PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : The problem with this English forum

Swansea
14.03.2007, 09:53
Off the speed already complained about it in another thread, that we dont have enough HSV talk in here. Me i see this special section of this forum as an HSV and an OT forum meaning everything to be debated around HSV and the rest of the (football) world. The problem i see is, that all the native German speakers already discuss the actual problems and topics in the German section of this board and feel no need to do it again in English without somebody having a direct question. We just dont have enough english speaking guys on here to get the thing rolling. I would be very happy to have other fans from abroad on here, but with the required registration form only available in German language there is no way for them to make it. Maybe there is a possibility to open this part of the forum for unregistered users restricting all posts to be made in English or the other way to translate the registration form into English language. Your thoughts?

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2007, 10:41
Yeah I never thought of the trouble that visitors from abroad might have with the German on the registeration sign-up. I can't see guests allowing to post because of the site's policy for all users to have an account, easier to keep track of people I guess. So the other way is to have an English sign-up form as well as the German.

I do know of some native Germans that prefer to discuss HSV in here than in the German areas, bountymatze being one out of hundreds :D Plus there's guys like yourself and a few others who occassionaly come in this area.

Something needs to be done though if we want to have more English speaking members on the site to contribute to this area and get it rolling. Good shout though Swansea, hopefully something gets sorted out :cool:

rangers1873
14.03.2007, 11:20
The German sign up form is an issue as i know guys who want to sign but can't. I only did it with the help of Swansea but the admin for the English section was as usfull as an ice cube shop in Alaska

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2007, 11:45
Yeah, the moderators for this area aren't as active as they probably should be but then just because they're not posting in here doesn't mean they're not watching. I know HSVjessy sometimes comes in here to post but I haven't seen a post from Moeller in here since I've been registered, tbh.

Swansea
14.03.2007, 11:47
Just wrote a ticket to find a solution for this problem. Do you know about the ticket help system?

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2007, 11:50
Seen it mentioned but no idea what it does

Swansea
14.03.2007, 12:12
Whenever you want to get in contact with the mods you have to send them a so called ticket. It will be forwared to the guy who is responsible for it. You find the ticket system in the blue menu on top of the page on the very right (Ticket-System). Then on the left you have three options:
Zeige offene tickets = see open tickets, meaning tickets that havent been replied to yet
Zeige alle tickets = Show all tickets
Send ticket
Type in a title and choose a category (just take the first one)
Then type in your message!
Sit and wait! Dont expect immediate response, takes some days sometimes...

Yes, it is german bureaucracy at its best.

rangers1873
14.03.2007, 12:34
Follow Follow is the same mate

shadsworth cloud
14.03.2007, 17:59
more and more clubs have their own English forum, but they all suffer from the same problem of not enough people on them. The danger is then that they become a bit cliquey and old pals act.
I've been on other football club forums, namely schalke, hannover, bremen, gladbach, even st pauli (i know they aren't a football club, but you get my meaning)
they are all ok for a while but not well enough supported and its only a matter of time before you get the abuse etc from the moronic section.

I'm all for getting more people involved and anything that does that is a good thing. And lets try to make other fans welcome when they come here.
The more the merrier.
(Obviously not burnley fans though ;) )

bountymatze
14.03.2007, 21:06
Whenever you want to get in contact with the mods you have to send them a so called ticket. It will be forwared to the guy who is responsible for it. You find the ticket system in the blue menu on top of the page on the very right (Ticket-System). Then on the left you have three options:
Zeige offene tickets = see open tickets, meaning tickets that havent been replied to yet
Zeige alle tickets = Show all tickets
Send ticket
Type in a title and choose a category (just take the first one)
Then type in your message!
Sit and wait! Dont expect immediate response, takes some days sometimes...

:D Yes, that's what we're famous for: This is Germany, here you need a form for everything. Even if it is a football forum...

It's a kind of progress that you can send the ticket by e-mail, and not with the "Deutsche Post AG"...:p

On topic: As you might have noticed yet I'm in fact German (that's why I have to ask such things as "Werbebande", Ersatzbank etc:) And I started in the German section. But after a few weeks I recognized, that the "level of discussion" is definetly higher here as in the German section! Take the "Doll/Stevens question" for example. Of course we discussed the question wether Doll is the right coach or not as well, but now he is'nt our coach anymore, so we can go on to the next topic. As against the german section: Even today the same old topic is beeing discussed and dicscussed and discussend and discussed...:o

And this often by attacking the other users personally as stupid, unrealistic, dreamer etc.

So one day I decided either to leave the forum, or to look for a forum where I can discuss my thoughts and feeling concerning the HSV without beeing called an unrealistic dreamer (because I didn't talk of relegation after the Berlin game) or a party pooper (because I do not talk about UEFA cup now...:p ) And so I did...

And I know there are several german fans who just left the forum, because they didn't like the discussions there anymore. We should try to encourage them to write here. I'll start with my college, who speaks english quite well. I'll ask him...

But you're right: If we want english users to join the forum they must be able to join us in english! No question!

OfTheSpeed23
15.03.2007, 09:10
Yeah matze, ask your mate to join in :cool:

And it is funny. When were struggling at the bottom, people called you a dreamer if you said we would survive. Yet know, you're a party pooper if you don't think we're not going to quailify for the UEFA Cup. Nobody can win :D

bountymatze
15.03.2007, 19:06
Yeah matze, ask your mate to join in :cool:

And it is funny. When were struggling at the bottom, people called you a dreamer if you said we would survive. Yet know, you're a party pooper if you don't think we're not going to quailify for the UEFA Cup. Nobody can win :D
Well, if I'm a dreamer and a party pooper in one person..the doctor calls that schizophrenic, I guess...:D

Tomorrow I'll go on vacation. So I'm not going to be in Hannover. But I bet you will be there. :) And the last two games you went to you brought back 6 points. Do I need to tell you what I expect of you're trip to Hannover on Saturday??:D :p

Would be very nice to see on the players lounge the next three points against relegation!!hsvklatsch hsvklatsch hsvklatsch
And for the next home game against WOB I'll be back...thanks to the national team...:cool:

OfTheSpeed23
15.03.2007, 20:46
Will I be in Hannover?...

"Blöde frage ;)"as I keep telling my mates from the RGF fanclub who ask me if I'm going to the next away game :D

Enjoy your holiday :cool:

bountymatze
15.03.2007, 21:45
Will I be in Hannover?...

"Blöde frage ;)"as I keep telling my mates from the RGF fanclub who ask me if I'm going to the next away game :D

Enjoy your holiday :cool:
Enjoy the game! And take some pictures!:cool: To keep us not going to Hannover in touch with the game...

Moeller
16.03.2007, 06:45
Yeah, the moderators for this area aren't as active as they probably should be but then just because they're not posting in here doesn't mean they're not watching. I know HSVjessy sometimes comes in here to post but I haven't seen a post from Moeller in here since I've been registered, tbh.

I'm just reading here, because my written english isn't as good as my english speaking...

Whenever you want to get in contact with the mods you have to send them a so called ticket. It will be forwared to the guy who is responsible for it.

Yeah, that's it (http://www.hsv-forum.de/vBSupport.php) - Swansea has already opened a ticket and his idea (registration form in english) will be installed by us. When will it be installed? I won't give you a Timeline, because we have a lot of things to do at the moment, but I'm sure Swansea will remind us every few weeks ;)

It seems to be some kind of bureaucracy, but this is the only way to have an overview for us for any kind of support. Now we have got one channel for all support-themes and we try to answer it asap - the fastest ticket I've answered was about 3 minutes - we try to do the most questions within the next business day... sometimes, when the question/problem is more difficult it could take some days/weeks ;)

The second advantage: Formerly somebody asked a mod for doing something for him - the mod says no, it's against the rules or stuff like this- then he asked another mod - this mod will be nice/"good friend" to/with the asking guy and does what was excepted....

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 10:50
Your written English looks fine to me, Moeller :p ;)

Better than my written German, maybe :D

Moeller
16.03.2007, 18:46
Your written English looks fine to me, Moeller :p ;)

Better than my written German, maybe :D

it took me a few minutes more than writing the same text in german ;)

that's not really difficult :p:D

maybe we'll see us tomorrow in hannover... I think we've seen each other on the Bielefeld-Tour this season, but we didn't talk...

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 21:55
Oh yeah, I remember seeing on some away games and some home games too.

Had to look in your profile to see what you looked like :o :D

Crix
17.03.2007, 06:45
What about a screenshot of the german registration as sticky in this section and a translation for every single step that must be made by the new member?

OfTheSpeed23
17.03.2007, 10:15
That's a damn good idea. Can't beleive nobody else has suggested that :D :o

bountymatze
18.03.2007, 00:12
Well, another game without a goal... This time I could not watch the game, but could only hear the "NDR 2 live stream", which failed some times (especially when the reporter just wanted to tell us about the game...:rolleyes:) So all I saw of the game were the highlights on players lounge. After seeing that I say that we won a point. Of course the chance of three shots in one minute should be a goal, but on the other hand the thing of Rosenberg (or how he is called...) was easier to shoot in the goal than aside...:p

And I did like most of the other results. Of course not that in Frankfurt (where I still can"t believe somebody screeming for that...:rolleyes: ), but seeing Bochum and Bielefeld lose was not too bad...

So now we have a break. I can enjoy the rest of my holidays. And when I come back we'll go on...fighting against relegation!!hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
18.03.2007, 00:18
Rosenthal was that player, matze. My heart jumped up into my mouth. Rost was beaten, so if the ball was half an inch to the left then it would have been a definite goal. Still, that's the kinda luck we were missing from the Hinrunde.

However, van der Vaart's tame effort in the first half, Laas skimming the post in the second half and the Sanogo/Mehdi double save from Enke in the last minute is the kinda luck that still lingers with us.

Two weeks break, hopefully our defence will stay strong but we need to take these chances otherwise they'll come back to bite us in the ass come May.

bountymatze
18.03.2007, 02:18
Rosenthal was that player, matze. My heart jumped up into my mouth. Rost was beaten, so if the ball was half an inch to the left then it would have been a definite goal. Still, that's the kinda luck we were missing from the Hinrunde.

However, van der Vaart's tame effort in the first half, Laas skimming the post in the second half and the Sanogo/Mehdi double save from Enke in the last minute is the kinda luck that still lingers with us.

Two weeks break, hopefully our defence will stay strong but we need to take these chances otherwise they'll come back to bite us in the ass come May.
Nothing will bite us in may. Believe me! I never expectet, that we would get 14 points out of the last 6 games. And I also did never expect, that we win every game until the end of the season.

With those unexpected wins we are in the situation, that we can play draw in Hannover, without beeing far behind the other teams.

I still believe in our rescue. But I still do not believe in something called UEFA cup this year...call me a party pooper, if you want, but we should have started playing football earlier to have that chance...If you start playing real football in february it's a bit late...:rolleyes:

OfTheSpeed23
18.03.2007, 12:03
The fact that we're undefeated in 6 games and have only conceded 1 goal in that time tells me that we should SHOULD survive relegation.

Stine1887
04.07.2007, 12:19
but the admin for the English section was as usfull as an ice cube shop in Alaska
what a wonderful comparison! hsvklatschnever heard that before :)

Chris1887
04.07.2007, 22:44
The German sign up form is an issue as i know guys who want to sign but can't. I only did it with the help of Swansea but the admin for the English section was as usfull as an ice cube shop in Alaska

:D

Chris1887
04.07.2007, 22:50
simply the best :) never heard that before, too.

rangers1873
05.07.2007, 11:14
simply the best :) never heard that before, too.

i have sent you they stickers and pins mate jsut so you know :cool:

Chris1887
05.07.2007, 23:21

Great! Thank you a lot mate :cool:
Hope they are coming soon :D

Cheers

Stine1887
09.07.2007, 22:42

and what about me????????? :eek::D;)

rangers1873
09.07.2007, 23:11
and what about me????????? :eek::D;)

Do i know you???

Stine1887
09.07.2007, 23:43
Do i know you???

don´t panic, was a joke :p;)

Chris1887
10.07.2007, 15:16

Yeah just like i wrote to you: the stickers and pins are perfect, thanks.
Did not know if ou got the PN so i say : Thank you a lot!, in this Forum:)

rangers1873
10.07.2007, 20:30
Yeah just like i wrote to you: the stickers and pins are perfect, thanks.
Did not know if ou got the PN so i say : Thank you a lot!, in this Forum:)

no problem mate hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
19.07.2007, 00:18
Gone a bit quiet in here again. Although it's to be expected with the summer break :D

Still, alot more activity is needed in here in 2007/2008!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Chris1887
19.07.2007, 21:30
Gone a bit quiet in here again. Although it's to be expected with the summer break :D

Do you have pics from Hannover - Gers ? :)

Greatings
Chris

bountymatze
19.07.2007, 22:12

Yeah, you're right. But, as you see in the german section, at the moment there's not too much to discuss. I mean, if the german users start discussing "I got my season ticket today!" "Me too!", "Oh, I didn't!" (next day): "It still didn't arrive" (next day): "Oh, today it was in the mail...":D you see, there are not oo many subjects to discuss at the moment.

And here? Here they're discussing the game 96 against Rangers...and I can't say to much about it....

But "the day after tomorrow" the new season is about to start. Then we can go on talking about the championship after winning in Hannover, and talking about relegation, if we don't...:p

Personally I'm still waiting for the new players to come. Everytime I read the MoPo I see the next player wanting to leave...

But maybe this year it' different from last season, where we were discussing several new players who were about to come to us (Van Nistelrooy even had bought a car sign here in Hamburg...:)), and the season was bad. This time we don't change the team, and play the better season. We'll see...