PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : England v Germany

OfTheSpeed23
20.08.2007, 21:49
German workmates, German neighbours (they're Bremen fans though, so they're not human) and the only Englishman German fan club...things could be very difficult for me in the latter part of this week :D

It's funny though, friends from the above have been asking me all week "So, who do you want to win?"

I'm fucking English, pal...that answer it for ya? :D

COME ON ENGLAND!

2-1 England :cool:

shadsworth cloud
21.08.2007, 09:54
Yes, thanks for starting this thread. It could be a very good week for you though..

The national team has had a bit of a shaky time since the world cup (come to think of it, they were quite shaky during the world cup!)
McClaren started off by being a bit more bold than Svennis, by dropping Beckham and Carragher, but he is gradually reverting to type.
Just because its against Germany, there's no excuse for lining up a Dads Army XI :rolleyes:
This week he has brought back Sol Campbell and David James. And ol' Goldenballs himself is back in favour too. Its not the way to build a team for 2010 world cup and beyond. And up front, Rooney is injured and Crouch (dear God :rolleyes::rolleyes:) is suspended. Michael Owen who has played about 20 minutes football since injuring in Koln during the world cup.

The sad thing is that there are some decent young players about and matches like these are the time to bring them in. Micah Richards at Man City is a teriffic young centre half, only 21 and he had Carlos Tevez in his back pocket all game in the Manchester Derby. But McClaren will play him at right-back (i guess garry neville must be injured....). And David Bentley of Blackburn Rovers is the natural successor to Beckham.

Come tomorrow night, I'll be givin it large for England, hoping that they can win. Apart from anything else, my car is parked outside with its HSV stickers in the windows. If germany wins the car may have no windows come Thursday morning. :eek::eek:

prediction England 3 Germany 2 (thank you very much)

Dr_Ben
21.08.2007, 09:55
yeah! you're damn right! :)

England 2 - 0 Germany

xy205
21.08.2007, 10:46

England 2 - 0 Germany

NO!..England 0 - 2 Germanyhsvklatschhsvklatsch

Chris1887
21.08.2007, 12:38
NO!..England 0 - 2 Germanyhsvklatschhsvklatsch

E 0 : 1 G :cool:

HSV-Fan-Hannes
21.08.2007, 14:24
England 2 (Beeeeeeeeeckhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam:cool:) Germany 4

hsvklatsch:p

OfTheSpeed23
21.08.2007, 15:59

England 2 - 0 Germany

Haha, great avatar :D

England 2 (Beeeeeeeeeckhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam :cool:) Germany 4

hsvklatsch :p

You don't live that far away from me (saw that in the "distance from volkspark" thread) - so if that is the scoreline happens, I'll come round to your house give you a slap :p :D

xy205
21.08.2007, 16:02
E 0 : 1 G :cool:
hsvklatschhsvklatsch

HSV-Fan-Hannes
21.08.2007, 16:17
You don't live that far away from me (saw that in the "distance from volkspark" thread) - so if that is the scoreline happens, I'll come round to your house give you a slap :p :D

Oooh, i've fear.:p:eek::D

Where do you live?

(Sorry, my english isn't perfect.)

OfTheSpeed23
21.08.2007, 16:26
I'm in Fallingbostel ;)

shadsworth cloud
22.08.2007, 22:50
German workmates, German neighbours (they're Bremen fans though, so they're not human) and the only Englishman German fan club...things could be very difficult for me in the latter part of this week

i hope your neighbours, workmates etc aren't too cruel on you.
i hate football :(

OfTheSpeed23
22.08.2007, 22:57
A shower of shit. Carrick, Beckham, Smith, ROBINSON! - All utter crap.

Micah Richards was a shining light tonight, but my God - we're never going to qualify for the Euros if we play like that :mad:

Chris1887
23.08.2007, 03:16
Victoryyyyy:)

Hamburger Jung 1887
23.08.2007, 03:43
Kaum einer Tippte 1:2 ;)
Das doch mal wieder besonders schön :)
Letzter A-Länderspiel Gegner im Alten Wembley Stadion: GERMANY 1:0 gewonnen ;)
Erster A-Länderspiel Gegner im Neuen Wembley Stadion: GERMANY 2:1 gewonnen ;)
Was will man da mehr :)
Gruss Hamburger Jung 1887
Ja ok :) das Stadion in Hamburg *sabber*
90.000 Plätze und das sind nur Sitzplätze *g
Da könnte man also noch 110.000 Plätze mit einen kleineren Umbau draus "Zaubern" ... davon dann 35.000 Stehplätze...!
Hach ja *träum"

shadsworth cloud
23.08.2007, 09:34
ok, i haven't forgotten 1966 ...........

but what a useless performance.

Carrick, he played some absolutely magical, super, brilliant, skilful passes of 5 yards straight to the german centre half! metzelder took more passes from him than he took from any german player. the rest of his passes went straight out of play.

beckham - well he was very dangerous from free kicks. sadly most of the danger was to the fans behind the goal, because Lehmann could just watch the ball sail over the bar/wide of the goal. becks can still play a good cross, but time is catching up on him and yesterday was the chance to bring in the next generation. wright phillips showed more in the last 25 minutes on the wrong side of the pitch than goldenballs did all game.

(ashley) cole. needs to be dropped (from the top of the floodlights).

Smith. well, one or two decent seasons for leeds united 5 years ago, and now he is still getting picked for england. why? well, he cost newcastle a lot of money so he must be good.

St Michael Owen. His injuries have robbed him of his pace. Now there is nothing left.

robinson. OK, anyone can make a mistake, and for a goalkeeper that is usually disastrous. but he makes them all the time. aside of the (kuranyi) goal, he was lucky not to gift the germans another 2, maybe 3, goals. david james did ok, without much of a test, but at 37 he is now too old (or he will be in the next world cup)

in fairness, the rest of the team did OK, but didn't exactly pull up any trees. joe cole, john terry, fat frank lampard were good in patches, which is about as much praise as i can say.
Micah richards had a good game, as did gareth barry and shaun wright phillips when they came on. but there was no spark from the top players. the "water carriers" did well enough, but we need more than a team of water carriers.

i think that next summer, our boys will be able to enjoy an extended summer break, while everybody else is in austria and switzerland.

And i would say to OTS and the other ex-pat English, at least you did not have to put up with the BBC coverage. Mark Lawrenson told us that Schneiders cross for the equaliser was a mis-hit, and a fully fit Michael Owen would have scored 4 goals, and England were so dominant for the first 20 minutes, and England are weakened by so-many injuries (like Germany aren't), and Steve McClaren is much more smarter dressed than Loewe, and oh-look-over-there in the crowd is Geoff Hurst (did I mention 1966:)?

shadsworth cloud
23.08.2007, 09:59
oh my god. I forgot Kieron "33 appearances and no goals yet" Dyer. :mad::mad:

Chris1887
23.08.2007, 11:20
Must be very sad for you to saw your boys loosing ? :D ;)

Dr. Spielchen
23.08.2007, 21:34
No good start for the "new temple", a draw and a loss so far. :p