PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Boubacar Sanogo

OfTheSpeed23
14.07.2007, 09:38
It seems that Sanogo is a target for Bremen.

The player himself doubts the confidence that we (the fans) have in him and doesn't even have the confidence in his own ability to challenge for a starting spot.

"I am scared of my own fans"

"If the booing and whistling continues, then I can't play in the Arena anymore as I have lost my confidence"

"It's not easy for me that the fans boo and whistle me and I don't want to experience it anymore"

Instead of saying things like "The fans booing and whistling me is upsetting but I intend to change that in the new season or "The fans reaction only drives me to improve my performance"...he states his worries and concerns. He could also say things like "I'm going to work and train hard to challenge for a starting team place"...but instead, seemingly resigned himself to being on the bench and hoped that Stevens plays with two strikers and not the preferred one striker.

None of those are good signs, now are they?

A player voicing these kinda concerns shows a weak mentality with only two weeks until the season gets underway. Do we want that? Do we want a player in the squad who is worried about the fans moreso than concentrating on his game? Yeah, he's not a starting player but what if we have an injury crisis again and this time it's our strikers that get hit? Sanogo could be called upon at any minute which means that his head should be focused and in control...seemingly from the above, he's not focused and in control whatsoever.

I'm not part of the large anti-Sanogo contingent on this forum and as I've said before, I'll support him 100% everytime he does come on the pitch. But he needs to sort himself out and also needs to realise that as soon as he gets a couple of goals, the fans that have been booing him will love him again...that being the fickle world that we live in, of course. When someone is down, we kick them...when they are up, we love them.

Also, a couple of goals will give him the greatest amount of confidence. Look at Peter Crouch for Liverpool...couldn't score for love nor money for a long stretch a few years ago and was ridiculed everywhere (not by his own fans, but still). He gets a lucky goal and then scores a beauty later in the same game and bang, he's a different player and a goalscoring threat.

A striker thrives on confidence and that's what Sanogo needs. I've heard that he's scored four times in friendly games so far in the build-up, so hopefully that itself will give him some comfort. Yeah, not really testing opponents but then it shows that he can still find the net.

He will stay because his height is a danger in the box. Whilst his footwork and technical ablity are sometimes lacking, he is a target man. He's big and he's strong...a big threat and you'd think that he is the perfect man to bring on with 15mins left when you're in search of a goal and long balls are being pumped into the box.

So come on Bobby Car, pull your damn finger out - get your head up and in the game and give us some more of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRVLC5KY6VI

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/sanogo/video/xrfs0_32sanogolup4ocom

:D

Chris1887
14.07.2007, 15:08
It seems that Sanogo is a target for Bremen.

The player himself doubts the confidence that we (the fans) have in him and doesn't even have the confidence in his own ability to challenge for a starting spot.

"I am scared of my own fans"

"If the booing and whistling continues, then I can't play in the Arena anymore as I have lost my confidence"

"It's not easy for me that the fans boo and whistle me and I don't want to experience it anymore"

Instead of saying things like "The fans booing and whistling me is upsetting but I intend to change that in the new season or "The fans reaction only drives me to improve my performance"...he states his worries and concerns. He could also say things like "I'm going to work and train hard to challenge for a starting team place"...but instead, seemingly resigned himself to being on the bench and hoped that Stevens plays with two strikers and not the preferred one striker.

None of those are good signs, now are they?

A player voicing these kinda concerns shows a weak mentality with only two weeks until the season gets underway. Do we want that? Do we want a player in the squad who is worried about the fans moreso than concentrating on his game? Yeah, he's not a starting player but what if we have an injury crisis again and this time it's our strikers that get hit? Sanogo could be called upon at any minute which means that his head should be focused and in control...seemingly from the above, he's not focused and in control whatsoever.

I'm not part of the large anti-Sanogo contingent on this forum and as I've said before, I'll support him 100% everytime he does come on the pitch. But he needs to sort himself out and also needs to realise that as soon as he gets a couple of goals, the fans that have been booing him will love him again...that being the fickle world that we live in, of course. When someone is down, we kick them...when they are up, we love them.

Also, a couple of goals will give him the greatest amount of confidence. Look at Peter Crouch for Liverpool...couldn't score for love nor money for a long stretch a few years ago and was ridiculed everywhere (not by his own fans, but still). He gets a lucky goal and then scores a beauty later in the same game and bang, he's a different player and a goalscoring threat.

A striker thrives on confidence and that's what Sanogo needs. I've heard that he's scored four times in friendly games so far in the build-up, so hopefully that itself will give him some comfort. Yeah, not really testing opponents but then it shows that he can still find the net.

He will stay because his height is a danger in the box. Whilst his footwork and technical ablity are sometimes lacking, he is a target man. He's big and he's strong...a big threat and you'd think that he is the perfect man to bring on with 15mins left when you're in search of a goal and long balls are being pumped into the box.

So come on Bobby Car, pull your damn finger out - get your head up and in the game and give us some more of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRVLC5KY6VI

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/sanogo/video/xrfs0_32sanogolup4ocom

:D

Yeah you are absolutely right :)

but I think he won't be happy with a joker role fpr the last 15 min. :)

OfTheSpeed23
15.07.2007, 17:12
Seemingly not, as I've seen in various paper reports that he wants to leave as soon as possible.

Well when someone says that they want to go, then let them fuck off. Once they say those kinda things, you know it isn't in their heart to play for the club.

Chris1887
16.07.2007, 00:27
Seemingly not, as I've seen in various paper reports that he wants to leave as soon as possible.

Well when someone says that they want to go, then let them fuck off. Once they say those kinda things, you know it isn't in their heart to play for the club.

Yeah. I think it is better for all. Think a few *fans* would have yelling( do not know if this word is the word i want to say but i think you know what i mean :D)
at him and then he would not have any will to play for this club anymore. so i think it really wozld be the best for all if he leaves as soon as possible.

Greetings:)

shadsworth cloud
17.07.2007, 17:53
yeah, lets look at the evidence:

Boubacar signs for HSV as a striker
HSV have the worst two-thirds of a season in years
HSV don't score hardly any goals
Boubacar stinks the place out (in a footballing sense)
Some fans give Boubacar a bad time.

Hey, welcome to the real world. You do a bad job, you get stress. If Bouby doesn't want the aggravation from the fans, the answers simple - score a goal or two!
Theres plenty of cases of players who have struggled to score, but have worked on their game and kept their head down and come through. Peter Crouch is a good example but theres loads more. Even if they don't score many goals, if a player is putting in the effort fans will respond with support.
Man City had a Bermudian striker Shaun Goater and he struggled just the same. I know many City fans who would say "I'm not racist, but Goater is terrible". But he kept going and won the fans over by his effort and application. As he got the support, his game improved and he got more support. It was an upward curve and by the time he retired Goater was a hero. Of course, all the fans now say "oh, we never criticised or boo-ed him" but a lot of them did.
The point is that Goater worked his way into form, he didn't sulk off because he was not getting his chance blah blah blah.
Sadly, what I saw of Boubacar he wasn't good enough. But worse was that in so many games he was miles off the pace and didn't seem bothered.
If he is not interested in improving himself - YES thats what he needs to do, its not up to the fans to change, or the club to change or the Arena to change - then its time to ship him out.
But if Bremen think hes a replacement for Klose, they will have a big disappointment.

Swansea
23.07.2007, 21:59
Sanogo's sold to Bremen for sth bewteen 4 and 6 million Euros plus extra money HSV get if bremen reach the CL in the next three seasons. Good deal imo!

Laas is sold to Wolfsburg for sth around 1.5 million Euros.

There are rumours that Pompey are willing to pay 6 million Euros for Guerrero.

No information on any incoming transfers at the moment!

Just to keep you informed ;)

rangers1873
23.07.2007, 22:52
Laas was playing at the end of last season aswell. They really need to bring players in though

Chris1887
23.07.2007, 23:12
Laas was playing at the end of last season aswell. They really need to bring players in though

Yeah, but he wanted to leave...

OfTheSpeed23
23.07.2007, 23:15
There are rumours that Pompey are willing to pay 6 million Euros for Guerrero.

That's all it is...rumours. It was something said in the GOSSIP section of a Sunday newspaper and everybody in the thread in the HSV thread is panicing, discussing, rambling on crap, blah blah blah.

NONE of the British websites have ANY news of Guerrero to Portsmouth, except for the small clip from the gossip from the Sunday paper.

9 pages of crap in that thread, as far as I'm concerned. 1) HSV won't sell another striker and 2) Pompey won't want Guerrero when they've just signed Kevin Nugent and John Ukata - as well as having Kanu and Lua Lua on the squad list. Where would JPG fit in there???

Utter crap, as far as I'm concerned.

Chris1887
24.07.2007, 13:07
Chill :D

shadsworth cloud
24.07.2007, 17:55
so fare well Sanogo.
or should i say sa- no goals

(i expect he will now score 20 goals this season and we will all be saying Bring Back Booby)

as for guerrero to pompey, Harry Redknapp likes to wheel and deal, and some of his transfers are (ahem) suspicious. He is currently under investigation for some of the shady dealings in transfers. There were also some odd signings when he was at west ham so i think it would need a big brown envelope full of "expenses" and "administration fees" for JPG to end up at fratton park.

Don't know about Germany but the english papers are full of who is linked with who? who wants to leave? Player X wants to join Club Y, etc.
99% is nothing or is a players agent testing the water, so lets stay calm and count down - only 6 weeks until the transfer window closes. :rolleyes:

Chris1887
25.07.2007, 14:16
so fare well Sanogo.
or should i say sa- no goals

(i expect he will now score 20 goals this season and we will all be saying Bring Back Booby)

as for guerrero to pompey, Harry Redknapp likes to wheel and deal, and some of his transfers are (ahem) suspicious. He is currently under investigation for some of the shady dealings in transfers. There were also some odd signings when he was at west ham so i think it would need a big brown envelope full of "expenses" and "administration fees" for JPG to end up at fratton park.

Don't know about Germany but the english papers are full of who is linked with who? who wants to leave? Player X wants to join Club Y, etc.
99% is nothing or is a players agent testing the water, so lets stay calm and count down - only 6 weeks until the transfer window closes. :rolleyes:

Ahh I think it is not that wild here at the moment. But it will come soon I think. Anyway, thank you for your point of view.