PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Favourite UK Club

paschi1972
15.03.2008, 11:58
Hello altogether,

first I have to admit that Iīm not so often in the HSV forum due to the fact that lots of people just donīt know how to behave and to treat other people respectful even if they disagree on opinions.

Maybe this works better in the English Forum then :)
I didnīt even know that an English Forum exists to be honest.

I remember back in the 80s and 90s that it was quite normal to not only wear a HSV scarf while going to watch them play but also lots of scarves from english and scottish clubs were worn then.

I know that in the 80s people saw that as a sign of hooligan support but that really vanished in the 90s I guess.

Nowadays it has become unlikely to see people wearing scarves of UK clubs anyway and I sometimes ask myself how that comes ?

I myself normally have 2 scarfs with me - one of HSV of course and the other one a 'SPURS' scarf for my second favourite club Tottenham Hotspur.

The reason for always wearing those 2 scarves are
- I really love English football
- I really love Spurs all the way
- I just think that UK scarfs show a strong connection to the roots and tradition of the whole football game - and England and Scotland are the nations were football has its roots

So what about you ?
What`s your favourite UK club ?
Do you find scarves from foreign clubs unnecessary or even annoying because sometimes they do have different colours compared to HSV?
Or do you maybe miss them as much as I do ?

Itīs not the hottest topic around here maybe but Iīm just very interested in it and after a long period of not posting I just found it would be time to do it again, so I would really appreciate your opinion about that.

:D

NUR DER HSV - COME ON YOU SPURS

hsvklatsch

bountymatze
15.03.2008, 12:30
Hello altogether,

first I have to admit that Iīm not so often in the HSV forum due to the fact that lots of people just donīt know how to behave and to treat other people respectful even if they disagree on opinions.

Maybe this works better in the English Forum then :)
I didnīt even know that an English Forum exists to be honest.

I remember back in the 80s and 90s that it was quite normal to not only wear a HSV scarf while going to watch them play but also lots of scarves from english and scottish clubs were worn then.

I know that in the 80s people saw that as a sign of hooligan support but that really vanished in the 90s I guess.

Nowadays it has become unlikely to see people wearing scarves of UK clubs anyway and I sometimes ask myself how that comes ?

I myself normally have 2 scarfs with me - one of HSV of course and the other one a 'SPURS' scarf for my second favourite club Tottenham Hotspur.

The reason for always wearing those 2 scarves are
- I really love English football
- I really love Spurs all the way
- I just think that UK scarfs show a strong connection to the roots and tradition of the whole football game - and England and Scotland are the nations were football has its roots

So what about you ?
What`s your favourite UK club ?
Do you find scarves from foreign clubs unnecessary or even annoying because sometimes they do have different colours compared to HSV?
Or do you maybe miss them as much as I do ?

Itīs not the hottest topic around here maybe but Iīm just very interested in it and after a long period of not posting I just found it would be time to do it again, so I would really appreciate your opinion about that.

:D

NUR DER HSV - COME ON YOU SPURS

hsvklatsch
Hello! First a very warm welcome to you to the english forum!:) Normally the people writing here know how to behave, so you should feel better here as in the german section. Like me...I'm german, but normally write here because of the higher nivel of discussion here!

To your question: Some years ago I took a scarf ManU with me. But then I stopped it, because I realized, that I didn't "love" other teams like our HSV. You know, if we play today against Dortmund I'm nervous before the game, I don't want to lose it, and my pulse is on 150 or higher. I couldn't say that about any other team. You might see this in the fact, that the teams I like in England changed ofer the years: I liked ManU best some years ago (it was long before they got that big number in Europe, 1985 or so), today it's Liverpool...And I think that's a bit of beeing Werder Fan first and then change to Hamburg:p. Or change from Schalke to Dortmund...:eek:

So, I'm interested in english football, but I don't follow a team like I do follow our team...I would have loved to play against spurs next round in UEFA cup though...;)

OfTheSpeed23
16.03.2008, 12:37
Welcome from me too :)

My English team is Liverpool, since the days of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush, etc, etc. I was a big fan of them up until a few years ago, when I realised that I loved HSV more. So nowadays, I just follow Liverpool casually and when we face Liverpool (not if ;)) in the Champions League - there's only one team that I'll be rooting for ;)

You're not the only German to stay away from the forums because of the standard of discussion in the German areas. bountymatze is one, like he said, and I think Swansea is another and perhaps Bulsara too. It's like a kindergarten in there and so many "panikmachers" - it's rather pathetic and uneccessary.

As far as other team scarfs at HSV games go, I'm not that bothered tbh. Although sometimes I wonder why people would bring another teams scarf to a HSV game.

shadsworth cloud
16.03.2008, 20:46
paschi, welcome to our world.
i hope you can drop by from time to time.

for me, i have several teams in UK. My first team was Chester City, in the 4th division (and heading quickly towards the 5th:() this is the town where i was born.

then my favourite "big club" as you might say - Manchester City. This is also the No 1 team for my wife, so I cannot say anything bad about them.
we had season tickets there for many years, me from 1981 and mrs shadsworth-cloud from 1975 (?) until 2003.
But the cost has just gone too high, especially since they opened the new stadium so I gave up the season ticket and we rarely go now.

My local club since 2004 is Blackburn Rovers. Although they are also in the Premier League, their prices are much more social than Manchester City and because they are only 1 mile from my home, we go there quite often

And of course the HSV.

So when i say "NUR DER HSV" it is with my fingers crossed because for me there are a few other clubs as well ;);)

AS for other clubs scarves at HSV, I don't have a problem with it. When we are at the VolksPark we are all HSV fans. The only thing is: if you wear a Spurs scarf and you see a HSV fan with a Arsenal scarf, please remember that you are HSV fan first and don't start to fight with each other hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch
And if i see Bountymatze with his ManU scarf, i will try to stay calm. :D:D
Can't promise anything about the missus though :)

Swansea
17.03.2008, 13:26
Still have a soft spot for Plymouth Argyle as it was my first game in England at Home Park in 1991. But would never wear them scarves due to wrong team colours ;)

Pauker
17.03.2008, 16:36
Hi,
my favourite-team is Millwall FC.
No one likes us, we donīt care. We are Millwall from the Den.

OfTheSpeed23
17.03.2008, 16:47
Still have a soft spot for Plymouth Argyle as it was my first game in England at Home Park in 1991. But would never wear them scarves due to wrong team colours ;)

My hometown club :D

Not really been a fan of them since I was 12 though when I moved over here. Back then the lower leagues didnt really get much coverage, even on British Forces TV over here, so kinda lost track with them. :(

Swansea
17.03.2008, 18:13
My hometown club :D

Not really been a fan of them since I was 12 though when I moved over here. Back then the lower leagues didnt really get much coverage, even on British Forces TV over here, so kinda lost track with them. :(

Funny story bout that visit i forgot tomention in my fisrt post:

This visit at Home Park was during a student exchange to Truro in Cornwall. My host family took me there. As we left the car in front of the stadium i put on a scarf which was darkyellow. Before my host father could tell me to put it off i got bad abuse by some Argyle fans. They were playing Wolves that day and i didnt have a clue about anything :D