PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Nordbank Arena

shadsworth cloud
29.03.2007, 23:17
So the AOL Arena will be renamed for next season as NordBank Arena.
I understand that AOL are pulling out after being bought out by TimeWarner, (and I never could quite take to the name AOL Arena).
It doesn't really matter any what its called, and the money comes in useful of course :D

But why name the stadium after a terrace at Highbury?
:D :D :D
http://www.btinternet.com/~m.shade/northbank/northbank.html

bountymatze
30.03.2007, 06:34
Well, in those times they used to have a real football stadium. With 4 terraces. And what do they have now? A "sports dome" with the same boring atmosphere like in american baseball stadiums. Where the crowd comes to meet each other, eat a hot dog and have a good talk, but not to support the team...:rolleyes:

Oh, what da disappointed home support that was. :o Did you know, that I dreamed of going to an english football stadium since I was a little boy? To feel the atmosphere of the fans singing all the time...And then I came to Arsenal last November...And so another illusion was destroyed! :p

And on topic: I don't mind, how the stadium is called. As long as they pay for changing the name. And as long as the name and the colour of our mighty HSV is never changed...And as I didn't say "I'm going to the AOL Arena" I won't say that with HSH Nordbank Arena...

I'm going to the HSV, that's it! :cool:

Swansea
30.03.2007, 10:06
Volksparkstadion forever!
I'd rather have no success and get relegated than selling parts of our club history. If one day were going to play in the juniors at 11:00 on a sunday morning , there is no reason for me not to go there...Not that i want this to happen first place, but im not afraid of it...

OfTheSpeed23
30.03.2007, 12:57
I'd rather have no success and get relegated than selling parts of our club history.

Sorry but that is ridiculous talk, imo. Especially with a season like this.

Swansea
30.03.2007, 13:30
Sorry but that is ridiculous talk, imo. Especially with a season like this.

I just dont want success at all costs...

bountymatze
30.03.2007, 18:10
Volksparkstadion forever!
I'd rather have no success and get relegated than selling parts of our club history. If one day were going to play in the juniors at 11:00 on a sunday morning , there is no reason for me not to go there...Not that i want this to happen first place, but im not afraid of it...
What do you mean with "selling parts of the club history"? :confused: Just by selling the name of the stadium? Our club has too much history that you can sell it just by changing the name of the stadium!

By the way: The way the stadium (how ever it may be called) looks like today has nothing in common with the old Rothenbaum (what definitely was our history). So we sold more of our history, when we decided to move to the Volkspark. Well, maybe we didn't have a chance in those times, because you couldn't play Bundesliga in Rothenbaum, but I think we don't have a chance to pass on 25 Millions (?) today. In those times we didn't advertise for something on the shirts etc either. And we had the same discussions those times when German clubs first advertised on the shirts. Today nobody talks about it. Times are changing...

And: I do like the new stadium more than the old Volksparkstadion. And obviously I am not the only one: I can't remember having once 57.000 spectators against a time like Wolfsburg in those times. We were lucky having 35.000 when Bayern came then...As I said: Times are changing...:p

rangers1873
30.03.2007, 18:16
What do you mean with "selling parts of the club history"? :confused: Just by selling the name of the stadium? Our club has too much history that you can sell it just by changing the name of the stadium!

By the way: The way the stadium (how ever it may be called) looks like today has nothing in common with the old Rothenbaum (what definitely was our history). So we sold more of our history, when we decided to move to the Volkspark. Well, maybe we didn't have a chance in those times, because you couldn't play Bundesliga in Rothenbaum, but I think we don't have a chance to pass on 25 Millions (?) today. In those times we didn't advertise for something on the shirts etc either. And we had the same discussions those times when German clubs first advertised on the shirts. Today nobody talks about it. Times are changing...

And: I do like the new stadium more than the old Volksparkstadion. And obviously I am not the only one: I can't remember having once 57.000 spectators against a time like Wolfsburg in those times. We were lucky having 35.000 when Bayern came then...As I said: Times are changing...:p

Question you need to ask is were did all the new fans come from and what do they bring to the team? 9 times out 10 it is nothing and they are just part of the modern age football that you have now.

oipöpi
30.03.2007, 18:20

Look at your Posting Time.... That Time must be changed...

shadsworth cloud
30.03.2007, 22:16
Look at your Posting Time.... That Time must be changed... :confused:

aaaahhh the penny just dropped, except on my settings the time shows 18:10

HSVFlorian
10.04.2007, 18:15
Hamburg till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eike W.
22.04.2007, 20:25
Hamburg till I die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: