PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Van der Vaart is "indispensable"

rangers1873
16.03.2007, 11:09
Good news hsvklatsch

Rafael van der Vaart has been labelled "indispensable" by Hamburg director of sport Dietmar Beiersdorfer who added that no amount of money would be able to lure the Dutch midfielder away.

The 'hands-off' statement comes a day after Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer revealed he sees van der Vaart as the ideal candidate to strengthen the Bundesliga giants' midfield. A summer bid to bring the player to the Allianz Arena is thought to be likely.

But Hamburg are adamant their influential captain is not for sale: "He is the cornerstone of our team and plays an important role in our plans," Beiersdorfer said.

"There is no price at which we would grow weak at the knees. The player is indispensable."

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/bundesliga/2006-2007/sport_sto1116674.shtml

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 11:14
Whilst he won't be at the club forever, knowing that he's at the club until 2010 (at least) is good news hsvklatsch

rangers1873
16.03.2007, 11:21
Whilst he won't be at the club forever, knowing that he's at the club until 2010 (at least) is good news hsvklatsch

Now HSV have to match his ambition though as he left Ajax for the same reasons. He is a Loyal player something that is not common in this day and age but the lad wants to win things and HSV need to show that aswell

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 13:51
True. In a footballing world ruled by money, loyality is not so common. Look at Boulah for a good example...

I'm sure we can match his ambition though. Stevens' is using Doll's squad at the minute, so I expect a clear out and some new arrivials in the summer making us strong for next season.

Swansea
16.03.2007, 18:20
He refused contract talks at the moment, he says its too early. He can leave 2009 for a fixed 1,5 Million Euros (Come on Rangers, go get him....;)

shadsworth cloud
16.03.2007, 19:34
he is such an important player for us right now and i hope he stays for many years, but i have heard it all before.
remember HSV may be a cornerstone in your life, but for these people it is just a job. and you would not say to your boss "i will stay here for the rest of my life" (my boss dreads the prospect!)
like any employee, if he can get a lot more money elsewhere, then he will go. i'm sure he could earn more in england or spain but for now he is happy in hamburg, he has a young family and they seem settled, he has a fellow hollander as boss and the team is doing ok, at least in the past few weeks.
I don't know if the "he is indispensable" talk is aimed at season ticket sales for next year. i know the club sold a lot last summer and maybe they are afraid that sales this year will drop.

make no mistake, he will be able to earn more money elsewhere and that means he will eventually leave. i hope that we can keep him for another few years and he continues to improve. then he can leave with our blessings and we can find another up-and-coming star.
But please VdV don't go to Bayern. Red is so not your colour. and Beckenbauer is out of order with his comments, i hope someone gives him a bloody nose....

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 21:56
He refused contract talks at the moment, he says its too early. He can leave 2009 for a fixed 1,5 Million Euros (Come on Rangers, go get him....;)

That is ridiculous though. 1.9m.

Take away the decimal point :D

Swansea
16.03.2007, 22:03
That is ridiculous though. €1.9m.

Take away the decimal point :D

Yes, and change it to GBP...

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2007, 22:09
Haha :D

shadsworth cloud
21.04.2007, 08:42
it has been reported in England that Tottenham and Everton are interested in signing VdV.
Mostly I think it's paper-talk, Tottenham already have too many forward midfielders with Jenas and Lennon already playing that position and in any case generally sign English players (thats why they never win anything :D )
and Everton just don't have any money, they would only be able to sign VdV on loan and i can't see HSV letting him go like that.

bountymatze
21.04.2007, 10:04
it has been reported in England that Tottenham and Everton are interested in signing VdV.
Mostly I think it's paper-talk, Tottenham already have too many forward midfielders with Jenas and Lennon already playing that position and in any case generally sign English players (thats why they never win anything :D )
and Everton just don't have any money, they would only be able to sign VdV on loan and i can't see HSV letting him go like that.
Well, these news came to germany as well. Yesterday the "Hamburger Morgenpost" had the headline "Van der Vaart: "No commitment to the HSV!" But if you read the article all he said was, that he would like to stay in Hamburg, but in football you'll never know what happens..." These words lead the german press to the conclusion: Next week he's gone! :rolleyes:

I say: Of course he will not stay here until he quits playing football. The times of guys like Uwe Seeler playing for the club until retirement and earning the money by selling sport shoes are over. But there's no hint that he'll leave us NOW! That's all he's saying. But of course the guys of the press have to stoke fears to the reader. Just to sell their paper...

And I couldn't resent him going to Barcelona anyway. If he get's the chance he has to take it. He definitely deserves it. But he should not go to Bayern. But I'm quite sure he wont do that!

OfTheSpeed23
21.04.2007, 12:37
I'm not naive to think that he'll stay here for the duration of his career, so I do expect him to leave at some point - probably in two or three years time. Maybe after Euro 2008.

So when he does leave, I don't think it'll be to another German club but either to La Liga or to the Premiership, as VDV himself has said he'd love to play there someday.

Swansea
21.04.2007, 15:05
He always says that it would be his dream to play in Spain. Dont think he would go to Seville, Betis, La Coruna, must be one of the big three (Barca, Real, Valencia). Whenever i hear that teams like Everton or Blackburn want him i cannot hide a smile. Cannot see his wife leaving Hamburg for those places...:cool:

shadsworth cloud
21.04.2007, 15:29
Whenever i hear that teams like Everton or Blackburn want him i cannot hide a smile. Cannot see his wife leaving Hamburg for those places...

now you're just being deliberately controversial!

OfTheSpeed23
21.04.2007, 17:01
:D

I'd love to see him do well in the Premiership although I'd hate to see him go to Arsenal, where Wenger has signed two of the best Bundesliga players in recent times and played them out of position :rolleyes:

shadsworth cloud
21.04.2007, 17:18
are you referring to Jens Lehmann? :eek:
do you think he would make a good centre forward? hsvklatsch hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
21.04.2007, 17:48
Forgot about him :D

Alright, two of the three best Bundesliga players of recent times that he's signed... :p