PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : UEFA Cup?

shadsworth cloud
21.12.2007, 17:13
So, FC Zurich it is.
i had a big hope for bolton wanderers, which is about 15 km from my front door, but it was not to be.

what do people think of Zurich?
they are below Basle in the swiss league, and lost 5-0 at home to leverkusen the other night,

so we should win it easily? :eek:

bountymatze
21.12.2007, 17:59
So, FC Zurich it is.
i had a big hope for bolton wanderers, which is about 15 km from my front door, but it was not to be.

what do people think of Zurich?
they are below Basle in the swiss league, and lost 5-0 at home to leverkusen the other night,

so we should win it easily? :eek:
Well, it could have gone worth. Zenit St Petersburg, f.e, as we don't like the teams from the east...:eek: I think, we should have the chance to reach the eight final (is it called like this in english?? Well, I think you understand what I mean...)

And let's hope Bayer Leverkusen will go through as well...I think Galatasaray will be harder to play then Leverkusen...:eek:

But if we want to win the cup we'll have to beat every team, won't we??:p

And just one final word to yesterday evening: 90th minute, 1:1, and the UEFA official has just shown the extra time: 4 minutes. So we'll have to survive 4 minutes to finish the group stage as first! Our team is playing, as it should: Holding the ball, playing defensive, doing anything to avoid Basle getting the ball.

And what do our glory hunter fans do? They're booing, because they want the team to attack and to win!:eek::rolleyes:

Well, I do understand, that the euphoria brought us some fans who usually don't visit the Volkspark. But do I expect too much if I expect, that those fans take at least some time to read the BILD that day, where they easiliy could have read that we needed just one point!! What we had...

Oh how I love the Bundesliga games where most of the fans have season tickets and have at least some knowledge of football...:rolleyes:

ASS
21.12.2007, 19:18
Zurich is not a real challenge, even if they are not bad home. We will solve this successfully, I am pretty sure. But the second match is heavy, Leverkusen is as worse as the turks. But If we want to go for the Pott, we must beat them all, so: Tally ho, go go go...

OfTheSpeed23
21.12.2007, 22:29
But knowing HSV, we'll lose or scrape a draw in Zuerich after Leverkusen humped them last night - but I'm sure we'll get the job done at home in the second leg.

Raudi
16.02.2008, 20:57
you was not right :)

does somebody know, where we can sleep in manchester at the uefa-cup-final?
the last game in the uk at arsenal we slep on the airport and it was a horrible night...
so if we get the final, we need a hotel or something

if there are mistakes at my english, im sorry. please correct them :D

thanks

RFCHSV
17.02.2008, 06:55
Shadsworth is 15km from Bolton so not far from Manchester either. Maybe he can offer.:D:D

Could it be HSV v. Rangers? :eek:

shadsworth cloud
17.02.2008, 09:50
ha ha,
yes we are about 50km from manchester, in blackburn. perhaps i will have the "house Full" sign up :D

there are loads of places to stay in manchester. try looking at http://www.visitmanchester.com/index.aspx for an official guide and full lists.
the Ibis hotels are central and not too expensive http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation/liste_hotels.shtml

really (like always) it depends on how much you are happy to pay

is it a bit too early to be making plans? we are not yet into the last 16.
but if you are making plans, flight from bremen to manchester the day before the match and return on the thursday, currently 80euros return ;)

Swansea
17.02.2008, 12:25
Shadsworth is 15km from Bolton so not far from Manchester either. Maybe he can offer.:D:D

As much as would like to play Rangers with HSV some day, the UEFA-Cup final is not my first choice for such a game tbh :cool:

@ shadsworth: How many people did you invite to your house for the uefa cup final when you were over for the Hanover game? Seemed to me like it was hundreds :D

Chris1887
17.02.2008, 13:57

I would like to see rangers in the next round against Bremen. It would be a Party. Rangers 3:1 Bremen, Bremen 2: 3 Rangers :D and everything would be perfect. But HSV vs. Rangers in the Final would be horrible.

RFCHSV
17.02.2008, 18:09
As much as would like to play Rangers with HSV some day, the UEFA-Cup final is not my first choice for such a game tbh :cool:

I know mate but end of the day if it happens then we just support our first love then be happy with the result no matter. Don't want to see it happening but it could. :cool:

shadsworth cloud
17.02.2008, 19:02
How many people did you invite to your house for the uefa cup final when you were over for the Hanover game? Seemed to me like it was hundreds

hell, yes!
but that was after we had scraped a draw against hannover96 so i thought i was safe :cool::cool:
now, after thursdays match, i am getting a bit worried... :eek::eek::eek:

on tuesday i am going to a meeting at City of Manchester Stadium to talk about what we can do for the final. just hoping we don't have zenit st petersburg v spartak moskau :( or bolton v everton :confused:

also BTW, tickets for the final are on sale now. you enter a ballot tickets cost 95, 75 or 55 pounds each (plus the mysterious "booking fee" of 15pounds for people in europe). hmmmm, i'm not that keen

RFCHSV
18.02.2008, 13:50
also BTW, tickets for the final are on sale now. you enter a ballot tickets cost 95, 75 or 55 pounds each (plus the mysterious "booking fee" of 15pounds for people in europe). hmmmm, i'm not that keen

That is unbelievable prices. 15 to send a ticket to mainland Europe? :eek::eek:

Swansea
18.02.2008, 13:54
That is unbelievable prices. 15 to send a ticket to mainland Europe? :eek::eek:

Have it sent to you then :D

RFCHSV
18.02.2008, 17:26
Have it sent to you then :D

Of course, but I have just realised I am flying to Bremen on the 14th May when we come over for the final game weekend. Deary me. :eek:

Swansea
19.02.2008, 00:11
Of course, but I have just realised I am flying to Bremen on the 14th May when we come over for the final game weekend. Deary me. :eek:

Well, just pick us up at the airport on the 15th then:D

RFCHSV
19.02.2008, 22:55
If can't be in Manchester for the game where better to be than the Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg, drinking some cool Edel. :D hsvklatsch

Lasse1887
21.02.2008, 16:42
If can't be in Manchester for the game where better to be than the Free and Hanseatic city of Hamburg, drinking some cool Edel. :D hsvklatsch

Great idea mate

bountymatze
07.03.2008, 22:01
Well, as often when I take a look in the english forum the rangers topic is first. So it's time to bring back this thread to life...:p

So, we lost our first international game yesterday. And it was exactly the same goal as a few weeks ago. Normally you shouldn't make the same mistake twice in 4 weeks, but anyway...shit happens.

But I'm still confident that we can reach the quarter final on wednesday. We'll have to keep our goal shut, though, because it might be hard to score three goals against Adler...but we'll see!

Anyway, if we make it or not: We're playing a great season this year. A season I never dreamed of a year ago, when we where finally safe after the 33rd game...:eek: We should never forget this!

These words to those moaning in the german section these days...after losing just one game of two and not the whole battle...:rolleyes:

RFCHSV
08.03.2008, 00:30
At least you don't get the same moaning in here. :D

Pretty confident we can make it on Wednesday. Looking forward to the game but hoping there isn't as much wind at the airport as last week.:eek:

shadsworth cloud
08.03.2008, 08:44
yeah, that wind looked a bit scary :eek:
there was a video of a plane landing at hamburg on one website, if i find time i will post a link. makes me think next time i will take the bus...

1-0 can be the worst result in european games, because of the away-goals rule, but our defence has been strong all season so we hope they can keep out gekas and barbarez and kiessling and barnetta (pleased that Butt is no longer at B04 :p)
last year when blackburn lost 3-2 at leverkusen, most rovers supporters thought that 2 away goals made the situation easy for rovers. 90 minutes and no goals later, it was rovers who were out and both the leverkusen fans were happy. :(

i was a bit disappointed that we didn't show more attacking on thursday because we can score goals when we play forward and get support to Guerrero/Zidan
But we can all score a century from the pavilion to use a cricket phrase, and like you say, the tie is not over yet

and of course, the season is running well. certainly a lot better than 2006/7. and i haven't given up hope yet of a party at the Rathausmarkt in May hsvklatschhsvklatsch

OfTheSpeed23
08.03.2008, 09:16
These words to those moaning in the german section these days...after losing just one game of two and not the whole battle...:rolleyes:

Yeah, alot of guys were whinging as we left the stadium. It's only 1-0, for christs sake - anybody would have thought we'd lost 4-0 and there's no hope for the 2nd leg.

Well there is. Leverkusen are more strong at home, than away. Yeah 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline cos of the away goal but like Jim said, our defence has been relatively strong and I'm sure the atmosphere will spur the lads on. hsvklatsch

shadsworth cloud
08.03.2008, 09:39
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddb_1204404185

a video of a plane landing at hamburg on one website, if i find time i will post a link. makes me think next time i will take the bus..

RFCHSV
08.03.2008, 10:19
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddb_1204404185

Crazy. http://forum.digital-digest.com/images/smilies/gif/omg.gif

http://forum.digital-digest.com/images/smilies/greatjob5fx.pngby the pilot though.

bountymatze
08.03.2008, 11:08
yeah, that wind looked a bit scary :eek:
there was a video of a plane landing at hamburg on one website, if i find time i will post a link. makes me think next time i will take the bus...
1-0 can be the worst result in european games, because of the away-goals rule, but our defence has been strong all season so we hope they can keep out gekas and barbarez and kiessling and barnetta (pleased that Butt is no longer at B04 :p)
last year when blackburn lost 3-2 at leverkusen, most rovers supporters thought that 2 away goals made the situation easy for rovers. 90 minutes and no goals later, it was rovers who were out and both the leverkusen fans were happy. :(

i was a bit disappointed that we didn't show more attacking on thursday because we can score goals when we play forward and get support to Guerrero/Zidan
But we can all score a century from the pavilion to use a cricket phrase, and like you say, the tie is not over yet

and of course, the season is running well. certainly a lot better than 2006/7. and i haven't given up hope yet of a party at the Rathausmarkt in May hsvklatschhsvklatsch
Yeah, this plane "incident" has been a big topic this week in our print media. Especially the BILD, as you can imagine...:rolleyes: And it still is...

But, think about it: As you live on an island...going by bus (ferry) with waves of 7 meters in the north sea is no fun either...:eek:

OfTheSpeed23
08.03.2008, 23:19
But, think about it: As you live on an island...going by bus (ferry) with waves of 7 meters in the north sea is no fun either...:eek:

Thanks matze, I'll remember that the next time I travel back to the UK by ferry.... :( :D

shadsworth cloud
09.03.2008, 09:09
you could go "through the pipe"

OfTheSpeed23
10.03.2008, 13:04
I guess I could, yes. Thank you James :D

shadsworth cloud
12.03.2008, 19:41
:(:( hands up all those who had booked flights/hotels/"pipe" trips etc for manchester in may? :(:(

well, now we can concentrate on the league, but i can take a whole lot of pride in how the team fought and fought and never gave up, even after going behind twice. that was a gallant show, and it's cruel that we are out now.
especially when the stage was set for a big night out in manchester...

please post here: any reasons to be cheerful :confused:

bountymatze
12.03.2008, 20:52
:(:( hands up all those who had booked flights/hotels/"pipe" trips etc for manchester in may? :(:(

well, now we can concentrate on the league, but i can take a whole lot of pride in how the team fought and fought and never gave up, even after going behind twice. that was a gallant show, and it's cruel that we are out now.
especially when the stage was set for a big night out in manchester...

please post here: any reasons to be cheerful :confused:
I think we can be very proud of all the europoean season we played this year. Starting in Chisinau and ending 2 hours ago it was a great UI/UEFA Cup season...and I can't stop noticing that I NEVER EVER had expected an evening like today just a year ago. I feared playing on Monday evening then, and fighting for coming back in the Bundesliga again.

Today...it was just bad luck: Starting with those chances after 10 minutes, then the redundant goal, the equalizer after the break, again a needless goal, the equalizer again, and then the fight until the end. Reminded me a bit at the last UEFA Cup season, when we lost at Bukarest 2:0, and beat them 4:2 here...always just a goal missing...:confused:

So we're not going to Manchester this year. But I think Bayer won't go there neither...:p We'll see! Let them, Bayern and Werder lose some power in the next games...and we win the championship in the end...:p

OfTheSpeed23
12.03.2008, 22:18
I am proud of the side for getting this far from the Intertoto Cup and I'm thankful that we're even in the UEFA Cup given where we were this time last season.

Can't say I ever expected us to get to the final, nor did I expect us to come out tonight all guns blazing either, cos that's not how we're set up to play (annoyingly enough). I did expect us to play with some fight and battle though...pity it didn't happen until the 54th minute. I felt there was more bite and fight in the team when we went out against Rapid a couple of years ago, tbh.

But hey, we've only got the league campaign left now and therefore no effing excuse for us to blow qualification for the Champions League. I will not be effing happy if we finish 4th or lower, not be bloody happy at all.

I hope we're more attacking (as far as league games go) against Dortmund, cos I'll be effing damned if TWO HSV old boys have their way with us twice in the same week.

y10
13.03.2008, 11:20
Regarding the horror of the last season we have to be proud of our team. Regarding what might have been possible there are enough reasons to feel bitter and sad. Looking at the surviving teams it becomes clear that the way to the final was near and not the hardest one.

What we could see yesterday was fight, spirit and the will to win this battle. And that makes me feel positive about the future. Our team is a team. They are running and fighting for each other. Even after the 1-2 there was no resignation.

shadsworth cloud
13.03.2008, 19:45
as long as we gave it our best shot, then we can't complain.
we can always look back and say we should have done this or we should have donw that, we should have defended a corner better, or made that perfect pass. and every team thinks the same when they are out. that is normal in a game of football.

no, if the team (including coaches etc) have made every effort, then we can just say we missed that bit of luck. i think HSV and Leverkusen are 2 well matched teams at the moment. and over the 2 games Leverkusen had that extra slice of good luck, or goal instinct, or football quality to progress.

Lets not beat ourselves up over going out. Like OTS says, we were only ever really outsiders to reach the final and i would rather we reach a final somewhere nice - not smelly and wet like manchester :) - so maybe next year, eh? The UEFA cup is a lot of games, especially at this time of the season. If Bremen/Leverkusen get to the final, they will play another 5 games over the next 2 months. and against tough teams with lots of travel. To combine that with the business end of a BL season will be tough, so lets hope we can take advantage

and at least we didn't lose on penalties :rolleyes:

RFCHSV
18.03.2008, 13:23
Bremen will have to wait also. Hahahaha

Thought HSV didn't really turn up until the second half and reminded me of the game in Bochum because of that. Did really well against a decent enough team and with a bit more luck could have gone through. Concentrate on the Championship now, it is not impossible. I know a team who were 5 points behind with 2 games to go and still won the league. :D

Yes, and German TV need to get their act together, that is no time to be playing football on a Wednesday night. :mad: