PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Forum changes?

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2008, 12:18
http://www.hsv-forum.de/showthread.php?t=69315

In the HSV-Treff forum, there's a big stink up about that thread. From what I can gather in that thread, from the 1st June (although 31st March has been seen as well), real names of people will be seen in their profile? Something about non-HSV members have to pay to come on here? Anyway, majority of people are worrying and panicing and are threatening to leave the forum altogether and leave this place as a ghost town.

I'm not totally sure what's going on, so hopefully matze or Swansea or someone else can help us Brits out.

So what exactly is the change and is the response in these threads warranted?

Cheers.

Chris1887
14.03.2008, 12:40
I think there will be as you said the real names instead of nicknames and you have to be a member of sc or you have to pay for this forum. People think about leaving this Forum and opening a new HSV forum. I Hope there will be no change or really a new HSV Forum with a great english board aswell! :)

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2008, 12:44
Thanks Chris.

Real names instead of nicknames?! That does sound a bit shit. I thought that you could keep your nickname and just have your real name in your profile.

Why is this happening anyway? Do you know? Does it say in the article?

Chris1887
14.03.2008, 12:53
Thanks Chris.

Real names instead of nicknames?! That does sound a bit shit. I thought that you could keep your nickname and just have your real name in your profile.

Why is this happening anyway? Do you know? Does it say in the article?

Hmm you have to write you real name in your profile by now don't you?
Nono Real name instead. So everyoe can search your adress and fuck you up if he thinks you are shite. Thats why the most people want to leave i think. No article by now but it will come i think. Thanks Mr. Schäuble :D

daRIG
14.03.2008, 13:03
Nono Real name instead. So everyoe can search your adress and fuck you up if he thinks you are shite. Thats why the most people want to leave i think. No article by now but it will come i think. Thanks Mr. Schäuble :D

i thought it was due to the sc? :D

Chris1887
14.03.2008, 13:15

;)

shadsworth cloud
14.03.2008, 15:39
don't like the sound of that at all.
(it's no secret what my name is or even where i live - a clue is in my nickname;))
but part of the charm is that people can come on here and stay anonymous, and you don't need to worry about mad HSV fans (or Rangers fans :)) coming after you.

what business is it of anyone what peoples real names are? as far as i am concerned the people on here really are called OTS23 and bountymatze and swansea and RFCHSV and rangers1873 etc etc and perhaps these are the names on their bus-passes. i don't know and you know what? i don't bloody care.

its taken long enough to build this forum up into what it is today, small but perfectly formed and the last thing we need is to lose any people

I vote NO!

Chris1887
14.03.2008, 16:51
I think that I've got enough mails from a lottery or a nice company who wants to donate me a big Ferrari. :D
How bad will it become if they can take your adress and real name out of a HSV Forum. Or the younger guys under us who want to compete for a job and his company finds some interesting detailes about the last weekend in munich...

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2008, 19:55
I dunno about this, tbh. You know how people are on here with panicking and over-reacting, look at last season and the stuff surrounding VDV in thes summer. That "will you stay or go" thread in the HSV Treff seems just one big over-reaction to me. We've only seen an small article in HSV Live about this and nothing from anybody from the Supporters Club themselves (unless I've missed something), and yet people are jumping on this and saying this and saying that.

I think I'll just sit and wait for the time being, to see what happens. I'll probably see Andreas Birnmeyer at the Treffpunkt tomorrow as always, probably have a chat to him about this, see what he says.

bountymatze
14.03.2008, 21:50
Well, the article the whole discussion is based on is half a page of the actual HSV live.

It's said there, that by march 31st only user may write, whose identity is safely verified. You'll have to be member of the sc, or you'll have to use "Post ident", which is quite common in germany to prove identities: They send you some documents by mail. You take those documents to your local post office, show you're ID and the post office verifies your identity.

Until may 31st you can show everybody your real name in your profile. By june 1st this will be likely mandatory! :eek:

That's all the article says. I think the verification of every single user makes sense to avoid people having more than one account or making a new account after beeing banned on the first...

The showing of the whole name in my opinion is definitely not acceptable. There are too many crazy people going round out there who might call you in the middle of the night, because he has a different opinion of the new coach than you have. Or think of a lawyer who might send you a letter saying "yesterday in the HSV forum you accused my client xyz by calling him a smart ass. I expect you to pay 10.000 EUR or we'll see you at court...":eek: Or your boss is reading what you think about van der Vaart going to Valencia. And we all know that we don't always use "business language" in a forum like this...;)

But, as OfTheSpeed already said: Let's wait and see. There will be a discussion about this topic on the next information meeting on april 12th, 13th (the day we play against Duisburg). And I think they sc administration will see there, that they'll ruin this forum if they go on with these plans...

And that's for sure: I'll miss you definitely!;)

bountymatze
14.03.2008, 22:52
I dunno about this, tbh. You know how people are on here with panicking and over-reacting, look at last season and the stuff surrounding VDV in thes summer. That "will you stay or go" thread in the HSV Treff seems just one big over-reaction to me. We've only seen an small article in HSV Live about this and nothing from anybody from the Supporters Club themselves (unless I've missed something), and yet people are jumping on this and saying this and saying that.

I think I'll just sit and wait for the time being, to see what happens. I'll probably see Andreas Birnmeyer at the Treffpunkt tomorrow as always, probably have a chat to him about this, see what he says.
Well, in the german section XENON just posted, that the forum changes actually are only plans. The article should start a discussion, and nothing is already definitive!

So at the moment it seems that all the panic could be a giant storm in a tea pot, and that we do well if we just wait and see what will really happen the next months...;)

y6
14.03.2008, 23:00
In my opinion no change will happen.
They won´t dare it, too many user will leave the forum.

Look at the discussion, how many posts are written.
The thread "exploded" faster than the "Neuer Trainer wird..."-Thread ;)

OfTheSpeed23
14.03.2008, 23:26
Well, the article the whole discussion is based on is half a page of the actual HSV live.

It's said there, that by march 31st only user may write, whose identity is safely verified. You'll have to be member of the sc, or you'll have to use "Post ident", which is quite common in germany to prove identities: They send you some documents by mail. You take those documents to your local post office, show you're ID and the post office verifies your identity.

Until may 31st you can show everybody your real name in your profile. By june 1st this will be likely mandatory! :eek:

That's all the article says. I think the verification of every single user makes sense to avoid people having more than one account or making a new account after beeing banned on the first...

The showing of the whole name in my opinion is definitely not acceptable. There are too many crazy people going round out there who might call you in the middle of the night, because he has a different opinion of the new coach than you have. Or think of a lawyer who might send you a letter saying "yesterday in the HSV forum you accused my client xyz by calling him a smart ass. I expect you to pay 10.000 EUR or we'll see you at court...":eek: Or your boss is reading what you think about van der Vaart going to Valencia. And we all know that we don't always use "business language" in a forum like this...;)

But, as OfTheSpeed already said: Let's wait and see. There will be a discussion about this topic on the next information meeting on april 12th, 13th (the day we play against Duisburg). And I think they sc administration will see there, that they'll ruin this forum if they go on with these plans...

And that's for sure: I'll miss you definitely!;)

...although there's always our half-time analysis in the Nordtribuene :D :D

I thought they already had the verification of each user on here? Name, ort, telephone number, etc, etc. I know the admin have got all that personal information handy to them anyway.

For example, Dirk Bobsin (aka gubby) telephoned me at home a few days after the Dinamo Zagreb game asking if he could use some of my pictures for his collection, as he wasn't at the game. I asked him how he got my telephone number and he said that it's all "on file" in my profile that only the forum admin can see and he assured me that "not just anybody" can view them. So that's my name and telephone number that the admin here have at their fingertips and I'm happy with that, as the admin aren't just any old member of the forum, they are trusted members of the Supporters Club themselves.

But yeah, that does make sense for each member to be safely verified anyway. I just don't understand why the SC want the names and details of people in this forum to be made public, as it were. I've never heard anything like it on an internet forum. Something must have provoked them to even plan this.

Well, in the german section XENON just posted, that the forum changes actually are only plans. The article should start a discussion, and nothing is already definitive!

So at the moment it seems that all the panic could be a giant storm in a tea pot, and that we do well if we just wait and see what will really happen the next months...;)

"giant storm in a tea-cup"

For a German, your grasp of the English language is superb, my friend. :D

But anyway, best just to sit back and see what happens...and enjoy the kino in the discussion thread :D

bountymatze
15.03.2008, 12:49
:cool:

But anyway, best just to sit back and see what happens...and enjoy the kino in the discussion thread :D
Like I always do if something's going on there like "who will be our new coach"...:p Have you read the story of the user going on the motorway to holland, who was overtaken by a Saab with a "HH" car sign, so: Rutten is just on his way...:D

bountymatze
15.03.2008, 12:52

I thought they already had the verification of each user on here? Name, ort, telephone number, etc, etc. I know the admin have got all that personal information handy to them anyway.

For example, Dirk Bobsin (aka gubby) telephoned me at home a few days after the Dinamo Zagreb game asking if he could use some of my pictures for his collection, as he wasn't at the game. I asked him how he got my telephone number and he said that it's all "on file" in my profile that only the forum admin can see and he assured me that "not just anybody" can view them. So that's my name and telephone number that the admin here have at their fingertips and I'm happy with that, as the admin aren't just any old member of the forum, they are trusted members of the Supporters Club themselves.

But yeah, that does make sense for each member to be safely verified anyway. I just don't understand why the SC want the names and details of people in this forum to be made public, as it were. I've never heard anything like it on an internet forum. Something must have provoked them to even plan this.

"giant storm in a tea-cup"

And another question: Can you explain to me, how you can quote some parts of a pin to answer each of them individually. I couldn't find out how to do it...:confused:

Thank you!;)

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2008, 12:44
And another question: Can you explain to me, how you can quote some parts of a pin to answer each of them individually. I couldn't find out how to do it...:confused:

At the bottom right of each post, click http://www.hsv-forum.de/images/hsv/buttons/multiquote_off.gif and it'll turn green. Then when you click reply, the pins of whoever you clicked on will appear ;)

bountymatze
16.03.2008, 19:23
At the bottom right of each post, click http://www.hsv-forum.de/images/hsv/buttons/multiquote_off.gif and it'll turn green. Then when you click reply, the pins of whoever you clicked on will appear ;)
Thank you, I'll try it...:)

Yes, you're right. And you don't have to tell me your real name there...:p

I think, until now they don't know, if the dates, we fill in there, are right. So people could make up new accounts just be using new dates, and nobody could prove it. That's the reason they made the "post ident" thing now. What makes sense, in my opinion...

www.phrasen.com I love it!:cool: There's another phrase we use in german, what comes to my mind watching the kindergarten on the other side: Es wird nichts so heiß gegessen, wie es gekocht wird. (Nothing is eaten as hot, as it is cooked). Don't know the translation for this phrase, but it's exactly what I always think, if the panicmakers get crazy about every single thing happening around our team...;)

shadsworth cloud
16.03.2008, 20:25
www.phrasen.com I love it!
Erst mach’ dein’ Sach dann trink’ und lach!

thats a cool site. as for eating what isn't as hot as cooked, i'll remember that one. i can't think of an english translation but i guess i know what it means

shadsworth cloud
30.05.2008, 16:14
i think from this weekend onwards, its "members only" on here.
if thats the case, its goodbye from me.....

hope to C U again someplace soon :(:(:(

bountymatze
30.05.2008, 23:28
i think from this weekend onwards, its "members only" on here.if thats the case, its goodbye from me.....

hope to C U again someplace soon :(:(:(
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you ARE already a member of the HSV sc!?? :confused: So you could go on writing even "the day after tomorrow..."

We'll see if anything changes here in this section...but, well, with 4-5 users writing here more or less regularly it can hardly get worse...:(