PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Totally stunned

rangers1873
03.02.2007, 16:37
Couldn't believe it while watching the match. HSV played pretty well apart from missing they sitters. Only if they had bloody gone in but it appears that luck and HSV are not friends at the moment.

Not looking good just that is for sure :(

OfTheSpeed23
03.02.2007, 23:25
Stevens hasn't spent hardly any time with the squad as training for the last two days have been taken by Karsten Baeron (youth team coach). Stevens picked todays team though, with help from Bieresdorfer.

Give him a week to work with the team, realise that Sanogo isn't worth the pen ink, and we'll take on Dortmund with a fresh impulse, I hope.

Schmiddelfeld
04.02.2007, 07:52
to hope is all we can do at the moment :(

and to pray (for those who believe in a god) :)

shadsworth cloud
04.02.2007, 09:29
i was at the man city v reading match with a hertha fan, i got a text to say hamburg had drawn so at least we could go to the pub after the game and have a drink in reasonable harmony.
it was only when i got home to find the awful truth:( :(

sometimes ignorance is bliss.

from the reports on the home page, the team seem to be doing everything right except kicking the ball in the net and defending to the end. so thats ok then....
i still have faith that they can turn things round, but the gap to safety is widening. mainz, gladbach and bochum are all picking up points and we have only 2 points to show from 3 (relatively) easy games. i'll bet even bayern could get a draw against us right now :D
god help us when we come up against schalke, bremen.

i know we are all stunned by this run. lets take a day to feel p*ssed off, then get ready for dortmund next week.
The fightback starts here!

zuki
10.02.2007, 10:19
Give him a week to work with the team, realise that Sanogo isn't worth the pen ink, and we'll take on Dortmund with a fresh impulse, I hope.

Ok, the week is now over. Let´s see if there is a change in the spirit of the team today.

OfTheSpeed23
10.02.2007, 20:05
Ok, the week is now over. Let´s see if there is a change in the spirit of the team today.

Well?

Was there? :p

shadsworth cloud
10.02.2007, 21:07
something must have changed. for once we kept our goal intact, for once we held a lead. the heading on this topic is Totally Stunned. well thats what i was last week, but now i'm even more totally stunned. if thats possible

when i saw the half time score, i couldn't raise a smile. too much disappointment after the past 20 games this season... i thought 2-0 is a difficult score, on the one hand you think you are home and dry, but just one goal conceded can bring on the wobbles:eek:

if huub has done nothing else though he seems to have taught the team how to control a game. the injured players are coming back -thats a surprise- and suddenly there is a confidence about the team. hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

however we're still bottom of the table as other teams are also picking up points. next week we play the new "crisis club" werder bremen...

OfTheSpeed23
10.02.2007, 21:34
He's changed the set-up, more importantly.

Gone is the diamond midfield and gone is Sanogo.

It gave us width with Sorin and Mehdi and with Jarolim (attacking) and Laas (a little more defensive) in the middle of the park gave us balance.

I would say that putting VDV behind the lone striker was genius, but then he's been there all season (when he's played) except the difference now being is that because there's only the one striker ahead of him and and full four man midfield behind him, it gives him license to basically have a free role. Which is what he had at Ajax, if memory serves...

Still, another tough game next week away to Bremen. Where I would be very happy to take a point. 1) Because we never win in Bremen. 2) I wouldn't expect us there even if we were above them in the table. 3) They've just come off a straight two-game losing streak which could be a nasty backlash for us.

I would have thought that Stevens would use the same personnel and system, except dropping Laas for the returning de Jong so that we have got that "attack minded midfielder (Jarolim) and defensive minded midfielder (de Jong) dynamic in the middle of the midfield quartet. Dropping Olic now, after only three games in the Bundesliga, would do more harm than good, tbh. He just need something that any and every striker thrives on...confidence.

Although with these "fans" that have previously booed the team as well as Atouba & Ljuboja for playing poor, I wouldn't be surprised if Olic gets on the receiving end of the same rubbish. So, like Atouba and Ljuboja at the time, we just need to show him the support and backing that he needs.

bountymatze
11.02.2007, 13:30

Gone is the diamond midfield and gone is Sanogo.

It gave us width with Sorin and Mehdi and with Jarolim (attacking) and Laas (a little more defensive) in the middle of the park gave us balance.

I would say that putting VDV behind the lone striker was genius, but then he's been there all season (when he's played) except the difference now being is that because there's only the one striker ahead of him and and full four man midfield behind him, it gives him license to basically have a free role. Which is what he had at Ajax, if memory serves...

Still, another tough game next week away to Bremen. Where I would be very happy to take a point. 1) Because we never win in Bremen. 2) I wouldn't expect us there even if we were above them in the table. 3) They've just come off a straight two-game losing streak which could be a nasty backlash for us.

I would have thought that Stevens would use the same personnel and system, except dropping Laas for the returning de Jong so that we have got that "attack minded midfielder (Jarolim) and defensive minded midfielder (de Jong) dynamic in the middle of the midfield quartet. Dropping Olic now, after only three games in the Bundesliga, would do more harm than good, tbh. He just need something that any and every striker thrives on...confidence.

Although with these "fans" that have previously booed the team as well as Atouba & Ljuboja for playing poor, I wouldn't be surprised if Olic gets on the receiving end of the same rubbish. So, like Atouba and Ljuboja at the time, we just need to show him the support and backing that he needs.
Again thank you for the nice pics. Especially Number 13 (with the english HSV flag), because you can see me and my daddy on that picture...:cool:

Talking about the game: Almost the second halftime I sat there on my chair not knowing if I could be happy, or if we get the 1:2 by a 30 Meter shot and have to shiver for the rest of the game. I must confess I hat that fear even in the 80th minute, so I didn't start singing "Oh wie ist das schön" then. Even in the 89th minute, when the singing started again, at first I hesitated to start singing. We saw too much uncredible things happening this season. But after Mehdi's 3:0 I was sure that we won the game...:D

Well, let's hope, that this victory this time our boys gives courage to get the next point in Bremen. Those guys will be hot to win the game against us so it will be hard hard work.

I think we'll have to win all the home games to get safe. And for every game we don't win at home we'll have to win away. So let's start in Bremen!! ;)

Well, hope came back to us. But it's still a long long way to go.

OfTheSpeed23
11.02.2007, 14:40
Cool, so which ones are you in that picture with the English HSV flag? If you're actually sat there then you must be in 22B or 23B. If yes, then I'm behind you (and across a bit) in 25B :D

I didn't really celebrate with Rafa scored the penalty. Don't get me wrong, I hugged people next to me but I didn't get too excited because we've gone 1-0 up in the last four games and gone on to only get a point at least.

Second half I started to relax although a bit of anxiousness was creeping into me, after I saw our 3-1 lead in Aachen disappear. Plus Dortmund not being dangerous in attack was a little worrying as Bielefeld weren't that dangerous in attack and then they went and scored in the last minute.

I let out a big roar when Mehdi's goal in injury time came. Relief that we'd finally got three points as there was no way Dortmund could come back from that :D

Are you going to be in Bremen on Saturday, bountymatze?

bountymatze
11.02.2007, 18:58
Cool, so which ones are you in that picture with the English HSV flag? If you're actually sat there then you must be in 22B or 23B. If yes, then I'm behind you (and across a bit) in 25B :D

I didn't really celebrate with Rafa scored the penalty. Don't get me wrong, I hugged people next to me but I didn't get too excited because we've gone 1-0 up in the last four games and gone on to only get a point at least.

Second half I started to relax although a bit of anxiousness was creeping into me, after I saw our 3-1 lead in Aachen disappear. Plus Dortmund not being dangerous in attack was a little worrying as Bielefeld weren't that dangerous in attack and then they went and scored in the last minute.

I let out a big roar when Mehdi's goal in injury time came. Relief that we'd finally got three points as there was no way Dortmund could come back from that :D

Are you going to be in Bremen on Saturday, bountymatze?
Well, actually we're sitting in 24B. I'm the guy in the blue jacket and the blue cap just on top the "N" of the banner right from the English Flag. Very good places we have: First row, nice neihbours, and we have a good sight to all the goals scored on the north side. Unfortunately most of them were scored from the other team...:rolleyes:

And: No, unfortunately I'm not going to Bremen this year. And the tickets are now sold out, I think. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to Schalke. When we play in Hannover I'm on vacation. But maybe to Mönchengladbach...I'll see.

So, if you're going to Bremen: Good luck. And don't forget to bring the tree points to Hamburg! We need them so urgently...hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

Swansea
12.02.2007, 11:19

Still, another tough game next week away to Bremen. Where I would be very happy to take a point. 1) Because we never win in Bremen.

So 24.10.1993 18:00 SV Werder Bremen - Hamburger SV 0:2 (0:2)

Do 06.10.1994 20:00 SV Werder Bremen - Hamburger SV 1:4 (1:3)

So 24.02.2002 17:30 SV Werder Bremen - Hamburger SV 0:1 (0:0)

Never say never...

rangers1873
12.02.2007, 14:54

Never say never...

haha Joern you are like a walking talk encyclopaedia on HSV :D

shadsworth cloud
12.02.2007, 19:26
something must have changed.

they made the goals bigger! :D :D

OfTheSpeed23
12.02.2007, 20:13

Never say never...

Thanks for just jinxing us with that trip down memory lane...

rangers1873
13.02.2007, 09:39
they made the goals bigger! :D :D

:D Can't wait to come over next weekend. There will be 8 of us over for the match hsvklatsch

rangers1873
17.02.2007, 16:22
Even more stunned today. Yeessss

shadsworth cloud
17.02.2007, 16:56
i never saw that coming!
watched the secod half on the website you mentioned. think my computer is a bit small, but it did the job. the team played real well and defended strongly. should have had a second penalty with a red card for the bremner goalie, but lets just be happy with that. :D :D

special respect to Rost who dominated the penalty area. hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

results this weekend have done frankfurt no favours, so lets hope you have a good trip and can celebrate another win. :cool: :cool:

OfTheSpeed23
17.02.2007, 21:13
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/ChosenFew316/Bremen%20-%20HSV/69.jpg

Does that look good or what? :cool: :D

bountymatze
17.02.2007, 21:32
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/ChosenFew316/Bremen%20-%20HSV/69.jpg

Does that look good or what? :cool: :D
It does! hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch
I asked you to bring the 3 points back to Hamburg, and you did. I think, there's no doubt we can let you go to the next away games...:) :cool:

OfTheSpeed23
17.02.2007, 21:38
Well I've been to the other away games and with the exception of Leverkusen (and Cottbus & Stuttgart as I didn't go), I brought back jack-shit :D :D

bountymatze
17.02.2007, 21:50
Well I've been to the other away games and with the exception of Leverkusen (and Cottbus & Stuttgart as I didn't go), I brought back jack-shit :D :D
Don't look back! Just 19 points out of 12 games, and we remain the "Urgestein"!hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
17.02.2007, 22:03
I BELIEVE! hsvklatsch :D

shadsworth cloud
18.02.2007, 09:07
nice picture, matt.
i have cribbed it for our own website, please don't send the copy-right police onto me :)

OfTheSpeed23
18.02.2007, 12:05
Hehe, I won't. Glad to see that my pics get used :cool:

bountymatze
23.02.2007, 17:02
So tomorrow the next home game. And as I didn't like the total depression a few weeks ago I'm not quite sure if I like the euphoric atmosphere here in the forum and in the papers. It reminds me at the werderians disucssing a 3:0, 4:0 or 6:0 against us last week...:rolleyes:

I was very euphoric last saturday and sunday. But since yesterday nervousness came back. That's a good omen: I have to be sceptical before a game. If I look forward to a game we almost every time lose or play draw...:eek:

Well, we'll see. This time I have the feeling that Huub reaches the team when warning the team that we have not one the fight against relegation yet. We just one 2 games. In total 3games out of 22...So there's still no reason for euphoria, definetly not...

O.k., OfTheSpeed, maybe we'll see tomorrow when you come to our places to fix your flag...:cool: :)

Still 21 points for remaining the Urgestein! Let's start with 3 tomorrow!!hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

shadsworth cloud
24.02.2007, 19:15
its really appropriate that a topic titled "Totally Stunned" just fits the bill for everything this season. Even though the thread started after that defeat at Berlin, which seems like years ago now, it still rings true.

Bountymatze, you are right, the Frankfurt match was a difficult one to face. As fans we think "we beat dortmund and bremen, so now its an easy 3 points against frankfurt", if only football was so predictable we would not have been bottom of the league 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its what Shakin Stevens has been saying all week - the next game is not easy

Take the bremen fans last week - When i saw their flag with the alarm clock, which read tick tick, your time is up, i knew that these are not football fans who could do this. not because its disrespectful to a great club like Hamburg, but because the minute you start pouring the champagne before a game is when it all goes wrong. so they were very stupid to bring out a banner like that. at least BEFORE a game like that.

Yet today, when i heard that HSV were 1-0 up i started to think that the game was already won. The confidence now seems to be running through the team, and best of all, they are now scoring the late goals whereas previously they were conceding them.

Its great to now be above that line on kicker.de but its very easy to slip back below it if we start thinking games are won before they have kicked off. (mind you next week - schalke away....:p )

bountymatze
24.02.2007, 20:11
its really appropriate that a topic titled "Totally Stunned" just fits the bill for everything this season. Even though the thread started after that defeat at Berlin, which seems like years ago now, it still rings true.

Bountymatze, you are right, the Frankfurt match was a difficult one to face. As fans we think "we beat dortmund and bremen, so now its an easy 3 points against frankfurt", if only football was so predictable we would not have been bottom of the league 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its what Shakin Stevens has been saying all week - the next game is not easy

Take the bremen fans last week - When i saw their flag with the alarm clock, which read tick tick, your time is up, i knew that these are not football fans who could do this. not because its disrespectful to a great club like Hamburg, but because the minute you start pouring the champagne before a game is when it all goes wrong. so they were very stupid to bring out a banner like that. at least BEFORE a game like that.

Yet today, when i heard that HSV were 1-0 up i started to think that the game was already won. The confidence now seems to be running through the team, and best of all, they are now scoring the late goals whereas previously they were conceding them.

Its great to now be above that line on kicker.de but its very easy to slip back below it if we start thinking games are won before they have kicked off. (mind you next week - schalke away....:p )
To be honest I just looked for a thread to put my thoughts in...regardless of the topic it used to have three weeks ago...:p But you're right. Even today you could be stunned...stunned, how we could let the Eintracht play better after the break. And then, after the 2:1 lead with just 14 minutes to go, if we could let them so many chances for the draw. Lucky us that Meier couldn't score out of three meters...

But it seems that the fortune came back to the Volkspark. The fortune we didn't have in the first part of the season...

So I hope that this game opened the eye's of everybody - especially our team - that we just won three games now. Not more.

But at least we have left the "relegation zone"! Let's do everything that we do never return...

OfTheSpeed23
24.02.2007, 20:44
After playing so well against Dortmund and Bremen, we were bound to "slow down" a little and perform quite poorly. Yeah, we won 3-1 but Troche's goal was pretty much a hit and hope effort and Olic's goal came because Frankfurt were pushing way too many men forward in search of the equaliser that they nearly got.

Fortune like Troche's goal (remember he hit the bar from exactly the same spot against Arsenal) is something that has passed us by before, but at last we got some.

Sanogo continues to annoy me, not because of his poor touch, not because of his inability to keep the ball...but the simple fact of getting caught offside when he shouldn't have been. As he's nearest to the touchline, he can see all across the back line of the Frankfurt defence. How the hell he can stray just a yard offside is beyond when he can see how deep or high up the defence are. That's basics and as a damn professional that gets over a million a year, he should damn well be able to do it. Olic was just as bad last week against Bremen.

Reguarding Olic, either he's taking his time to settle in or he's just not good enough. Yeah, he scored but that shouldn't mask how average he was today. Like what we've seen before, he just can't seem to take defenders on - be it lack of confidence or ability. And when he does get through on goal, he doesn't hit the target from a seemingly perfect position.

The lone striker is a target man and Olic isn't that. He's a drop-off striker (like Ljuboja), who does all the running around for the target man. Sanogo is a target man and he is useful in the air, but he just cannot seem to do the basics when the ball is on the pitch. Not sure about Guerrero or Berisha because Stevens hasn't really given them a chance, although the fact that they haven't been played yet shows us that they're not doing a decent job in training.

Anyway, it's been a while since I can say "three points after an average peformance". I'd glady take more of them as points is all that matters, obviously. Although a point in Schalke on Friday will do me.