PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Van der Vaart - staying or leaving?

bountymatze
14.08.2007, 20:49
Hey folks,

what's that all about? Van der Vaart "wants to leave us at once", "has pain if he can't leave", 3300 pins in the german section to this topic, and the last topic somebody wrote in here is the rangers topic???:rolleyes:

What about you, OfTheSpeed? Already thought about changing your user name?:p

Well, let me tell you how I think about it: First I do not understand vdV at all. What the hell does he want in Valencia? I thought, he wanted to leave for a major european club? But Valencia? In my opinion they're are not too much bigger than us: If everything's fine, they can play champions league (so do we), normally they can reach the UEFA cup (so can we), and sometimes they don't even reach that (especially after losing against us...:p) The only reason I see is that vdV is affected by Lerby, who wants to earn some money buy arranging the contract. He does not help the player, though!

I think, the next weeks are getting tough to all: Beiersdorfer and Hoffmann, who'll have to answer the same question again and again ("Are you going to sell him"? "No!"; Are you going to sell him"? "No!"; Are you going to sell him"? "No!" etc. etc.), van der Vaart having the risk of beeing booed of some and the fans and beeing sad because he "sees his dream destroyed", and Huub, because he has rumour in his team...:eek: But I think he is professional enough not to be the spoil spot for the rest of the season. He would suffer the most himself

But finally everybody will see, that it's best for all of us if he stays: For us, because we can reach our aimes, and for him, because he can play a great European Championship to play for a real big club as Real or Barca.

We'll have to wait anyway...:eek:

OfTheSpeed23
15.08.2007, 00:32
Hey folks,

what's that all about? Van der Vaart "wants to leave us at once", "has pain if he can't leave", 3300 pins in the german section to this topic, and the last topic somebody wrote in here is the rangers topic???:rolleyes:

Yeah, it's been quiet in here unfortunately. I made two comments in the VDV thread in the German section but it was over-ran by the panic-makers and the smartasses.

What about you, OfTheSpeed? Already thought about changing your user name?:p

Hehe, I was wondering if someone was going to ask me that :D Then again, I don't think my German mates on here acutally know what "OfTheSpeed" actually means :D

But no, I won't be changing my username...although why I decided a username on a player when I signed up, I don't know :D

Well, let me tell you how I think about it: First I do not understand vdV at all. What the hell does he want in Valencia? I thought, he wanted to leave for a major european club? But Valencia? In my opinion they're are not too much bigger than us: If everything's fine, they can play champions league (so do we), normally they can reach the UEFA cup (so can we), and sometimes they don't even reach that (especially after losing against us...:p) The only reason I see is that vdV is affected by Lerby, who wants to earn some money buy arranging the contract. He does not help the player, though!

Valencia = La Liga and it's VDV's dream to play there. Simple as.

I think, the next weeks are getting tough to all: Beiersdorfer and Hoffmann, who'll have to answer the same question again and again ("Are you going to sell him"? "No!"; Are you going to sell him"? "No!"; Are you going to sell him"? "No!" etc. etc.), van der Vaart having the risk of beeing booed of some and the fans and beeing sad because he "sees his dream destroyed", and Huub, because he has rumour in his team...:eek: But I think he is professional enough not to be the spoil spot for the rest of the season. He would suffer the most himself

The media will make up some old shit in the next 9 months or so to sell their papers/to get TV ratings. Didi has come out on record and said that he's not for sale and isn't going anywhere. End of story. But you watch, wait a month and you'll get some moron from Sportschau asking that very question after VDV puts in a man of the match performance...

What I'm concerned about are those fucking idiots who are going to boo and whistle him on Sunday. It's going to happen, we all know it will. I'm sure he's thought about it himself and hopefully mentally preparing himself...unlike a certain person who let it affect them, whinge, cry, piss and moan about it and then move to a rival club :rolleyes:

But finally everybody will see, that it's best for all of us if he stays: For us, because we can reach our aimes, and for him, because he can play a great European Championship to play for a real big club as Real or Barca.

We'll have to wait anyway...:eek:

Exactly. He knows that if he continues his good form for us in a good season, then plays well in the EM for the Dutch - he'll be in the shop window for his "dream move".

It's all very strange but then we've never actually seen VDV say the words "I want to leave straight away, if I'm forced to stay here it will be painful" have we? All we've got is the print of the newspapers and the internet...and do we honestly beleive what either of them have to say in situations like this?

Take it with a pinch of salt, as they say in the Insel ;)

Anyway, alot of questions about his character, belief in his passion, desire to perform at 100% and desire to succeed here; as well as how you'll react to him in the next game.

Well, I think he's a professional and he'll get on with his job. He's been put in his place by his employers and has accepted the fact that he will not be leaving the club anytime soon. End of thema.

If he's that intelligent, then he'll think to himself "if I perform to my best every game, Valencia/Real/Barca will keep watching me and I'll move next summer". Yeah, not exactly in the best interests for us long term - but he's off anyway next summer (even before this crap in the last few days started). That's what I think he should do and that's what I think will happen.

As far as my reaction to him in Budapest goes...he's a HSV'er, simple as. I'll continue to support him as much as I support the rest of the squad :) As I said when Atouba got everybody on his back in December...booing and whistling him won't help, will it?

Anyway, anybody else going to Ungarn? :D

OfTheSpeed23
15.08.2007, 18:28
Either I misunderstood in the HSV treff but apparently, he's injured his back whilst picking up his 15month old son. http://www.wwefan.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/o_O.gif

As I said on another forum, if he plays tomorrow - he stays. If he's not playing - he's off. Egal what Beiersdorfer has said.

K3NNY
15.08.2007, 18:40
Egal what Beiersdorfer has said.

you mixed that up a bit... ;)

wise choice not to change your nickname. the 23 has always been a significant and mystique number, long before vdv decided to have it on his jersey... :cool:

bountymatze
15.08.2007, 19:11
you mixed that up a bit... ;)

wise choice not to change your nickname. the 23 has always been a significant and mystique number, long before vdv decided to have it on his jersey... :cool:
It's not only the number! Van der Vaart translated in english means OfTheSpeed... That's why I asked him...;)

bountymatze
15.08.2007, 19:20
:pEither I misunderstood in the HSV treff but apparently, he's injured his back whilst picking up his 15month old son. http://www.wwefan.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/o_O.gif

As I said on another forum, if he plays tomorrow - he stays. If he's not playing - he's off. Egal what Beiersdorfer has said.
I start changing my mind. Maybe it's still better to sell him for an reasonable price. I hope Didi already made up "plan B", and has an alternative, if we can't hold him. My brother in law just said, we should have an eye on Zagreps key player against Werder tonight, then ask Zagrep for the price, add a few millions, tell it Valencia and then...good journey, raffa... :p

Chris1887
15.08.2007, 21:08
Yeah, it's been quiet in here unfortunately. I made two comments in the VDV thread in the German section but it was over-ran by the panic-makers and the smartasses.

Hehe, I was wondering if someone was going to ask me that :D Then again, I don't think my German mates on here acutally know what "OfTheSpeed" actually means :D

So sad about this show. Can belive our little angel is as fu**ing bad as Boula...

K3NNY
16.08.2007, 12:26
:p
I start changing my mind. Maybe it's still better to sell him for an reasonable price. I hope Didi already made up "plan B", and has an alternative, if we can't hold him. My brother in law just said, we should have an eye on Zagreps key player against Werder tonight, then ask Zagrep for the price, add a few millions, tell it Valencia and then...good journey, raffa... :p

Zagrebs's key player would be a good idea. Too bad he won't be allowed to play international matches for Hamburg if he plays for Zagreb tonight... :(

shadsworth cloud
16.08.2007, 20:06
its a sad thing but i guess VdV is on his way. and Hamburg had better make a new plan and get used to him not being there.

i don't take much notice of whats written in the papers, but Raffas interview seemed pretty crystal clear, and as despicable as it is, it will be difficult fr him to stay now :mad:

these days even the best german club(s) cannot keep their star names if a club from the big leagues like La Liga, the Premiership, or the SPL (:D) come calling. and if your player is doing well and putting in star performances, then you must be ready for him to go.

but why all the lies and deceit? all that about his dream move and how he can't stay in hamburg if the chance is there to go to Valencia. was it his dream move when he signed his contract at Hamburg?
if so, why not put a clause in his contract that says he can leave for x million euro if his dream club of valencia come in for him?
i'm afraid it all comes down to money, and as rich as VdV is, he can get more for his great talent at valencia than at hamburg. and which of us wouldn't take a new job if it paid a whole lot more money than our current job (plus some nice warm weather). For me it would be nice to have the choice :)

all the double talk about dream moves etc is a shame because to me, the bundesliga is one of the most exciting and closely fought leagues there is, certainly more interesting than the EPL where man united and chelsea will finish in the top 2 (not disrespecting everton and man city who are there at the moment)

and its tough for fans to take, if you are a HSV fan, then that is who you support and the team is all-important. VdV has been a hero and a star, but now he will be gone and we have to find a new "little angel". Of course the fans feel betrayed, they have bought the shirts, the posters and the season tickets. and now he is not there any more and we have to make do with Colin Benjamin or David Jarolim :(

We can be sad to lose hime but lets just remember his good times, and then let's move on. Booing and whistling him, however much i agree with the sentiment, is counter productive and will only leave you feeling bitter.

i don't know anything of this guy from zagreb, maybe he is the new VanDerVaart. But its in everybodys best interests to get the whole thing settled.

bountymatze
16.08.2007, 20:47
its a sad thing but i guess VdV is on his way. and Hamburg had better make a new plan and get used to him not being there.

i don't take much notice of whats written in the papers, but Raffas interview seemed pretty crystal clear, and as despicable as it is, it will be difficult fr him to stay now :mad:

these days even the best german club(s) cannot keep their star names if a club from the big leagues like La Liga, the Premiership, or the SPL (:D) come calling. and if your player is doing well and putting in star performances, then you must be ready for him to go.

but why all the lies and deceit? all that about his dream move and how he can't stay in hamburg if the chance is there to go to Valencia. was it his dream move when he signed his contract at Hamburg?
if so, why not put a clause in his contract that says he can leave for x million euro if his dream club of valencia come in for him?
i'm afraid it all comes down to money, and as rich as VdV is, he can get more for his great talent at valencia than at hamburg. and which of us wouldn't take a new job if it paid a whole lot more money than our current job (plus some nice warm weather). For me it would be nice to have the choice :)

all the double talk about dream moves etc is a shame because to me, the bundesliga is one of the most exciting and closely fought leagues there is, certainly more interesting than the EPL where man united and chelsea will finish in the top 2 (not disrespecting everton and man city who are there at the moment)

and its tough for fans to take, if you are a HSV fan, then that is who you support and the team is all-important. VdV has been a hero and a star, but now he will be gone and we have to find a new "little angel". Of course the fans feel betrayed, they have bought the shirts, the posters and the season tickets. and now he is not there any more and we have to make do with Colin Benjamin or David Jarolim :(

We can be sad to lose hime but lets just remember his good times, and then let's move on. Booing and whistling him, however much i agree with the sentiment, is counter productive and will only leave you feeling bitter.

i don't know anything of this guy from zagreb, maybe he is the new VanDerVaart. But its in everybodys best interests to get the whole thing settled.
Pins like this are the reason why I write in the english forum! hsvklatschhsvklatsch Thank you for calming all of us down a bit! :cool:

Chris1887
16.08.2007, 21:26
What a bad game. But I think we wouldn't play better if vdv is in the team. We had games like that while he was playing... But Troche is not the right man for this position i think.

shadsworth cloud
17.08.2007, 17:29
Thank you for calming all of us down a bit!
oh, you're welcome..
and i am sorry to have been off-line for a few days, i have had what we call "a lot on my plate" :rolleyes:
i had seen a report in the Guardian about VanDerVaart wanting to leave, but typically for english media, it was all about valencia and who they might sell etc..

and i should add, i think it would be a bad move for VdV himself. ok so he will make better wages, but he does OK now at hamburg, and i think his wife is a good earner too. more important is for him now to build his career - he is still only 24. he has time to improve for another year or 2 before his "dream move" to -oh my god- valencia :confused:

OfTheSpeed23
17.08.2007, 17:46
I refuse to discuss this anymore, I've said what I've had to say and that's it.

Sorry if that sounds abrupt but the HSV treff is full of people having their all important opinion as well as having everybody and his friggin dog talk about it during the tour in Budapest for the last two days.

I'm sick of it already. He's either staying or going and that's the end of it.

Chris1887
17.08.2007, 17:52
Oui Oui... can't hear his name anymore.

bountymatze
17.08.2007, 18:55
I refuse to discuss this anymore, I've said what I've had to say and that's it.

Sorry if that sounds abrupt but the HSV treff is full of people having their all important opinion as well as having everybody and his friggin dog talk about it during the tour in Budapest for the last two days.

I'm sick of it already. He's either staying or going and that's the end of it.
Yeah, meanwhile you're right: Tuesday morning, as I enter my office, a workmate said "Oh, Matze, not wearing black this morning? Ha, ha, ha...":mad: Wedensday morning, the next guy: "Hey, Matze, what about van der Vaart? He's gone, isn't he?" :rolleyes: Yesterday morning, this morning...everyday the same story. Seems like the film "Groundhog day". And all of them workmates who normally don't even know what HSV stands for... So I finish discussing it as well.

As Kompany said this evening in the "Hamburg journal": Our club played football 118 years before he came, and he will go on playing for the next 100 years. That's exactly what I think reading all the 6.500 pins in the german section, where I even read somebody telling us that we'll go down to the 3rd division if he leaves...:rolleyes:

Life's going on, folks! With or without him.

Again thank you for discussing this topic here normally and sensible and not as crazy as in the german section. 6.500 pins in 3 days! :eek: I think, the last thing people churned up so much was the day Take That stopped singing...:p

And now let's start concentrating on the important game against Leverkusen.

shadsworth cloud
17.08.2007, 21:39
the day Take That stopped singing

WHAT!! has Take That stopped singing???? :D
my life is no longer worth living....

Actually, there is even worse news today. It has been announced that Shane Warne is actually........ a German!
It seems that his mother comes from Germany. i wonder if he can take penalties?
that would prove whether he has german blood

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/hampshire/6952127.stm

Chris1887
17.08.2007, 23:06
WHAT!! has Take That stopped singing???? :D
my life is no longer worth living....

Actually, there is even worse news today. It has been announced that Shane Warne is actually........ a German!
It seems that his mother comes from Germany. i wonder if he can take penalties?
that would prove whether he has german blood

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/hampshire/6952127.stm

I think Take That started singing again last year, aren't they? :eek::D

shadsworth cloud
18.08.2007, 14:42
As Kompany said this evening in the "Hamburg journal": Our club played football 118 years before he came, and he will go on playing for the next 100 years.

hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch

Egg-sactly!

OfTheSpeed23
19.08.2007, 01:33
As Kompany said this evening in the "Hamburg journal": Our club played football 118 years before he came, and he will go on playing for the next 100 years. That's exactly what I think reading all the 6.500 pins in the german section, where I even read somebody telling us that we'll go down to the 3rd division if he leaves...:rolleyes:

Life's going on, folks! With or without him.

Whilst our formation is currently built around van der Vaart (let's be honest, it is), we can easily adapt and change when he goes. We've got player quality to do that, it'll just take time.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm looking forward to seeing JPG & Zidan up front together. Although Jose has been a bit of a disappointment, tbh.

rangers1873
19.08.2007, 13:59
Whilst our formation is currently built around van der Vaart (let's be honest, it is), we can easily adapt and change when he goes. We've got player quality to do that, it'll just take time.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm looking forward to seeing JPG & Zidan up front together. Although Jose has been a bit of a disappointment, tbh.

http://i16.tinypic.com/5z7749k.jpg

Here is an interview he gave to Spanish sports paper AS.

¿Cómo se encuentra?
Bien, dentro de todo lo que está pasando creo que lo estoy llevando bien. Me he entrenado con el equipo y sigo esperando a saber cosas de mi futuro.

How are you?
Fine, despite all that is happening, I believe that I'm ok. I have trained with the team (Hamburg) and I carry on waiting for news on my future.

Por lo que dice su club, de dejarle salir nada de nada
Eso dicen ahora, veremos qué pasa dentro de unos días. Las cosas deben ir cambiando porque no tiene sentido que el Hamburgo ni quiera hablar con el Valencia, es algo que no entiendo.

Going by what your club say, they won't let you leave.
They say this now, but we'll see what happens in a few days. Things should change, as there is no sense in Hamburg not even wanting to talk with Valencia.

¿Sigue siendo optimista?
Yo sigo pensando que jugaré en el Valencia, voy a seguir peleando por ello y, aunque cada vez quedan menos días, aún quedan suficientes para que se arreglen las cosas.

Are you still optimistic?
I carry on thinking that I will play for Valencia, I'm going to carry on fighting for that and although every time there are less days (until the transfer window closes), even now there is enough time to sort things out.

Resulta extraño que un futbolista adopte la postura tan tajante que ha tomado usted. ¿Debe haber una explicación, no?
Sí, cuando firmé por el Hamburgo lo hice por un precio bajo, cinco millones. Entonces, el presidente me prometió que, en un par de años, si llegaban ofertas interesantes, sobre todo de España que es donde yo siempre he querido jugar, las estudiaría y miraríamos una salida. Por eso he tomado esta postura, creo que se debe entender porque el presidente no está cumpliendo su palabra.

It's strange that a player has adopted such a tough position, like you have, there has to be an explanation...no?
Yes, when I signed for Hamburg, I did it for a low fee, 5 million Euros. Then , the president promised me that in a couple of years, if he received interesting offers for me, especially from Spain which is where I have always wanted to play, that he would study them and we would look for an exit. This is why I am taking this stand, I believe that people should know that the president isn't being true to his word.

¿Debería haberlo firmado, no?
Viendo esto sí, aunque esas cosas creo que no se firman, la palabra de un presidente debe ser suficiente. Por eso quiero que hable conmigo, para recordárselo y que por favor se siente a hablar con el Valencia.

You should have got it (this agreement) signed...no?
Seeing what has happened ...yes, although these things I don't believe you sign, the word of a president should be sufficient. For this I want him to talk to me, so I can remind him of it and to ask him to talk to Valencia.

Hoy en Mestalla, presentación del Valencia
Lo sé, me hubiera gustado estar allí. Creo que yo todo lo que puedo hacer lo estoy haciendo y voy a seguir así porque me reafirmo en que mi etapa en el Hamburgo ha terminado.

Today in Mestalla, the presentation ofthe Valencia side for 2007-08
I know, I would have liked to have been there. I believe I am doing all I can and I'm going to carry on like this, because my time with Hamburg has finished.

¿No va a jugar mañana ante el Bayer Leverkusen?
Sí que voy a jugar.

You're not going to play tomorrow against Bayer Leverkusen?
Yes, I'm going to play.

Parece que ese dolor de espalda que le apartó de la UEFA sólo le afecta en Europa
(Sonrie). De verdad que el jueves me dolía.

It seems that this shoulder pain that made you miss the UEFA game, only affects you in Europe?
(Smiles). Honestly, on Thursday it hurt me.

¿Y le volverá a doler si cuando llegue el partido de vuelta aún sigue aquí?
Espero que cuando llegue ese partido yo ya no esté en el Hamburgo.

And will it return to hurt you for the return match if you are still here?
I hope when the return leg is played, I will already not be in Hamburg.

Y si lo estuviera
Ya se verá, de momento mañana juego, si el entrenador quiere, claro.

And if you were?
We will see, for now I will play tomorrow, if the coach wants me to.

¿No va a ser muy agradable para usted, no?
It's not going to be very pleasant for you (playing for Hamburg this weekend) no?
Asumo que la afición me va a pitar pero tengo claro lo que quiero. Si me silban no pasa nada, igual es mejor para que el presidente se dé cuenta que debe traspasarme.

I understand that the fans will boo me, but I'm am clear in what I want. If they boo me, it doesn't matter, infact it could even be for the best as the president will see that he should transfer me.

Es complicado porque es un gran estadio, con muchísima gente y a mí me quieren mucho, soy el capitán del equipo. Entiendo que la afición no quiera que me vaya, pero mi decisión está tomado y ojalá lo entendieran.

It's complicated because it's a great stadium, with many people and they like me a lot, I'm the captain. I understand that they don't want me to leave, but I have made my decision and I hope they understand it.

Chris1887
19.08.2007, 20:20
Quite lovely today. Expected more aggressive anti-support against him. But i think today was the best way to handle this problem.

OfTheSpeed23
19.08.2007, 22:44
Yeah, saw that interview on another site, Ian.

Reguarding van der Vaart, yeah he played well and scored but in there was no apology for his behaviour in the post match interview where he also stated that "I've made no mistakes" in the last week.

As I said before, he's forgotten about the Valencia shirt picture - so just do your job for the next 9 months and then sod off.

I admire him as a footballer, but as a person - I've lost all respect for him, captain or not.

Chris1887
19.08.2007, 23:01
Yeah, saw that interview on another site, Ian.

Reguarding van der Vaart, yeah he played well and scored but in there was no apology for his behaviour in the post match interview where he also stated that "I've made no mistakes" in the last week.

As I said before, he's forgotten about the Valencia shirt picture - so just do your job for the next 9 months and then sod off.

I admire him as a footballer, but as a person - I've lost all respect for him, captain or not.
You're completely right!

bountymatze
20.08.2007, 06:23
I was very very proud of all of us yesterday! hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch

It was the best (or maybe even the only way) to handle that situation! Well, last week I started thinking about selling him, because I had the fear, that he would be bood at any team for the rest of the season. Since yesterday I think, he definitly should stay until the end of this season. He seems to handle the situation, the fans do, what more can we want!! hsvklatschhsvklatsch

As you said OfTheSpeed: Last week he spoiled the chance of remaining an idol like Keegan. But I'll support him until he leaves us - to help him as a part of our team.

We can play a damned good season this year. Let's start to concentrate on football again. And now I hope that vdV doesn't plan the next provocation today...:eek:

Chris1887
20.08.2007, 10:48
I was very very proud of all of us yesterday! hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch

It was the best (or maybe even the only way) to handle that situation! Well, last week I started thinking about selling him, because I had the fear, that he would be bood at any team for the rest of the season. Since yesterday I think, he definitly should stay until the end of this season. He seems to handle the situation, the fans do, what more can we want!! hsvklatschhsvklatsch

As you said OfTheSpeed: Last week he spoiled the chance of remaining an idol like Keegan. But I'll support him until he leaves us - to help him as a part of our team.

We can play a damned good season this year. Let's start to concentrate on football again. And now I hope that vdV doesn't plan the next provocation today...:eek:

Just after the match he said that he didn't do anythink wrong and he still wants to leave. AND he doesn#t want to pay his penalty. (50 000 €) Think it is enough provocation, isn't it?

OfTheSpeed23
20.08.2007, 10:53
Yeah, that was annoying when...

Interviewer: "You've been told to stay... are you happy to stay here then?"

VDV: "Er...er...well it's still a dream of mine to play in Valencia and Spain...but if I have to stay here then it's no problem"

Lad's priorities and head is all over the place...although you wouldn't have known it from yesterday's performance.

Remember that crunching tackle on Bechmann last season? Wouldn't surprise me though if he got sent off against Bochum again on Friday, you know....although he could have easily done that yesterday.

bountymatze
20.08.2007, 19:27
Yeah, that was annoying when...

Interviewer: "You've been told to stay... are you happy to stay here then?"

VDV: "Er...er...well it's still a dream of mine to play in Valencia and Spain...but if I have to stay here then it's no problem"

Lad's priorities and head is all over the place...although you wouldn't have known it from yesterday's performance.

Remember that crunching tackle on Bechmann last season? Wouldn't surprise me though if he got sent off against Bochum again on Friday, you know....although he could have easily done that yesterday.
Well, if we have a look on the situation without emotions (as hard as it is...) we have 3 options:
1. We sell van der Vaart. That's what he wants. So, even if Valencia now should offer 22 Millions (as was said on ARD Videotext) that's not an option in my opinion. Because then he finally "wins" with all his provocations and shows the other players how to do in future...:rolleyes:
2. We hold him, but he remains sitting on the stand for the rest of the season. I know, there are many users whishing that, but I'm afraid we can't afford it. We are not Bayern, and vdV is not Hargreaves. As said as it is.
3. So we just have the third option. And that is: Hold him, and let him play. And stand the provocation as far as possible, or react on them with the help of the employment law. And: It's no question wether he wants to pay the fine or not! The club just pays less, and that's it! :p

And that's what I meant yesterday: We (or Didi) have to remain calm, and have to handle the situation. And I think Didi's doing a great job so far!

And as you said OfTheSpeed: Yesterday it would have been quite easy for him for example to shoot the penalty besides the goal ("Oh, shit happens! No, I didn't want that! Sorry"). Call me naive, but I do trust him, that he'll give 100% if he stays here. If he didn't he would show Valencia or other clubs that he's definitely not worth to play for them

And: It's the only chance we have: Letting him play, and hoping, he'll give 100% for us.

shadsworth cloud
20.08.2007, 21:00
just one question, what is "the fine"?
is it what he must pay back to the club for asking for a move? if that is 50 000 euro, its small change in the deal. OK so the price just went up from 22million euro to 22 million and fifty thousand?
or is it a fine for speaking to the newspapers without permssion?

and bountymatze, option 2 is not possible, like you say. as to option 1 or 3, we certainly don't know the details of what is being said behind closed doors, but it is a triumph that he played yesterday (well) and that the fans treated him with some respect.

my gut feeling (from this foreign country) is that he will leave, HSV will have a big amount of money, Didi will say that we did all we could to hold onto him, we will be angry for a week or 2 and then everything will be back to normal..

There was story in the newspapers about all the babies in Leeds who were called Eric when Eric Cantona was playing for Leeds United. It was a bit of a problem for the parents changing the names of their children when he was sold to Man United :D (actually that story tells you all you need to know about leeds united :D:D)

bountymatze
20.08.2007, 21:20
just one question, what is "the fine"?
is it what he must pay back to the club for asking for a move? if that is 50 000 euro, its small change in the deal. OK so the price just went up from 22million euro to 22 million and fifty thousand?
or is it a fine for speaking to the newspapers without permssion?

and bountymatze, option 2 is not possible, like you say. as to option 1 or 3, we certainly don't know the details of what is being said behind closed doors, but it is a triumph that he played yesterday (well) and that the fans treated him with some respect.

my gut feeling (from this foreign country) is that he will leave, HSV will have a big amount of money, Didi will say that we did all we could to hold onto him, we will be angry for a week or 2 and then everything will be back to normal..

There was story in the newspapers about all the babies in Leeds who were called Eric when Eric Cantona was playing for Leeds United. It was a bit of a problem for the parents changing the names of their children when he was sold to Man United :D (actually that story tells you all you need to know about leeds united :D:D)
The fine is the money he has to pay for showing himself with a Valencia shirt in his hands. The "Mopo" says 100.000, the BILD 50.000. We'll never know.

Since yesterday I think he stays at least until christmas. But we'll need a crystal ball to know it for sure...:p

OfTheSpeed23
20.08.2007, 21:37
I think the club will stay firm on this. I know we've heard the "he's not for sale" speech before by so many clubs about their top players in the past and I know our board has exactly proven themselves to be trustworthy in the past...but I've just got that feeling that "no means no" this time, rather than "no means we'll reject your first two offers and then give in when you really flash the cash".

Also, we've heard Hoffman, Did and Wolf say that (in differnt ways) over the week that it's past the point of no return now. Like, they couldn't go back on their word now even they wanted to.

Simliar to what Jim said above "is that he will leave, HSV will have a big amount of money, Didi will say that we did all we could to hold onto him, we will be angry for a week or 2 and then everything will be back to normal..." - I think that once September 1st rolls round and van der Vaart is still at HSV, all this will be forgotten in weeks...until the 1st January, that is :D

I've lost all respect for him but I'm still aware of how important he is to this club, short term anyway.

OfTheSpeed23
22.08.2007, 15:57
So it looks like he's staying and that, of course, is great for the team.

Still, I sure as hell won't forget these last few weeks. He's still a cunt to me.

OfTheSpeed23
05.01.2008, 00:50
just do your job for the next 9 months and then sod off.

After hearing that he'd decided not to sign an extention to his contract and that he still wants to leave the club, I stand by that comment.

I'm not impressed by the "two and a half years in Hamburg is long enough" comment. What a complete wanker.

...I stand by that comment too.

zulassungsfix
05.01.2008, 00:57
After hearing that he'd decided not to sign an extention to his contract and that he still wants to leave the club, I stand by that comment.

I'm not impressed by the "two and a half years in Hamburg is long enough" comment. What a complete wanker.

...I stand by that comment too.
What a wanker ;)

OfTheSpeed23
05.01.2008, 01:03
What a wanker ;)

Exactly.

zulassungsfix
05.01.2008, 01:06
Exactly.

Mr Schnurrbart can not sleeping

The Alm is burning

OfTheSpeed23
05.01.2008, 01:11
Mr Schnurrbart can not sleeping

The Alm is burning

http://www.hsv-forum.de/showpost.php?p=3301588&postcount=18000

;)

zulassungsfix
05.01.2008, 01:15
Good boy, Kurt :D Schon wieder auf drogen :D

I am living on the coast of Holstein ;)

shadsworth cloud
06.01.2008, 10:16
so, i think the title of this thread is now more or less decided. our playmaker will be on his way sooner or later.
its a bit rich for the club to want to start talks with him when nobody knows who will be the coach in 6 months time, but the relationship between VdV and the club is obviously strained and will sooner or later break altogether
according to todays kicker, there is interest from juventus and of course the valencia option is still there.

(but, you never know, maybe HSV will somehow survive in the future)

surprised that there is no suggestion of him coming to an EPL club, as they certainly have the cash. He is a player who could do well in england, he certainly has the speed of thought and technique to thrive here. (but please, not in a red shirt:()
by comparison for our german readers, Rosicky (ex-BVB) and Hleb (ex-Stuttgart) are currently the big stars for arsenal midfield. everyone says what a genius is wenger for finding such undiscovered players
i think VdV is at least the equivalent of Rosicky and Hleb. OK he hasn't proven it at the champions league level, but he has the ability
on the other hand, spain and italy have better winters than england. brrrrr :D

bountymatze
06.01.2008, 12:10
so, i think the title of this thread is now more or less decided. our playmaker will be on his way sooner or later.
its a bit rich for the club to want to start talks with him when nobody knows who will be the coach in 6 months time, but the relationship between VdV and the club is obviously strained and will sooner or later break altogether
according to todays kicker, there is interest from juventus and of course the valencia option is still there.

(but, you never know, maybe HSV will somehow survive in the future)

surprised that there is no suggestion of him coming to an EPL club, as they certainly have the cash. He is a player who could do well in england, he certainly has the speed of thought and technique to thrive here. (but please, not in a red shirt:()
by comparison for our german readers, Rosicky (ex-BVB) and Hleb (ex-Stuttgart) are currently the big stars for arsenal midfield. everyone says what a genius is wenger for finding such undiscovered players
i think VdV is at least the equivalent of Rosicky and Hleb. OK he hasn't proven it at the champions league level, but he has the ability
on the other hand, spain and italy have better winters than england. brrrrr :D
Well, it's not our job to puzzle our brains over the question, where van der Vaart should go...;)

But, as you're just talking about it, I wonder why he seriously considers going to italy. There are clubs (Lazio f.e.) who couldn't pay their players for months, you'll never know if the next game has to be cancelled because of some riots, and the winter (especially in Torino) is not as warm as you would expect it. I was in Puglia in January once...brrr!

England? Don't know if he's a player who whould manage to become accepted there. Take Ballack, f.e., having to struggle a lot at Chelsea. And van der Vaart for me seems to be very sensitive needing an peaceful environment to play well. Remember why he came to us? Because he had trouble at Ajax beeing accepted! And instead of struggling to be accepted again he chose to fly to us...

I really wonder if he would make his way in England where he would be a little fish in a big pond...:eek: Besides he's too often injured I think.

But, as I mentioned just at the beginning: That's not our problem anyway!!:p He helped us a lot when he came here 3 years ago. Now we'll earn a lot of money, buy a new player (who ever that will be), and go on playing!!hsvklatschhsvklatsch And that's what's bothering me...:)

shadsworth cloud
13.02.2008, 19:44
it seems rainer bonhof, a chelsea scout, was at leverkusen to watch "a certain player" who was of interest.
it could be VdV? or perhaps Kiessling? or Adler? or Mathijsen?
maybe trochowski?? :D
at least we know it wasn't jarolim, he was a sub who only came on right at the end

bountymatze
13.02.2008, 20:57
it seems rainer bonhof, a chelsea scout, was at leverkusen to watch "a certain player" who was of interest.
it could be VdV? or perhaps Kiessling? or Adler? or Mathijsen?
maybe trochowski?? :D
at least we know it wasn't jarolim, he was a sub who only came on right at the end
Don't worry. He was there to watch Sergej Barbarez...:p But - fortunately for us, unfortunately for him, he didn't score...:)

Thinking seriously about it I still can't imagine that van der Vaart would go to chelsea. As I mentioned before he hasn't the strength to play in england, I guess!

He'll play at Juventus next year, watched by an crowd of 10.200 fans against Milan...:D

bountymatze
05.08.2008, 20:40
Well, this thread is about one year old. And now we have the decision...he's leaving.

Well, last season (except the last game) he almost never found his form (can I say this in english? Well, you know what I mean...:D) of the first year when he really often "made the difference". So in the form of last year he is not the big loss...

And it might be better like this than having a van der Vaart for another year, who is focussing more on looking for other clubs than on winning the games...

So we'll have to wait if Didi will be able to find an alternative, and who that will be...Pavlyuchenko, Huntelaar? Let's start dreaming...until we wake up and Didi has signed Schlaudraff...:eek::p

@OfTheSpeed: Having read your comment in the german section and the reaction on that ("yes, and the germans are all nazis...") I know once again why it's worth writing in here, regardless how hard it is translating everything into english...Just for the "level of discussion", you know??:p

shadsworth cloud
10.08.2008, 19:43
hello again Bounty..
we will have to learn to live without VdV and if it helps some players in the team to take initiative themselves and we can vary the play a bit, then there is a plus side.
too much last season our play was

Plan A - give the ball to No23
Plan B - errrrrr, don't know
Plan C - refer to Plan A
:D:D:D

already i have got over him, was impressed by Pitroipa against Manchester City and maybe Trochowski can start to move up a level now, interesting to see how Aogo performs.

In any case we are better off without the constant distraction of Rafael and his transfer moves. You can put up with this if the player is Maradona, or Di Stefano, or someone of that level. But Rafael just wasn't good enough to put this club through so much aggravation