PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : D-Day

OfTheSpeed23
16.11.2007, 15:38
So, England need Israel to either hold Russia to a draw or beat them and then beat the Croats on Weds to qualify. If the Russians win, England are practically out - as Russia will be a point ahead and Andorra at home in their final game, one that they should win.

Then there's the Scots, whose qualification for the Euros will be concrete if they defeat the World Champions, Italy.

I'd love to think that both Brits will get through. But seeing as our fate is in another countries hands and my pessimistic side running rampant...I've got a bad feeling that there'll be no Three Lions at EURO 2008.

As for the Scots. I don't think they'll lose, but I think they'll draw...which I think is still good enough for them to qualify. Looking forward to a great atmosphere at Hampden though.

I don't usually go for this kinda shiit, but tomorrow...I'm an Israeli :D

Anyway, your thoughts?

(Any anti-English comments after my backing of Scotland will be met by a simple automated "piss you, ya bawbag" response :D)

Chris1887
16.11.2007, 17:11
I hate these Engl*** pissers. Especially the engl. italian immigrant from Israel, named Matt :D :p

But... good luck :mad::D

Swansea
16.11.2007, 18:12
Focus is on Scotland tomorrow. Really hope they can do it, but not too sure, Italy usually dont struggle on those occasions. Also see a draw in there.
And England? A good tournament needs at least on british team to qualify, even if its just for the atmosphere inside and outside the grounds. But at the moment i just dont see them doing it...Some day i would like to see Norn Iron get back onto the stage again like back in the 80s...
Noneed to say that the main thing is a tournament without the Turks...

shadsworth cloud
16.11.2007, 18:46
i am afraid that wayne rooney, michael owen and steven gerrard should make plans for a good long summer holiday.
everybody over here is busy hoping and praying that israel (who aren't even a european team) will beat russia (who are only partly european). and just to be on the safe side we are already making our excuses "oh, roman abramovich bribed the ref/the israelis weren't trying/the ball was over the line :D"
but i think that even if israel can do us all a favour and get a draw, england will not be able to beat croatia on wednesday.
sadly the team is not good enough. that isn't maclarens fault - nobody could coach this group of overinflated egos into playing as a team. they underestimated teams like macedonia and croatia early on and now are left to clutch at a hope that israel (and herbert fandel) will do us right.

scotland can get through with a draw, but only if france lose to ukraine or (please god) italy lose to faroe islands. i hope that scotland can do it, because all i write about england the opposite is true about scotland. they can play as a team.
the only problem would be all those jocks boasting and full of themselves. i will have to spend next summer in a cave somewhere. (some would say that would be an improvement compared to blackburn:cool:)

RFCHSV
16.11.2007, 20:19
Think England have to accept that they have not been good enough to qualify. Having said that they should have had Russia beaten and out of sight in the last game but failed to take their chances and were eventually beaten. To have to rely on Israel to beat Russia is poor, and in my mind I cannot see it happening.

Scotland, I think, with living here, it feels like the last time when they had the two leg tie against Holland and were quite easily beaten 6-0 in the 2nd leg (after winning the first 1-0). Whole country seems to believe they just need to turn up and win. I hope they can get through but this Italian team seems to be far too strong for Scotland.

If both scenarios transpire then we will have no home nation at a major tournament since 1994 (RoI are not a home nation :D :D ) and that is pretty sad.

RFCHSV
17.11.2007, 17:04
Italy 1-0 up after 50 seconds.

RFCHSV
17.11.2007, 18:29
Latest

1-1 Scotland v Italy

Amazingly Israel 1-0 against the Russkies :eek:

RFCHSV
17.11.2007, 20:03
Italy win 2-1 and Scotland cannot qualify. Terrible decision by referee to give free kick to Italy which led to their winner.

Israel beat Russia 2-1 and gives England the chance they wanted. Are they good enough to take it though?

OfTheSpeed23
17.11.2007, 21:36
We've got a get out of free jail card and I'm very confident that we can overcome the Croats, especially with Peter "11 goals in 13 England games" Crouch.

Scotland can be proud though and can hold their heads held high. You have to wonder if they can build on this and make the same (if not better) charge towards the World Cup.

joe for hamburg
18.11.2007, 07:58
Scotland can be proud though and can hold their heads held high. You have to wonder if they can build on this and make the same (if not better) charge towards the World Cup.[/QUOTE]

They can. That was a brave performance. But just explain to me how the ref could reward the freekick that lead to the 2nd goal. That was one of the worst decisions ever!!!

shadsworth cloud
18.11.2007, 08:31
what a day!
watching scotland lose was just so cruel! all you can say is sometimes you do everything right and you still lose, and scotland had just such a day (apart from the first 75 seconds). yes the referee made some strange decisions, but as Donadoni said "sometimes the players make mistakes, sometimes the coach makes mistakes, sometimes the journalists make mistakes (he must watch setanta:D) and sometimes the referee makes mistakes"
its the sort of comment you can make after you've won 2-1 with a dicky goal in the 91st minute.
its all a bit glib to say that scotland can be proud, but there are plenty of tings for them to reflect well on, over the tournament and in the match yesterday and i think the fans know that. the atmosphere at hampden was tremendous, especially when you remember the berti vogts days.
oh and to see italy celebrate at the end took me back 16 months to that night in berlin. with players dropping their shorts and getting their hair chopped after that win. Disrespecting Jules Rimet! how dare they!:mad:

as for england, well they had a good day without getting out of bed. again russia should have won, but they missed their chances and then gifted a goal in the 90th minute to israel (just what were the defenders doing?)
england need only a point on wednesday at home to croatia. crucially croatia are already through, which might give england the edge they need to get the result. i wouldn't expect great things from Crouch, nice guy and tries hard but he won't get the better of good defenders.

Swansea
18.11.2007, 17:28
Well done Norn Iron beating Denmark 2:1. Now only need a win in Spain and Sweden losing to Latvia. Easy easy easy:cool:

The co-commentator really seems to enjoy the game :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nAbzUjqw-Zw

bountymatze
20.11.2007, 20:15
Does anybody know if there's a tv station showing the England game against croatia in germany tomorrow? I must confess that I'm not too much interested in our "friendly" against wales ...:p

My tv guide says, that the ARD plans to show "highlights" of the game faroer islands against italy tomorrow. I hope they'll change their plan as italy should have made it yet...as sad as it is...:(

shadsworth cloud
21.11.2007, 19:03
if you can understand the technical stuff, all these stations will be showing the match

http://liveonsat.com/

bbc.co.uk will show "highlights" after midnight online. unless england lose in which case they will just show some cricket or tennis or dominoes :D:D

Chris1887
21.11.2007, 19:24
:D

Mohrhuhnpopper
21.11.2007, 20:19
Ivica Olic!!! hsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
21.11.2007, 22:26
Well that was a sack of shit. Never have I ever seen such a poor performance. I don't give a shit if Rooney, Owen, Rio and Terry were out, that's no damn excuse. We should have players in the squad that can take over and do the job - and tonight, they proved how fucking useless they all are.

When it really came down to it, none of them showed their balls, showed their determination to win the game. Israel gave us a "get out of jail free" card and we let it slip through our hands. Pathetic.

We didn't deserve to go through. Tonight's peice of crap was a great example of our overall performance throughout this whole qualifying campaign - poor, pathetic, disgrace.

Two plus signs that we've gone out. 1) Gives the players a deserved kick up the fucking ass to sort them out and 2) I can watch a major tournament as a neutral and not worry about England. I'm sick of being disappointed every two years, at least tonight got my disappointment out the way early.

As for McClaren. He fucked up with the 4-5-1, simple as. He can try and bullshit his way by saying (before the game) that it was a 4-3-3 - but SWP and Joe Cole were not close enough to Crouch when he knocked the long ball down.

We did get back into the game, but what then? We backed up and let the Croats piss on us. They can be proud though, coming here with no reason to win and still playing well. Course I'm happy for Olic, he did well tonight and its no surprise how hard he worked his ass off tonight :)

I'm not heartbroken, just pissed off because we were so poor.

shadsworth cloud
21.11.2007, 22:49
unless england lose in which case they will just show some cricket or tennis or dominoes
enjoy the dominoes..

england were hopeless, since they re-opened wembley we have lost to spain, germany (:() and now croatia.
the pitch was a disgrace, with american football markings and standing water, maclaren holding a brolly and fans wearing those polythene capes. i thought it was supposed to have a roof! which is why it cost us 700 million pounds!
the team were dreadful, but i must admit that i had my fears with the defence before the game. the times described them as 2 new-bugs, 1 has-been and 1 never-will-be with a rookie keeper, and this was right. they didn't give me much confidence.
we had to hope that croatia would only turn up for a sightseeing or shopping trip. unfortunately for us they turned up to play football.

felt a bit sorry for the keeper carson, his mistake was the kind of thing that can happen to anyone. but it was still a right rick. he made some decent saves (from olic) in the 2nd half but you always felt that no matter what, croatia could get another goal anytime they wanted.

it just sums up england and some of their players - all well and good at beating estonia or austria but as soon as they come up against a team who can pass the ball to each other, we are screwed.

OTS, don't think it will give anyone a kick up the bum, they will blame the referee, or the ball or the weather or bad luck. just like we always do.

and flipping andorra let us down! we needed them to beat russia!

OfTheSpeed23
21.11.2007, 22:56
Well the players should stand up and take some fucking responsibility, show their balls.

Whilst the whole team weren't great tonight - I felt that Lampard and Bridge were more frustrating and annoying to watch than anybody else in the team, tbh.

HSV-Commander
22.11.2007, 07:06
Good Bye England!!!:D

Olic = Chef!!!

Mohrhuhnpopper
22.11.2007, 08:30
Good Bye England!!!:D

Olic = Chef!!!

No! Englands goalkeeper is the real chef! :D

HSV-Commander
22.11.2007, 09:08

TiTan:D

Mohrhuhnpopper
22.11.2007, 12:56
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_sport/de.gif

RFCHSV
22.11.2007, 13:26
Well the players should stand up and take some fucking responsibility, show their balls.

Whilst the whole team weren't great tonight - I felt that Lampard and Bridge were more frustrating and annoying to watch than anybody else in the team, tbh.

Not to mention the cheat that is Gerrard. Diving all over making a complete fool of himself. Embarrassing.

HSV-Commander
22.11.2007, 15:26
http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_sport/de.gif

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40119000/jpg/_40119415_moller_270.jpg

EM 1996 :D

OfTheSpeed23
22.11.2007, 16:17
It's cool, have your fun and laughs now - even those in the Fussball Treff forum. Cos when Germany lose to Holland and Turkey or whoever, I'll be first in line to take the piss out of all of you bastards :p

shadsworth cloud
22.11.2007, 17:56
actually one of the highlights last night was when gerrard went sprawling and immediately looked to the referee for the free kick. the ref ignored him to say "get up you mard-arse" and stevie g threw a right tantrum. :D:D
its not so easy when you don't wear the red shirt of liverpool stevie!

i know everybody is happy to see england lose (except you and me OTS) but theres really no need to post pictures of andi muller. there may be children visiting this site!

all across europe, in spain in germany in italy in france, there are people who say they should follow the english model of football especially when the english teams do well in champions league. (this means higher prices, more pay tv, richer clubs)
those who say this should spend some time to watch a DVD of last nights game. this is what happens when you give all the power to the clubs :(

and i will never forgive andorra! :cool:

OfTheSpeed23
22.11.2007, 17:58
I think it was hilarious about Motson and Lawrenson were hoping for a last minute Andorra equaliser when they've lost their last 29 games :D :D

shadsworth cloud
22.11.2007, 18:15
from thedailymash.co.uk

SCOTLAND DIES LAUGHING

Most would have been dead within minutes
TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.

Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees.

"It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm.

"He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.

Chris1887
22.11.2007, 19:59

:D

RFCHSV
23.11.2007, 00:13
from thedailymash.co.uk

SCOTLAND DIES LAUGHING

Most would have been dead within minutes
TRIBUTES are being paid to Scotland this morning after the entire country laughed itself to death.

The alarm was first raised at around 10pm last night as thousands of phone calls and text messages went unanswered.

Small groups of volunteers from Berwick-Upon-Tweed and Carlisle ventured north just after midnight only to find houses full of dead people gathered around still blaring television sets.

By dawn, as RAF helicopters flew over deserted city streets, it was clear that the whole country had suffered a catastrophic abdominal rupture.

Wayne Hayes, a special constable from Northumberland, said: "We went into one house in Dunbar and found three men sitting on the sofa with huge smiles on their faces, still holding cans of 70 shilling. They seemed to be at peace."

He added: "In a house near Edinburgh we found a man face down on the living room floor with his trousers and pants round his knees.

"It seems he may have been showing his bare buttocks to the television when he keeled over."

Roy Hobbs, a civil engineer from Northampton, said: "I got a call from my friend Ian in Stirling at about 9.50pm.

"He was already laughing when I answered the phone, but after about 25 minutes of the most vigorous and uncontrollable hilarity, everything suddenly went very quiet."

Moving tributes are already being placed along the Scotland-England border with many mourners opting to leave a simple bag of chips or a deep fried bunch of flowers.

Absolutely brilliant. :D :D :D :D :D

ASS
23.11.2007, 23:09
It's cool, have your fun and laughs now - even those in the Fussball Treff forum. Cos when Germany lose to Holland and Turkey or whoever, I'll be first in line to take the piss out of all of you bastards :p

Cool down my friend don't piss on friends, it's for sure a deep cut for you not to go to EURO 08, I am sorry about that, you discribed your opinion very good and frankly spoken without England the EURO is not really complete, but I can hardly remember a team of the major teams in Europe which was kicked out so easily. But that leads to the opinion, that England is not longer that what it seemed to be... :rolleyes:

Time to reconstruct the whole system, maybe you should call Mr. Kliensmann ???

Dr. Spielchen
24.11.2007, 08:33
Football´s leaving home... *sing*

scnr. :D

shadsworth cloud
24.11.2007, 08:38
guten tag herr (frau?) ass
don't worry about it, you never know, football may somehow survive having a euro08 without england. we will be pissed off for a week or two and then move on.
after all, we sing about "30 years of hurt", well now its 41 years of hurt and still counting. not to mention "so many jokes, so many sneers" :rolleyes:

but sometimes the only good thing to being a football fan is when your rivals screw up like this. so now is a good time for germans/scots/irish to have a laugh at england.
we can take the jokes - people posting pictures of andi moller or franz beckenbauer suggesting that we need klinsmann. we know that you don't really mean it.
all that OTS is saying is that sometime (soon we hope:D) the boot will be on the other foot and we will enjoy that all the more.....

Lets Bomb Andorra!!;)

RFCHSV
24.11.2007, 10:24
guten tag herr (frau?) ass
don't worry about it, you never know, football may somehow survive having a euro08 without england. we will be pissed off for a week or two and then move on.
after all, we sing about "30 years of hurt", well now its 41 years of hurt and still counting. not to mention "so many jokes, so many sneers" :rolleyes:

but sometimes the only good thing to being a football fan is when your rivals screw up like this. so now is a good time for germans/scots/irish to have a laugh at england.
we can take the jokes - people posting pictures of andi moller or franz beckenbauer suggesting that we need klinsmann. we know that you don't really mean it.
all that OTS is saying is that sometime (soon we hope:D) the boot will be on the other foot and we will enjoy that all the more.....

Lets Bomb Andorra!!;)

can you really say that it will be sometime soon? I don't have that optimism. :(

bountymatze
24.11.2007, 10:40
So, England need Israel to either hold Russia to a draw or beat them and then beat the Croats on Weds to qualify. If the Russians win, England are practically out - as Russia will be a point ahead and Andorra at home in their final game, one that they should win.

Then there's the Scots, whose qualification for the Euros will be concrete if they defeat the World Champions, Italy.

I'd love to think that both Brits will get through. But seeing as our fate is in another countries hands and my pessimistic side running rampant...I've got a bad feeling that there'll be no Three Lions at EURO 2008.

As for the Scots. I don't think they'll lose, but I think they'll draw...which I think is still good enough for them to qualify. Looking forward to a great atmosphere at Hampden though.

I don't usually go for this kinda shiit, but tomorrow...I'm an Israeli :D

Anyway, your thoughts?

(Any anti-English comments after my backing of Scotland will be met by a simple automated "piss you, ya bawbag" response :D)
That's what I like at this english forum: I always learn new words here, that can be useful at dinner parties and small talk! I just start the discussion saying "Hi bawbag, what's up?" and see what happens! :cool:

On topic: Although I'm german I'm not too happy about england staying at home! Why? Because now you are going to get a new coach like Mourinho, Lippi, etc, and for us remain names like Lothar Matthäus, Neururer and Effenberg:eek: Both not able to coach your team as they don't talk english. Besides Guus Hiddink remaines in Russland now and is not coming to lead us to win the champions league next year...:rolleyes:

So: If in July 2008 Lothar Matthäus starts coaching our team...it's England who's to blame!:p Just one single point more for you, and we would have got Mourinho...:)

Crix
25.11.2007, 16:23
And again Croatia. But it´s good for english supporters: they save a lot of money :D

shadsworth cloud
26.11.2007, 19:10
well, we often wonder how to get more people posting on ths forum. now we know.
all that is needed is england to screw up.

only 11 months until the world cup qualifiers.
and a chance for revenge (on andorra, i mean, not croatia :D:D)

voetbalista
28.11.2007, 10:41
I think that one of the problems is that the English players seem to lack DRIVE. When watching some of their matches it seemed they all were waiting for a win without doing anything.

Of course it is sad that they did not join the competition (atmosphere, the fans, etc....) but that might also give them the chance to get a different spirit.

shadsworth cloud
21.01.2008, 19:22
http://www.spiegel.de:80/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,530003,00.html

its a cruel, cruel summer :( :( :( :( :(

RFCHSV
22.01.2008, 16:04
That is funny. :D :D :D

Chris1887
23.01.2008, 14:57
:D yeah it is! But I feel a bit sry for you... ;)