PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Setanta TV

shadsworth cloud
10.11.2007, 09:10
This year the presentation of the Bundesliga on Setanta UK is much better, with a live game each Friday and normally a full game (not live) shown on Saturday evening and another delayed transmission on Sunday evening.
Then we have a highlights show with all the goals on one evening during the week.
Last year we would (sometimes) get a live game on friday, but that would often disappear if a crappy golf tournament was taking place somewhere.
And i think the commentary is better than we are used to with english games where everything is about man united or chelsea or alex ferguson. even a game between fulham and west ham :confused: mark mcghee (ex-HSV) often gives his views and he speaks some good sense, for an ex-wolves manager that is...
Also the camera work is good (i am sure this is done by premiere or arena). the view of the game is miles better than the view of dutch, french or portuguese games. the camera work at italian football is really useless, which is a shame as there are some good games and teams there.

So hats off to setanta. but not quite 3 cheers, maybe only 1 and a half cheers.

for one thing, there is just far too much of a certain team from southern germany. you know the one i mean: lets just say uli hoeness and ottmar hitzfeld are on my telly far too many times. when i see them together i think of a full moon rising over mount rushmore :D
so today we will be treated to "that-certain-team" playing against flop-of-the-season stuttgart, when a much better game is at schalke. when i said that setanta show the 3 games per week, 1 of those 3 is always the one with them playing.

and also, do they have a hang-up with HSV? they are currently running trailers called Brilliant Bundesliga :rolleyes: to promote their coverage, which features great goals scored by: dortmund, schalke, hannover, stuttgart, bremen, nuremberg, cottbus (!), and hertha as well as uli and ottos circus :D. so guess which team is missed from the clips?

like i say, their coverage is pretty good, better than last years and infinitely better than what sky used to do. but still room for improvement.

Swansea
10.11.2007, 11:45
First of all i have to admit that i refuse to get Pay-TV (Premiere) as they dictate kick-off times and days of fixtures are st not to be known about 3 or 4 weeks ahead of the matchday which makes travel planning very difficult. That has nothing to do with the quality of their coverage which i think is at a very high level. Bayern Munich problem is the same here, especially when it comes to Cup games shown on Free TV. There is always one game live on TV, and - tatata - in 75 % of the cases it'll be the Bayern game, no matter who or where they are playing. Maybe it's just because they have a big support all over Germany and that everybody else just watches it to see them lose (sensation hunters;)) .
I know that bwin were showing the games but was told that you now need money on your account to see the match (in a pretty small window though).

RFCHSV
10.11.2007, 14:00
Need to deposit 7 in your bwin accont to watch live feed of Bundesliga games. You don't actually have to spend though. :D

rangers1873
10.11.2007, 17:01
I have setanta and would never think of actually paying for it. I got a deal with my cable company that gives me it for free woo hoo

shadsworth cloud
11.11.2007, 16:49
bwin is ok if you like to watch football through a postage stamp sized window :cool:
and swansea, i applaud your integrity to not subscribe to Pay-TV - its true that the TV companies will happily move games to all times and days. This week, Setanta tried to arrange Manchester united v everton for 20.00hr kick off on christmas eve :eek: to their credit the clubs kicked that idea into touch.
but for us out-of-towners setanta gives a good coverage of the bundesliga. i pay 10pounds a month and i think they give pretty good value for that. but the main consideration should be for the paying fan at the match. i would be happy for more HSV matches on friday evening (although our little run out at bochum was not a great success :() because this way i can see the game and not through a tiny window on my computer. but i guess friday evening games are not too good for paying fans...

what coverage is there in germany of premier league games? i guess there must be more because most german fans i meet know more about the english football than most english fans know about german football <insert old joke about penalty shootouts here>

and rangers1875, what happens when your deal with the cable company ends? will you subscribe to setanta then? or watch on bwin?

Swansea
11.11.2007, 18:02
bwin is ok if you like to watch football through a postage stamp sized window :cool:
and swansea, i applaud your integrity to not subscribe to Pay-TV - its true that the TV companies will happily move games to all times and days. This week, Setanta tried to arrange Manchester united v everton for 20.00hr kick off on christmas eve :eek: to their credit the clubs kicked that idea into touch.
but for us out-of-towners setanta gives a good coverage of the bundesliga. i pay 10pounds a month and i think they give pretty good value for that. but the main consideration should be for the paying fan at the match. i would be happy for more HSV matches on friday evening (although our little run out at bochum was not a great success :() because this way i can see the game and not through a tiny window on my computer. but i guess friday evening games are not too good for paying fans...

what coverage is there in germany of premier league games? i guess there must be more because most german fans i meet know more about the english football than most english fans know about german football <insert old joke about penalty shootouts here>

and rangers1875, what happens when your deal with the cable company ends? will you subscribe to setanta then? or watch on bwin?

I dont blame anybody for getting Pay TV especially you from abroad, not a problem at all. :)I think i would do the same over here and im actually very happy with my pub showing satanta.
EPL is only shown on Premiere. DSF (free TV station with lots of phone in games, sometimes shortly interrupted by sports) are showing the FA cup (or was it the league cup?).There is also a weekly show about international football but that does not include England.

rangers1873
11.11.2007, 19:43
I will end it as i will not pay them to watch tv

RFCHSV
12.11.2007, 18:39
Just watching on Satan TV Ireland. My God, some lovely weather in Berlin. :eek:

How many rounds until winter shutdown?

shadsworth cloud
12.11.2007, 20:50
Satan TV
:D:D:D

Stoni
13.11.2007, 09:47
There is also a weekly show about international football but that does not include England.

You missed the newest developments ;) . DSF is showing the EPL again. Every monday they'll show the "highlights".
http://www.dsf.de/de/programm/pr-programm/prpr-fussball/prprfu-premierleaguehighlights/premier-league-highlights.html

Swansea
13.11.2007, 12:20
You missed the newest developments ;) . DSF is showing the EPL again. Every monday they'll show the "highlights".
http://www.dsf.de/de/programm/pr-programm/prpr-fussball/prprfu-premierleaguehighlights/premier-league-highlights.html

Yes, right. One more reason to boykott Premiere.

rangers1873
13.11.2007, 17:20
:D:D:D

Called that by most Rangers fans :D