names, but lets just say the forward line at man city does not have a lot of goals in them.
a team can do ok by not giving many away, but if you don't score many goals then you are always going to struggle to win games.

This is the team that Mpenza has come in and he looks a lot more interested than he ever did at Hamburg. Maybe a year in the desert has sparked him up again (i certainly don't put it down to Stuart Pearces tactical know how:D )

He has always been a strong physical player and now he has the goal habit, he is making himself into a bit of a hero at Eastlands. So lets enjoy it while it lasts, he is playing for a new contract and that seems to have focussed his mind. You all know that you have to take a pinch of salt when i call him a god of a striker (i'm closer to the truth when i compare him to Heskey:D ) but he has a way to go before i can call him The Golden Emile without spluttering on my beer.

Swansea
02.04.2007, 20:31
I still prefer Daley Thompson!

OfTheSpeed23
02.04.2007, 20:55
they have had a mean defence all season but the strikers have been useless.

Replace "all season" with "last seven games" and that sums us up at the minute :D ;)

Atouuuuuba
03.04.2007, 06:34
The death of chances :D

y20
03.04.2007, 14:25
The death of chances :D

Yep. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdXzul-pBo

http://www.dailymotion.com/FootballHeaven/video/2687677

The Great Cornholio
03.04.2007, 22:32
Yep. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdXzul-pBo

http://www.dailymotion.com/FootballHeaven/video/2687677
Well thank you, kind Sir.
I may add this delightful clip of the master himself hitting the crossbar (at 0:55):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpzZ-9P3Q7Q

(...boooy, whut a cracker!!!! :cool:)

Best regards, Gentlemen :D

bountymatze
06.04.2007, 23:11
That's the reason he looked the part :p
:D

So it seems like Emile doing much better in Manchester than he did playing for us...:rolleyes: Like Takahara does in Frankfurt. I don't find an explanation for that.:confused: Do they have too much pressure here to do a good job? Are the coaches better there? Are our goals too small (oh yes, they are. Maybe that's the reason...:p )

But we can't change it. Emile's not playing for us anymore, and that's it. So I'm more interesting in the game tomorrow: If we win, there may be a slight chance for the UI Cup, if we lose, it could get dangerous again. I'm still not totally convinced that we're 100% safe yet.

For me it's kind of historical game: The first game I saw 28 years ago was also on easter saturday. Against Fortuna Düsseldorf. So every home game we have on a easter saturday is a kind of jubilee for me...:cool:

And we won the game. 3:1, if I remember it right. And I would be happy with the same result tomorrow. But...we don't have a Keegan anymore who scored one goal then...:p

shadsworth cloud
07.04.2007, 08:49
yes, i promise. no more emile updates ;)

it's another tough game and a win will be difficult. but stuttgart are, like the whole bundesliga, unpredictable. they can win handsomely like beating bremen 4-1 recently or draw a blank like against wolfsburg 0-0 - what a thrilling team wolfsburg are to watch.

i think another 0-0 is likely, but don't rule out a 1-0 win for HSV. i was at this game last year when Van Der Vaart had a moment of madness to pass back to the keeper who had come forward for a 90th minute free kick. you want to know the sound of 55000 people gasping at the same time....

i have hope still that HSV can get into the UI Cup, then the UEFA Cup (next years final is in Manchester). but i won't book my ticket quite yet for May 2008 in Manchester. :)

bountymatze
07.04.2007, 18:04
yes, i promise. no more emile updates ;)

it's another tough game and a win will be difficult. but stuttgart are, like the whole bundesliga, unpredictable. they can win handsomely like beating bremen 4-1 recently or draw a blank like against wolfsburg 0-0 - what a thrilling team wolfsburg are to watch.

i think another 0-0 is likely, but don't rule out a 1-0 win for HSV. i was at this game last year when Van Der Vaart had a moment of madness to pass back to the keeper who had come forward for a 90th minute free kick. you want to know the sound of 55000 people gasping at the same time....

i have hope still that HSV can get into the UI Cup, then the UEFA Cup (next years final is in Manchester). but i won't book my ticket quite yet for May 2008 in Manchester. :)
So we lost our first real game under Stevens (the one against Hertha doesn't count, because he just started being our coach 12 hours ago...)

But I hope that this game was a warning to all of us (and maybe the team) who started dreaming of UEFA Cup next year. Huub is right if he says, that every game is a final until the end of the season. And I think by now everybody should know, what he meant.

So why did we loose? Well, it's hard, if the first two shots on yourt goal are in so you're 0:2 down after 15 minutes. Besides it looked like a foul against Jaro just before the 0:2, but the referee didn't have a good day anyway. So was Frank Rost: There were not so many shots on his goal, and the 0:4 is a goal that must not happen at all...:rolleyes: But the reaction of the team gives me courage for the last 6 finals. Playing a game like this, getting 4 goals but never giving up fighting shows me that the team is intact. And the fans honoured that be giving them a great applause after the game.

By contrast the reaction of the fans after Sanogo leaving the ground. Incredible all these fans booing, above all he was'nt so bad today. In my opinion he was better than Ben Hatira today. Don't get me wrong: I like the way Ben Hatira plays, but today that was not too much...

So, let's start against Gladbach with Laas and Troche from beginning, and with Olic as a fast forward (because we'll need a fast player in attack), and with everybody concentrating on this game we should be able to win. We'll have the next chance to enlarge the gap between us and the relegation zone, as Dortumund plays against Werder, Mainz against Schalke, etc. Let's take it this time as I don't like games against Mainz and Bochum where we have to win.