PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : On we go fighting against relegation

bountymatze
09.03.2007, 17:58
Well, it's friday evening. Time for my "thoughts to the game"...:)

Sunday evening now the next final against relegation. And this time I will be on my playe in 24B again...good news for the remaining furniture at home!:cool: :p

After the bad news this week we'll have to see, who'll enter the field. It looks like van der Vaart is not playing...better he doesn't play this time and therefor he can play the rest of the season, as playing for - let's say 20 minutes before hobbling off the ground and sitting in the plane to Basel on Monday for the next operation...:eek:

But who ever stands on the field Sunday afternoon on 5: He get's his money from HSV not for keeping the "Ersatzbank" (another word I don't know...:confused: ) warm but for playing for this club. That's what we bought him for one day, isn't it??

So I agree to the coach: It doesn't matter, who's not gonna play. It matters, WHO will play. And how they'll play! But I have confidence in our coach that he will make sure that everybody knows, that we still haven't reached anything. And that we can talk about UEFA cup if we have reached the 40 points (so after the next 4 games...:p:D )

Just 10 games for the "Klassenerhalt" (I hate my english teacher. So many important words he didn't teach me...). And I'll be happy if we finally made it. And can go for the next chance next season!

OfTheSpeed23
10.03.2007, 21:22
Ersatzbank is Subsitutes bench or subs bench.

I don't know the direct translation for Klassenerhalt but when used in a sentance..."Unser Team kaempft um den Klassenerhalt" means "Our team is fighting to stay in the league".

Not sure if that makes any sense :D

Anyway, I tell you one thing that is frustrating me....teams around us are playing each other and winning. You'd think after four wins that we'd be okay, but we're still only 1 point off the Relegation zone. If we lose tomorrow then the last month has been a complete waste! Dortmund have been bloody useless, letting Cottbus trounce them last week and then letting Bochum roll over them with ease today. Speaking of Cottbus, you'd think they'd use that win in DO as a springboard...but no, they go and lose at home to friggin Aachen!

I mean, what the fúck?! :mad:

I know I said we should just concentrate on our own games, but when we're this close to the bottom and getting sucked into the trapdoor, it's hard not to take a slight interest in whats going on around us.

However, the positives from todays results means if that IF we win tomorrow we can go up to 9th. Wolfsburg drew, Dortmund lost and Cottbus lost too. Mainz and Aachen both won and are now on 30pts, but we've got the better goal difference.

I'm getting too ahead of myself, I know. If we start thinking about where we can go after a winning result then we'll get distracted from the job in front of us.

Anyway yeah, reguarding tomorrow. I hope that we're not turning into a one-man team with van der Vaart. There are doubts about him playing tomorrow, so if he doesn't make it I hope that we can be just as effective without him. Course, I hope he does play.

But it seems that we're leaning towards a defensive mentality, like we played in Schalke and possibly why Mehdi is not going to get his contract renewed in the summer.

My prediction...I'll just take three points. Whether it's a dull 1-0 or we get a last minute goal (for the third straight home game) in a 4-3 win :D

bountymatze
11.03.2007, 11:09
Ersatzbank is Subsitutes bench or subs bench.

I don't know the direct translation for Klassenerhalt but when used in a sentance..."Unser Team kaempft um den Klassenerhalt" means "Our team is fighting to stay in the league".

Not sure if that makes any sense :D

Anyway, I tell you one thing that is frustrating me....teams around us are playing each other and winning. You'd think after four wins that we'd be okay, but we're still only 1 point off the Relegation zone. If we lose tomorrow then the last month has been a complete waste! Dortmund have been bloody useless, letting Cottbus trounce them last week and then letting Bochum roll over them with ease today. Speaking of Cottbus, you'd think they'd use that win in DO as a springboard...but no, they go and lose at home to friggin Aachen!

I mean, what the fúck?! :mad:

I know I said we should just concentrate on our own games, but when we're this close to the bottom and getting sucked into the trapdoor, it's hard not to take a slight interest in whats going on around us.

However, the positives from todays results means if that IF we win tomorrow we can go up to 9th. Wolfsburg drew, Dortmund lost and Cottbus lost too. Mainz and Aachen both won and are now on 30pts, but we've got the better goal difference.

I'm getting too ahead of myself, I know. If we start thinking about where we can go after a winning result then we'll get distracted from the job in front of us.

Anyway yeah, reguarding tomorrow. I hope that we're not turning into a one-man team with van der Vaart. There are doubts about him playing tomorrow, so if he doesn't make it I hope that we can be just as effective without him. Course, I hope he does play.

But it seems that we're leaning towards a defensive mentality, like we played in Schalke and possibly why Mehdi is not going to get his contract renewed in the summer.

My prediction...I'll just take three points. Whether it's a dull 1-0 or we get a last minute goal (for the third straight home game) in a 4-3 win :D
I had the same feelings yesterday: Was it necessary that Gladbach won? And Bochum? It would have been nice, if those two team had lost their games, so that there are 2 teams who can begin planning for the second division. But even if they did, there would still be a third team to relegate...:rolleyes:

So, it doesn't make sense watching the other results: If we win we are 3 points ahead of the relegation zone. So that is the only thing you can count on: To win your own games. We saw that last year: If Bayern had won it's game against Werder, we would have been second at the end of the season. They lost, but won the championship anyway, and we got 3rd.

But on the other hand there's hardly a team who can relax for the rest of the season. Even Hertha BSC is just 7 points away from the relegation zone. If they go on playing like the last games (losing against Mainz at home, losing against Gladbach...) it's not too much...And we do not need to talk about the situation of Dortmund.

Well, if you need 24 games to win just 5 of them it's normal if you have to fight against relegation...Even if you got 4 of those victories in a row! But I'm still confident that we'll make it. hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
11.03.2007, 11:15
Huub was right (not that he needed to tell us as we already know, but..) we have nothing but Cup finals for the rest of the season. Nothing but nervousness, anxiousness and that buzzing feeling at the pit of your stomach but yet excitement that you're going to see your team play. I get that every weekend (well, when HSV play). Travelling up or down the country to watch my team play, the same excitedness as we pull into the stadium car park yet especially feeling nervous and anxious since the Dortmund game...and there's more of that to come in the next few months. :D

I remember when we thrashed Leverkusen 4-1 a few years back, Erik Meijer getting the last goal I think. I'd be more than happy with that result today :D

bountymatze
11.03.2007, 11:32
Huub was right (not that he needed to tell us as we already know, but..) we have nothing but Cup finals for the rest of the season. Nothing but nervousness, anxiousness and that buzzing feeling at the pit of your stomach but yet excitement that you're going to see your team play. I get that every weekend (well, when HSV play). Travelling up or down the country to watch my team play, the same excitedness as we pull into the stadium car park yet especially feeling nervous and anxious since the Dortmund game...and there's more of that to come in the next few months. :D

I remember when we thrashed Leverkusen 4-1 a few years back, Erik Meijer getting the last goal I think. I'd be more than happy with that result today :D
Oh yes, Huub definitely has to tell us (and especially the team) every week of the 10 finals, because otherwise some people start their pocket calculator how many points are remaining for the UEFA cup...And, by the way: This is what Dortmund had in mind some weeks ago...:rolleyes:

bountymatze
11.03.2007, 19:12
Well, now we got a point. But I'm not disappointed at all. As against another fan leaving the stadium saying "oh, again just a point...":rolleyes: Hey folk, we made 13 points out of the last 5 games. If you had told me that after the Berlin game i would have accepted that at once!

Leverkusen is hard to play at the moment (beating Schalke and Stuttgart the last 2 games), and I can't remember us once winning 5 times in a row. Even last season, where we made a great first half season I can't remember a 5 victories row...

And, with a little bad luck you can easily lose such a game. As Schalke 2 weeks ago, playing towards the Leverkusen goal all of the game and getting the 0:1 in the 87th minute...And with our bad luck in the Doll area we certainly would have lost the game...:rolleyes:

But I think the people in the stadium had the same feeling like me. As the team got a lot of applause after the game...hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

So we need 4 victories out of 9 games. Or 3 victories and 3 draws. Should be possible!

I'm still convinced that we'll make it! Next week we go on...fighting against relegation! With the next 3 points...hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
11.03.2007, 21:00
I dunno, I guess I am a little disappointed. I mean who wouldn't be when you're a Rene Adler save away from winning the game, then there's Laas' effort against the post in the first half.

Still, not that much of a surprise to see two teams in good form play out a goalless draw and at least we didn't lose.

xy253
11.03.2007, 21:04
1 point is better than nothing... :rolleyes: :p :D :(
René Adler is a fabulous goalkeeper. :eek:

OfTheSpeed23
11.03.2007, 21:12
Not too sure about "fabulous" but he's a decent youngster

xy253
11.03.2007, 21:16
Not too sure about "fabulous" but he's a decent youngster
Ok, let us come to an agreement. He is fabulous AT THE MOMENT. :p

bountymatze
11.03.2007, 21:16
I dunno, I guess I am a little disappointed. I mean who wouldn't be when you're a Rene Adler save away from winning the game, then there's Laas' effort against the post in the first half.

Still, not that much of a surprise to see two teams in good form play out a goalless draw and at least we didn't lose.
Yes, but on the other hand a great safe of Rost and a great safe of Benjamin. So we well could have even lost the game.

By the way: Now you can see the game on DSF...

OfTheSpeed23
11.03.2007, 21:38
Ok, let us come to an agreement. He is fabulous AT THE MOMENT. :p

We'll agree to disagree ;) :p

Oh yeah, I saw you in the stadium today but you looked unhappy and walking in a hurry so I didn't stop you to say hello :o :D

Yes, but on the other hand a great safe of Rost and a great safe of Benjamin. So we well could have even lost the game.

By the way: Now you can see the game on DSF...

Now Rost is a fabulous keeper (:p Jessy) based on today's performance. Four world class saves and just confident and controlling in front of the sticks (in the goal :D) :cool:

xy253
11.03.2007, 21:41
Where and when did you see me? After the match? I was pissed off and I pissed of very quickly. :(

OfTheSpeed23
11.03.2007, 21:45
Nah, this was before the game. You were walking away from the Supporters Club Treffpunkt and towards the Westtribüne.