PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : schalke04 v HSV

shadsworth cloud
01.03.2007, 19:21
anyone care to take a guess at what might happen tomorrow night?
a month ago, i would have suggested getting a bigger scoreboard, the way Schalke and Hamburg were playing.
But just as we have picked up, so Schalke have embarked on their traditional end-of-season choke, drawing at wolfsburg and losing at home to leverkusen while hamburg win 3on the trot.

It might just be the medication, but i do think we are capable of a draw and with a bit of good fortune mixed with a barnstorming performance by Rost maybe even get the 3 points..

Schalke are without Krastjic and Lincoln who are both key players for them, Hamburg have stopped leaking goals recently (only just, from Saturdays game). If Kuranyi can have one of his dopey days, and VdV can weave some magic we could be up to 10th by Friday night. And who would have forecast that 1 month ago?

OfTheSpeed23
01.03.2007, 21:21
I'm really not that sure, tbh.

I think our luck against the one of the top 3 teams who are poor in recent form might run out, having beaten Bremen.

Yeah, Krstajic and Lincoln are key players but Schalke will be just as strong without them. If we let Schalke dominate areas of the game like we let Frankfurt last week, they they'll serverly punish us.

A 1-1 away to the league leaders would be a great result though. Reguardless if actually played well and they get a last minute equaliser or not. I'd be happy with a point.

Oh and I'd prefer not to think "we could be up to so-and-so after this game" or things like that. It's like getting too far ahead. Baby steps.

bountymatze
01.03.2007, 21:39
I'm really not that sure, tbh.

I think our luck against the one of the top 3 teams who are poor in recent form might run out, having beaten Bremen.

Yeah, Krstajic and Lincoln are key players but Schalke will be just as strong without them. If we let Schalke dominate areas of the game like we let Frankfurt last week, they they'll serverly punish us.

A 1-1 away to the league leaders would be a great result though. Reguardless if actually played well and they get a last minute equaliser or not. I'd be happy with a point.

Oh and I'd prefer not to think "we could be up to so-and-so after this game" or things like that. It's like getting too far ahead. Baby steps.
You're right! I think: Yes, we do have a chance to get a point or three tomorrow. But only, oif our boys start the game as concentrated as they started in Bremen 2 weeks ago. If they start thinking "oh, we can win here, and then we are 10th, and maybe we have a chance for the UI Cup..." we'll lose. It's the same thing with us last year: First, when the team thought "from game to the next game" we won the games. Then, when the championship came close, we lost the second place. And it's the same thing with Schalke: Now, as the officials start planning the championship party, the team loses the points.

The situation is so damned close down at the bottom of the league. So you have to be concentrated in every single game. Without thinking about which place we can achieve...

By the way: Kicker.de made a poll, which team was supposed to get relegated. Well, there are more peoble believing that Dortmund is going down than us...:p Let's hope, that these folks are right...:)

But - I mentioned it several times: It's still hard hard work. But we'll make it!hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

Swansea
01.03.2007, 21:54
Looks like Krstajic is going to be in the starting lineup.

OfTheSpeed23
01.03.2007, 22:12
By the way: Kicker.de made a poll, which team was supposed to get relegated. Well, there are more peoble believing that Dortmund is going down than us...:p Let's hope, that these folks are right...:)

In situations like these, I don't take any notice of website polls, etc, etc, etc. They cause more distraction than anything else.

But yeah, I think Stevens himself has drilled it in to the squad to take each game as it comes. That goes without saying for every club but more so for us considering the situation we're in.

Are you going tomorrow, matze? Or is the next game for you another 10 days? :D

Dr. Spielchen
01.03.2007, 23:00
If we let Schalke dominate areas of the game like we let Frankfurt last week, they they'll serverly punish us.
Yes, that´ll be the key. We have to keep our concentration.
But I´m not pessimistic. I´m pretty sure Huub and Frank had a good conversation about Frank´s former teammates and also we´ll see him doing a superb performance. :D
I´m very curious about Huubs strategy. Maybe we´ll see a slightly "odd" setup unsettling the Schlakskis, something like the 1990 worldchampionship playoff game against holland, when germany played aggressive forward pressing with six defenders! :)
Anyway, pressure is on their side. Let´s counterattack them!

100% agree.

bountymatze
02.03.2007, 06:24
In situations like these, I don't take any notice of website polls, etc, etc, etc. They cause more distraction than anything else.

But yeah, I think Stevens himself has drilled it in to the squad to take each game as it comes. That goes without saying for every club but more so for us considering the situation we're in.

Are you going tomorrow, matze? Or is the next game for you another 10 days? :D
Unfortunately you're right: My next game live in the stadium is another 10 days...:( But I'm gonna watch it with my dad live on arena.

So I'll have to put away all the furniture before the game to avoid severe damages...:p

OfTheSpeed23
02.03.2007, 12:18
Haha :D

Well hopefully my pictures will get you and anybody else not going closer to the game...somehow :D

Dr. Spielchen
03.03.2007, 01:35
Four in a row!
No odd strategy, just a very, very good performance with concetration and two counterattac goals! Thanks, Huub! :D

shadsworth cloud
03.03.2007, 08:01
So I'll have to put away all the furniture before the game to avoid severe damages...

hope your home is still intact hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

bountymatze
03.03.2007, 10:28
hope your home is still intact hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

Well, I'll better drive to IKEA to get a new table today...:D After the 2:0 you could see two men (one of them (not mee) 75 years old...:) ) jumping and hopping through the room. :cool:

What a game! hsvklatsch hsvklatsch After the first half I would have been totally happy with a point. But you can really see a change in the way the team plays. Very more confident than for example in Mainz last year. And luck returned to us. As I always said: Once in a season luck and bad luck will be balanced. And now is the time we have the luck we didn't have in the first half of the season (getting the goal in Aachen in the 91st minute for example)

And again you could see, what happens if you celebrate too early. Take Schalke: Everybody is planning the championship party, and the team get's one single point out of three games in Wolfsburg and home against Leverkusen and us. But that should be also warning enough for us: Let's stop talking about UEFA cup, better go on getting the remaining 13 points for staying the "Urgestein". When we have reached that we can still see if even more is possible.

It was today just a month ago we lost in Berlin in the 93rd minute. And everybody was depressed. And nobody believed in our rescue. So let's keep our feet on the ground and
go on playing "finals" against the relegation.

But it looks very very good that we'll make it!!! hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

And now I'm waiting for OfTheSpeed's pics...:cool:

OfTheSpeed23
03.03.2007, 10:40
A night that started with stress ended with euphoria :D

On the motorway, there was a stau (traffic jam) 400m before the turn off, bloody typical. That stau led all the way to the main road going into the stadium so we pulled into the car park at 8pm. Then there's a 10 minute walk from the car park to the entrance, where we waited for another 10mins to get frisked by the security before a 5 minute run up to my position. Thankfully, I knew that there's always some gaps right at the back of the stehblock so I got there just as the Schalke team was being called out.

Funnily enough, I don't remember that much from the game as it went so quick. I barely remember van der Vaart's goal or how he scored it. I just remember going mad with the other Hamburgers and getting showered in beer from the process. You know, other people going mad but with a cup of beer in hand. :D

Olic's goal seemed pretty well taken, although for some reason for me the noise wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. Plus nobody really ran to Olic at first to celebrate and he just ran towards the bench, so I thought it was disallowed or whatever. But then I saw the scoreboard change and some Schalke players drop in despair and then realised that we did in fact scored a second. What I do remember is that Olic, for me, had a great game. Galloping around like a gazelle, showing some good touches. Hopefully he's got his confidence to go on and score more goals.

But what a result. All I kept saying afterwards (to anybody that would listen :D) was "unglaublich! unglaublich!" and it was just that. Disbelief that we'd pulled off yet another fantastic away result.

Another small step though and the outcome of the games involving Mainz, Wolfsburg, Cottbus will be important to our 10th place. Can't get too carried away, there's still 10 games to go and in those 10 games we've yet to face the likes of Gladbach, Bochum & Aachen - not to mention the AWD Arena where Hannover are scoring for fun.

Anyway, a great night. Got in just after 4am this morning and I feel great :D

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/ChosenFew316/Schalke-HSV/43.jpg

Just uploading the pics now. The forum gallery still isn't fixed, so it's on with Photobucket.

bountymatze
03.03.2007, 16:36
A night that started with stress ended with euphoria :D

On the motorway, there was a stau (traffic jam) 400m before the turn off, bloody typical. That stau led all the way to the main road going into the stadium so we pulled into the car park at 8pm. Then there's a 10 minute walk from the car park to the entrance, where we waited for another 10mins to get frisked by the security before a 5 minute run up to my position. Thankfully, I knew that there's always some gaps right at the back of the stehblock so I got there just as the Schalke team was being called out.

Funnily enough, I don't remember that much from the game as it went so quick. I barely remember van der Vaart's goal or how he scored it. I just remember going mad with the other Hamburgers and getting showered in beer from the process. You know, other people going mad but with a cup of beer in hand. :D

Olic's goal seemed pretty well taken, although for some reason for me the noise wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. Plus nobody really ran to Olic at first to celebrate and he just ran towards the bench, so I thought it was disallowed or whatever. But then I saw the scoreboard change and some Schalke players drop in despair and then realised that we did in fact scored a second. What I do remember is that Olic, for me, had a great game. Galloping around like a gazelle, showing some good touches. Hopefully he's got his confidence to go on and score more goals.

But what a result. All I kept saying afterwards (to anybody that would listen :D) was "unglaublich! unglaublich!" and it was just that. Disbelief that we'd pulled off yet another fantastic away result.

Another small step though and the outcome of the games involving Mainz, Wolfsburg, Cottbus will be important to our 10th place. Can't get too carried away, there's still 10 games to go and in those 10 games we've yet to face the likes of Gladbach, Bochum & Aachen - not to mention the AWD Arena where Hannover are scoring for fun.

Anyway, a great night. Got in just after 4am this morning and I feel great :D

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/ChosenFew316/Schalke-HSV/43.jpg

Just uploading the pics now. The forum gallery still isn't fixed, so it's on with Photobucket.
Thank you for your pictures! hsvklatsch And - even more: Thank you again for bringing back three unexpected points!:cool:

And today we could see, how important these points are: Frankfurt playing against Hannover, and I thought "well, I don't think they will win against Hannover, as Hannover played quite well last weeks" And Frankfurt won. Then Bielefeld, playing against "The Club", and I thought "Oh, Nürnberg has the big aim: Playing UEFA Cup next year! If not this year- when? So those guys will surely win in Bielefeld" and...Bielefeld won. It's a quite exciting season this year.

So we better don't count on other teams to help us. Just win at least 4 or 5 (or better all...)games, and it will do this year.

hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
03.03.2007, 21:14
You shouldn't really count on other teams to help you out anyway and in our case I'd prefer us to get out of this trouble rather than rely on other teams to help us.

And seeing as how things have gone for the last month, my preferred method is working a charm :D

shadsworth cloud
04.03.2007, 10:10
So, Hamburg win 4 matches in a row and a big shadow comes across the moon

What has Huub got planned for after the fifth win?

Sergej4Prez
04.03.2007, 20:36
So, Hamburg win 4 matches in a row and a big shadow comes across the moon

What has Huub got planned for after the fifth win?

What about a giant meteor falling down from the skies and bringing terror and devastation
to a city named Bremen? :D

shadsworth cloud
05.03.2007, 22:15
i hope the Becks factory survives.....

Swansea
05.03.2007, 23:43
i hope the Becks factory survives.....

Why?

rangers1873
06.03.2007, 19:40
Why?

I agree....why?