PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Dortmund get Dolled up

rangers1873
14.03.2007, 12:38
Borussia Dortmund have appointed Thomas Doll as coach with a contract until 2008.

Doll will replace Juergen Roeber, who stepped down on Monday. "I'm very happy with my new contract," Doll said of his appointment. "Borussia Dortmund are strong enough to stay in the top division.

"It is an honour for me to coach a team with such a big tradition."

Roeber quit after a run of six defeats in seven matches left the 1997 European champions just above the relegation zone. Dortmund lost 2-0 to VfL Bochum on Saturday to leave them in 13th place in the Bundesliga on 28 points, just four points above Borussia Moenchengladbach in 18th and last place.

Doll, 40, was sacked by Dortmund's Bundesliga rivals Hamburg SV at the beginning of February after they slipped to last place in Germany's top division.

The former Germany international had been with Hamburg since 1998, first as a player and then as coach since 2004

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/bundesliga/2006-2007/sport_sto1115305.shtml

Dr. Spielchen
14.03.2007, 13:07
Many HSV-fans take it with a grain of salt, because doll formerly always pretended to have the "diamond (raute) in his heart", and asked on the pressconference if itīll be hard for him now regarding to his former employment he stated "no, thereīs nothing left". :eek:
Not very gentlemanlike.

OfTheSpeed23
15.03.2007, 09:14
Whilst I do thank him for his work in the 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 seasons, I really don't give a crap about Thomas Doll now, especially if he feels nothing about the club that gave him a chance in club management.