PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Jarolim

shadsworth cloud
21.10.2007, 14:03
Watching yesterdays game, i was a bit embarrased for Jarolim. Why does he keep falling over like this every time he gets touched?

I know its all part of the game these days, and sometimes you have to help the referee come to the right decision, but he needs to cut out this way of rolling round like he has been shot and once the yellow (or yesterday a red) card is shown to the opponent, he is miraculously recovered.
OK, so he got the right result (for him) yesterday but the problem is that referees get to watch TV too, and they will have noticed that he is such a play-actor and they will remember this next time. And that may be in a cup final (yeah, right....) or at a more crucial point in a match than 3-0 up in the 45th minute.

A few years ago, Paul Scholes won a penalty playing for the red filth. He was shown on TV to have dived and guess what, for the rest of the season he was never awarded another penalty. In fact you could have fired a cruise missile at him and the most he would get was an indirect free kick :cool:

Come on, Jaro, you're a better player than that. Stick to playing football!!

Dr. Spielchen
21.10.2007, 14:20
... the problem is that referees get to watch TV too, and they will have noticed that he is such a play-actor and ...
YouŽre wrong.

OfTheSpeed23
27.10.2007, 18:52
He's not saying that Jarolim is a play-actor. He's saying that the referees might think that he's a play-actor.

Read carefully before you cast judgement. ;)

I happen to agree to a certain extent, he does go over alot but then he is a clever player where he'll draw the player into making a foul. Sometimes it looks an obvious foul whereas sometimes it looks a bit dubious on Jaro's part.

Dr. Spielchen
29.10.2007, 17:27
He's not saying that Jarolim is a play-actor.
Oh, he does. And i say heŽs wrong, because Jaro is not play-acting, he is protecting his bones.

shadsworth cloud
29.10.2007, 20:56
well, i admit play actor was the wrong words to use, because i don't think he goes down without any contact. :o
He certainly had some contact from Pardo of Stuttgart which was the incident that made me write the comment
and he probably figures that if he gets pushed, then he is entitled to help the referee make the right decision. there are plenty of people who were very good players in the past and now can barely walk because of how other players kicked them. Van Basten springs to mind.

But I don't think it does Jarolim any good the way he makes the most of these "fouls". I would not appreciate players from other teams doing this, and Jaro is not even the worst culprit, but he is the worst HSV player for doing it.

All i am saying is that if he is not careful, it may backfire and referees will need more convincing that a foul has taken place.

But, hey, we are all entitled to an opinion. hsvklatsch
and at least we are talking about HSV, the rangers fans are a bit quieter this week................

bountymatze
29.10.2007, 21:43
well, i admit play actor was the wrong words to use, because i don't think he goes down without any contact. :o
He certainly had some contact from Pardo of Stuttgart which was the incident that made me write the comment
and he probably figures that if he gets pushed, then he is entitled to help the referee make the right decision. there are plenty of people who were very good players in the past and now can barely walk because of how other players kicked them. Van Basten springs to mind.

But I don't think it does Jarolim any good the way he makes the most of these "fouls". I would not appreciate players from other teams doing this, and Jaro is not even the worst culprit, but he is the worst HSV player for doing it.

All i am saying is that if he is not careful, it may backfire and referees will need more convincing that a foul has taken place.

and at least we are talking about HSV, the rangers fans are a bit quieter this week................
Well, I used to think the same way some years ago. It seemed that Jaro often didn't know what to do, and then chose to provoke a foul to avoid losing the ball.

I changed my mind though. Because I realized that it's just hard to get the ball from him without playing foul, and that he doesn't need to make the other player to foul him.

And coming back to the situation in the Stuttgart game I can't even see where Jaro should have played act during or after the foul! He was attacked, lay on the ground, and was hit in the leg...So where's the play actor then?

But you're right: We are all entitled to an opinion. And...it may be a different view of german and english football fans leading to those different opinions....;)

RFCHSV
29.10.2007, 23:39
Saw this incident with Jarolim from last week and my initial thoughts were he went down very easily. After seeing a replay from a different angle it was clear, IMO, that he had been fouled and indeed Pardo kicked him another two or three times. Clear sending off. Plenty of players who play act and get away with it. Far more obvious also. :(

Dr. Spielchen
30.10.2007, 23:10

No problem. ;)
But iŽd like you to have a more closer look. Joe average would think jaroŽs falling too often, but someone with own experience and sharp eyes will see clearly how his motion and his motor activity is determined by avoiding injuries.
And good luck for us, most referees are skilled enough to recognize that.

HSV-ever
04.11.2007, 09:53
Jarolim is a good Player...

Matze-HH
08.11.2007, 17:02
Jarolim is a good Player...

he is!!!

shadsworth cloud
08.11.2007, 21:17
and so now it seems that Valencia are sniffing around Jaro. Having missed out on Van Der Vaart last summer, they are returning to Hamburg with a different shopping list.

So, is this the first part of another will-he? won't-he? dance with Valencia?
Won't they ever take NO for an answer?

OfTheSpeed23
08.11.2007, 21:42
Where did you hear that, Jim?

If it is the case then I'm fairly confident that Jarolim will stay here. But then again, every player has their 'dream'.... :rolleyes:

shadsworth cloud
09.11.2007, 17:40
it was inb that well known reliable source of info, the football guardian.
each day they have a round up of players "on the move". of course 90% (or more) of the stories turn out to be total bollocks, but they occasionally get it right

i criticise jarolim all the time, it seems i'm on my own there, but if he left i would change my mind straight away :D:D

by the way, one of your old favourites: i watched van buyten wet his pants against bolton wanderers last night, funniest thing i saw in years.
and i hate bolton and their breeze block stadium

shadsworth cloud
01.04.2008, 20:56
no Jaro's finest hour on Saturday? :eek:
is it right he will be suspended for 6 games? for a bit of bad ball control? :D:D

bountymatze
01.04.2008, 21:05
no Jaro's finest hour on Saturday? :eek:
is it right he will be suspended for 6 games? for a bit of bad ball control? :D:D
:eek: Where did you get this information? I haven't heard of any judgement yet...

Just the Sportschau reporter Steffen Simon, who is supposed not to be our biggest fan, told us "he could get 6 games...":mad:

We'll have to wait...

shadsworth cloud
02.04.2008, 07:58
Where did you get this information?

from that source of football gossip, hsv.de :(

That incident has been coming for a while though. His reputation is catching up with him.

i hope its not true that we lose him for 6 matches, Jaro isn't my favourite but we are looking a bit thin on the ground at the moment.
there are so many players in that lttle seated area where the injured/suspended players sit, they will need to build an extension to it

shadsworth cloud
02.04.2008, 19:23
turns out, a 4 match ban.
clearly the discipline in germany is much tougher than in england. which perhaps explains why we keep getting players sent off in world cups etc:(:(
obviously not this summer though:eek: