PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Farewell Huub!

shadsworth cloud
19.11.2007, 17:56
it seems the Reg Varney lookalike is off to Eindhoven.
Sad to see him go, history will show him as one of the best coaches we have had, but sadly too short a time
hsvklatschhsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
19.11.2007, 19:34
It's a damn shame, but I totally understand why he's done it. Family comes first, especially in his situation and nothing else. I didn't expect him to stay after this season when he said that he wanted to move back to Holland to be near his sick wife, a few months back.

I don't suppose it's been easy with him, seeing how much fun he's had here. But yeah, a damn shame. He is the reason why we're not in the 2nd Division right now, so I will be eternally grateful to him. Thank you so very very much, Huub :) All the best with PSV and best wishes to your wife :)

As for his successor, there's only one person that I want..."The Special One" :cool: :D

Anyway, what's important now is that we've still got 6 months with Huub and I'm sure he'd want to leave on a high. So (and I don't think that I need to say this) we need to get behind him and support him whilst we still can :)

bountymatze
28.11.2007, 20:13
It's a damn shame, but I totally understand why he's done it. Family comes first, especially in his situation and nothing else. I didn't expect him to stay after this season when he said that he wanted to move back to Holland to be near his sick wife, a few months back.

I don't suppose it's been easy with him, seeing how much fun he's had here. But yeah, a damn shame. He is the reason why we're not in the 2nd Division right now, so I will be eternally grateful to him. Thank you so very very much, Huub :) All the best with PSV and best wishes to your wife :)

As for his successor, there's only one person that I want..."The Special One" :cool: :D

Anyway, what's important now is that we've still got 6 months with Huub and I'm sure he'd want to leave on a high. So (and I don't think that I need to say this) we need to get behind him and support him whilst we still can :)
Well, after a week of discussing the success or failure of some national teams for the EURO now it's time to get back to the one and only topic: NUR DER HSV! :)

And we had a week to think about the shock of Huub wanting us to leave! And - after that week I made my peace with it. We saw vs Rostock, that the team goes on playing as concentrated as before, and I'm quite sure Huub will give them a rough ride if they tried to reduce their power now. I do have the feeling that we could stand on our Rathausmarkt this year, celebrating what ever: UEFA Cup, DFB Cup or Championship...:cool:

If we do so we keep Huub in mind as the coach leading us from 18th position to winning the "???"! Or at least as the coach leading us in the Champions league.

That would be the memory he deserves. I don't want to imagine what might happen, if we start the next season losing the first three games. And I don't want to imagine somebody yelling "Huub raus" then...:eek: I even do remember some guys yelling "Happel raus" during a season we ended without reaching a position to play UEFA Cup...:eek::eek: (What was a shame in that times, 3 years after Athens...;))

So, the decision, as sad as it is, has good parts, too! Besides we now know what's going to happen, and Didi has plenty of time to find a new coach. So, that decision, as sad as it is, has some good parts, too.

And whatching the last months and years I trust Didi to use this time to get us a new coach who'll continue the excelent job Huub did here for the last 10 months...

And I guess it might be a name nobody ever thinked of...:p

shadsworth cloud
30.11.2007, 15:54
i start each season with a great optimism, that is normally gone by the end of august. but this year, well its december tomorrow and the good feeling is still there.
if we can have as good a ruckrunde as last season i think we might need to invest in some silver polish this year at long last.

i think last nights win has assured us of a place in the uefa cup knock out rounds and i am now thinking about a trip to far-away europe to see HSV in a european final, except the final is about 50km from my front door!

But for now lets try not to think about what might be, we have a job to do to prove ourselves No1 in the North tomorrow against the FischKopfe. Its a tough game certainly, and it will be a challenge to keep Diego and Sanogo (ha ha) under wraps. But i think we can take a result from there, and the way bayern are faltering now - but there i go again, planning a title party....

The Bremners have been quite good recently but we don't get over-awed by reputations and they will find us a tougher nut than real madrid. if we can hold them out for an hour (like cottbus did) without giving away a soppy penalty (like cottbus did) we can snatch a scrappy win - a header by mathjisen or reinhardt or a scrambled goal by demel or an own goal from baumann, it doesn't matter which - and then we will be No1 in the North and at worst no2 in the league.

and still in the pokal and uefa cup

That will do me nicely with 15 games gone :cool:

bountymatze
30.11.2007, 22:57
i start each season with a great optimism, that is normally gone by the end of august. but this year, well its december tomorrow and the good feeling is still there.
if we can have as good a ruckrunde as last season i think we might need to invest in some silver polish this year at long last.

i think last nights win has assured us of a place in the uefa cup knock out rounds and i am now thinking about a trip to far-away europe to see HSV in a european final, except the final is about 50km from my front door!

But for now lets try not to think about what might be, we have a job to do to prove ourselves No1 in the North tomorrow against the FischKopfe. Its a tough game certainly, and it will be a challenge to keep Diego and Sanogo (ha ha) under wraps. But i think we can take a result from there, and the way bayern are faltering now - but there i go again, planning a title party....

The Bremners have been quite good recently but we don't get over-awed by reputations and they will find us a tougher nut than real madrid. if we can hold them out for an hour (like cottbus did) without giving away a soppy penalty (like cottbus did) we can snatch a scrappy win - a header by mathjisen or reinhardt or a scrambled goal by demel or an own goal from baumann, it doesn't matter which - and then we will be No1 in the North and at worst no2 in the league.

and still in the pokal and uefa cup

That will do me nicely with 15 games gone :cool:
We're leaving the thread topic a little bit...:p but it's Stevens (and there we are in the track again) who'll do ANYTHING to stop exactly that euphoria in Hamburg now...he won't succeed. As he said some weeks ago beeing asked after the 3:0 win, if it would be more quiet now for him to work in Hamburg: "It's never quiet in Hamburg!":D And he's right...

But I think it's allright: We, the fans, have waited for 21 years to win a title. Who would deserve more to dream than we. As long as the team goes on working concnetrated...without dreaming...

So maybe we'll see us in Manchester next year...I'll be there, and I won't be alone I guess...:cool:

bountymatze
10.12.2007, 06:28
Well, after a week of discussing the success or failure of some national teams for the EURO now it's time to get back to the one and only topic: NUR DER HSV! :)

And we had a week to think about the shock of Huub wanting us to leave! And - after that week I made my peace with it. We saw vs Rostock, that the team goes on playing as concentrated as before, and I'm quite sure Huub will give them a rough ride if they tried to reduce their power now. I do have the feeling that we could stand on our Rathausmarkt this year, celebrating what ever: UEFA Cup, DFB Cup or Championship...:cool:

If we do so we keep Huub in mind as the coach leading us from 18th position to winning the "???"! Or at least as the coach leading us in the Champions league.

That would be the memory he deserves. I don't want to imagine what might happen, if we start the next season losing the first three games. And I don't want to imagine somebody yelling "Huub raus" then...:eek: I even do remember some guys yelling "Happel raus" during a season we ended without reaching a position to play UEFA Cup...:eek::eek: (What was a shame in that times, 3 years after Athens...;))

So, the decision, as sad as it is, has good parts, too! Besides we now know what's going to happen, and Didi has plenty of time to find a new coach. So, that decision, as sad as it is, has some good parts, too.

And whatching the last months and years I trust Didi to use this time to get us a new coach who'll continue the excelent job Huub did here for the last 10 months...

And I guess it might be a name nobody ever thinked of...:p
Yes, I know, you should'nt quote yourself...:p But: You should have a look in the german section of this forum to understand what I meant.

We played just 2 games (!!!) not as successful as we were used to, and some users start to critizize him for playing too defensive, for his talks on the press conference etc. One user ("Der Liga Dino" in the "Wer wird neuer Trainer?" thread) even said "I don't know if Huub is the right guy to go in the second half with":eek::eek:

It's uncredible: We played one of the best year (if not the best year) of the last 20 years, and some users go mad after 2 games...:mad: three days after we qualified for the next stage of the UEFA cup (what f.e. Bayern hasn't reached yet!:p)

As hard as it is to write in here, having the internet dictionary to look for words like "Rückrunde" (not found) etc., but that is the reason why I rather write in here...:p

shadsworth cloud
10.12.2007, 19:36
ok, Ruckrunde...
Yes, what sort of word is this? it can only exist in germany where everything is so organised and bureaucratic and bar-coded
in england we could not have such a system where the 2nd half of the season exactly mirrors the first half.
why? the tv companies and the police will move fixtures up to suit their own needs, the tv companies like to arrange "big" matches to suit themselves - so next weekend 1 week before christmas when everybody is concerned with saving money and stupid things like shopping, we have a weekend where manchester united play liverpool and arsenal plays chelsea. and chelsea plays man utd on 26th april which they will hope to be a title decider. (sometimes it goes wrong like last season and the title is already won by then)
and the police will stop some big games at the "wrong" time of year. they don't allow ANY football in seaside towns at bank holidays because it can attract too many "hooligans" so when chester city (average away support 300) has to rearrange a match in torquay set for easter weekend :mad:

but that is off topic again.
how do people question Huub after 2 "bad" results? have they forgotten where we were this time last year? when we would have felt 1 point at home to cottbus was good progress and a foundation to build on?
some people need to get real. its a disappointment to only draw, but you get games like this. didn't bayern only draw at home to duisburg? and our friends from bremen follow up their win against us by losing in hannover?
this season has been brilliant for HSV and its fans. sure there will be disappointing results but sometimes football is like that. otherwise why would anybody support cottbus? or why would you support HSV after last seasons hinrunde?
because as bad as it seems, things can always get worse. or better :p

and anyone who is calling Huub wants to just go down to kaiserslautern or braunschweig and then be happy for what a good job he is doing at hamburg.

bountymatze
10.12.2007, 21:08
ok, Ruckrunde...
Yes, what sort of word is this? it can only exist in germany where everything is so organised and bureaucratic and bar-codedin england we could not have such a system where the 2nd half of the season exactly mirrors the first half.
why? the tv companies and the police will move fixtures up to suit their own needs, the tv companies like to arrange "big" matches to suit themselves - so next weekend 1 week before christmas when everybody is concerned with saving money and stupid things like shopping, we have a weekend where manchester united play liverpool and arsenal plays chelsea. and chelsea plays man utd on 26th april which they will hope to be a title decider. (sometimes it goes wrong like last season and the title is already won by then)
and the police will stop some big games at the "wrong" time of year. they don't allow ANY football in seaside towns at bank holidays because it can attract too many "hooligans" so when chester city (average away support 300) has to rearrange a match in torquay set for easter weekend :mad:

but that is off topic again.
how do people question Huub after 2 "bad" results? have they forgotten where we were this time last year? when we would have felt 1 point at home to cottbus was good progress and a foundation to build on?
some people need to get real. its a disappointment to only draw, but you get games like this. didn't bayern only draw at home to duisburg? and our friends from bremen follow up their win against us by losing in hannover?
this season has been brilliant for HSV and its fans. sure there will be disappointing results but sometimes football is like that. otherwise why would anybody support cottbus? or why would you support HSV after last seasons hinrunde?
because as bad as it seems, things can always get worse. or better :p

and anyone who is calling Huub wants to just go down to kaiserslautern or braunschweig and then be happy for what a good job he is doing at hamburg.
:D Yeah, you could be right! That's Germany at its best: Two halfs of the season, the second half mirrors exactly the first, and the break is at christmas. :p So daddy can celebrate christmas at home with his loving wife and his children instead of going to the game...;)

And there's another thing people from other countries say about us: We germans are NEVER happy. And - they might be right. As I said in my former post: We could be very happy with the development our team made since last christmas! Last christmas I woke up during a nightmare: We were playing the last game vs Aachen, HAD to win to stay up, the result was 0:0, and only 5 minutes to go. And another ball ahead, and Sanogo again...the ball almost hit the corner flag! Well, I woke up, and we hadn't made a goal yet...:eek::D Yes, today we laugh about it, last year it was as dramatic as it sounds.

And today? Today our biggest concern is, that Bayer Leverkusen might win in Bremen, and might stand 2 points ahead of us on the 3rd position. So what: Even if that happens, we'll have 17 games to catch up those 2 points. And we stay in the UEFA cup AND the DFB Cup until the "Rückrunde" starts...something we didn't reach for 26 years...hsvklatschhsvklatsch

So we had worse times here, hadn't we? :p

OfTheSpeed23
10.12.2007, 21:15
how do people question Huub after 2 "bad" results? have they forgotten where we were this time last year?

hsvklatsch.

Lots of people were whinging about the result on Saturday...but a quick reminder to our position and form on the 15. Spieltag 2006/2007 soon shut them up.

Interesting to note that we've never ever beaten Cottbus, home or away. They've all been draws....perhaps I should have thought about that when I sent my predictions in :D

But anyway. As Huub said in an interview right after the game, our competition isn't Bayern & Werder - it's the teams behind us, that's who we've got to worry about. We slip up again and it's the likes of Leverkusen and Hannover that will take advantage than the teams ahead of us. Whilst it is nice to be in the top 3, lets Bremen & Bayern do whatever they want and we worry about holding on to 3rd place.

shadsworth cloud
11.12.2007, 21:27
interesting to note that we've never ever beaten Cottbus, home or away.

HSV v Energie Cottbus was the first (competitive ) match i ever saw of HSV, in november 2002.
HSV totally dominated on a cold and foggy sunday night and were winning 1-0 but let in a stupid equaliser in the 90th minute
The more things change, the more they stay the same!

one difference: the crowd that night was 36000 so somehow they have found 20000 extra fans.

So you see, Cottbus will always be a special place for me (not many people can say that!) :D:D

bountymatze
15.12.2007, 19:29
hsvklatsch.

Lots of people were whinging about the result on Saturday...but a quick reminder to our position and form on the 15. Spieltag 2006/2007 soon shut them up.

Interesting to note that we've never ever beaten Cottbus, home or away. They've all been draws....perhaps I should have thought about that when I sent my predictions in :D

But anyway. As Huub said in an interview right after the game, our competition isn't Bayern & Werder - it's the teams behind us, that's who we've got to worry about. We slip up again and it's the likes of Leverkusen and Hannover that will take advantage than the teams ahead of us. Whilst it is nice to be in the top 3, lets Bremen & Bayern do whatever they want and we worry about holding on to 3rd place.
Well, winterbreak! Finally! The last three games you could see our boys are on their last legs now...what is no surprise after all that games starting in Chisinau in July! Before the game I hoped for a victory (as always), but I definitely wasn't certain. It's hard to win there in Karlsruhe, I think. Karlsruhe away has always been a togh game for us (4 wins, 10 draws and 9 losses), so I'm quite happy with the point now.

And some of us could need the contemplative days of christmas as well...thinking at those users who want to change the coach in the winter break...:rolleyes:

Now, we'll have 5 weeks time to calm down again. And to recharge the batteries again. And then, in February, it'll start: The Operation UEFA Cup! Or DFB Cup...hsvklatsch What a difference to last year, where we started the operation "Klassenerhalt"...:eek:

Merry christmas everybody!

shadsworth cloud
16.12.2007, 15:07
its been a long hinrunde, 28 games in total (and still 1 to play)
but we must be happy with where we are, still in the DFB-Pokal, into the UEFA Cup Round of 32, and 3rd place in the BL
Yesterday showed a great fighting spirit. OK, so they switched off for a minute and were behind but from then on they plugged away and fought their way to an equaliser. You never had the feeling that the players (or the coaching team) thought to let the game go. And at least on this occasion they got some reward. hsvklatschhsvklatsch

this is the fighting spirit which can bring us some success.

we still have 1 game to play, and a draw or victory will give us top place in the group. Thats worth having because the team which finishes second will play a champions league drop-out (like Rangers) and we don't want that....;)
So lets not think of the hinrunde with dropped points v wolfsburg, bochum, frankfurt and cottbus. Remember the wins in dortmund and hannover, and how we took the reigning champions apart in hamburg.
Its (nearly) time for a break, re-charge the batteries, and get ready for an equally tough ruckrunde.
yes, and us fans (me included :cool:) to use the time to get our heads straight
and with a slice of fortune and a lot of hard work we can bid farewell to Huub with a pot on the mantlepiece. (there i go again :o)

RFCHSV
17.12.2007, 22:30
Much as it would be nice to play Hamburger SV, I would prefer it to be a friendly match and not some game that means something like a UEFA cup tie.