PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Still looking for a new coach...a never ending story!

bountymatze
09.04.2008, 19:39
Yes, I know, there's a thread in the german section...with more than 400 pages and more than 14.000 pins.

So it's time to start the discussion here!

Don't know if I'm too manipulated by the "public opinion" and our print media, but I was quite sure, that Bilic would come...until he called off! After that I definitely thought, Klopp would be our new coach...until today.:eek:

Now I'm stumped...since today I really don't have a clou, who will come next year; let's hope, Didi still has...:p

Last week in Doppelpass, a german tv programm with journalists and "football experts" (as Udo Lattek...:D) somebody mentioned Slomka of Schalke. Wouldn't be too bad, I think, but he still has a job! And If he wins today in Barcelona, he wouldn't leave Schalke for the next season.

Van Gaal? Don't know, if I want to see him here. Hasn't had too much success with alkmar last months. Rutten`I don't know him good enough to make an opinion about him...

Thank goodness Berti Vogts has a new job...but there are still some names I definitely don' ever want to see here in Hamburg...Peter Neururer f.e.

So, what do you think? Who will lead us to the championship next year?:cool:

shadsworth cloud
10.04.2008, 18:49
it has dragged on for far too long now, and like i have said, i think the uncertainty is now spreading to the team.

I thought that it was all set up for Slavan Bilic to come, i have doubts about his ability as a coach. after all, what has he achieved as a coach? apart from one rainy night at wembley. and beating england is not a unique achievement on his resume :(

Then the coach from Greutter Furth was mentioned, then it looked like Klopp would take over. But each time, there is this delay which gives time for people to change their mind or lose form or get offered something else, just like I think Klopp has done.

I don't know whether it is possible, but Ralf Rangnick has built a good team now in Hoffenheim and he has experience in the Bundesliga. Is he being named as a successor for Huub?
Is Slomka likely to leave Schalke? Is he such "damaged goods" after they flopped in the run-in to the title last season? OK, they haven't been as strong this season, but the CL can take a lot out of teams (as Stuttgart have found this season and we saw last season). And Schalke are still doing OK this season..

If you are looking for somebody from England - Sam A-lard-arse is still on the loose, but i don't think he would like the continental system of head coach/team manager/general manager. He wants to be the man in charge.
Oh, and there is always Steve McLaren :eek::eek: but at least he could bring his own umbrella

bountymatze
10.04.2008, 20:04
it has dragged on for far too long now, and like i have said, i think the uncertainty is now spreading to the team.

I thought that it was all set up for Slavan Bilic to come, i have doubts about his ability as a coach. after all, what has he achieved as a coach? apart from one rainy night at wembley. and beating england is not a unique achievement on his resume :(

[QUOTE=shadsworth cloud;3442786]Then the coach from Greutter Furth was mentioned, then it looked like Klopp would take over. But each time, there is this delay which gives time for people to change their mind or lose form or get offered something else, just like I think Klopp has done.
No, I don't think so. I think, it's really the attidtude of Klopp who might have feard the challenge that would have expected him here. You know, in Mainz everybody is happy, if they manage to stay in Bundesliga, if they go down...who cares, as long as they can celebrate carnival in February everything is fine...Here in Hamburg people start to get nervous if we are 3rd in the League...I think he won't get another chance of a big club now in the future, but that's not our problem. But I'm still not confident that he even had an offer from us. And we'll never know...

I don't know whether it is possible, but Ralf Rangnick has built a good team now in Hoffenheim and he has experience in the Bundesliga. Is he being named as a successor for Huub?
I wonder why he wasn't named as a successor yet. Because he does an excelent job in Hoffenheim...leading them into the first division! hsvklatsch But maybe that's the problem: They won't let him go, if he really manages to do so. And maybe he wouldn't leave then. But: Perhaps Klopp can help us, if HE get's up and stops Hoffenheim...:p I hope that Rangnick is the misterious "Mister X" the public doesn't know yet...:cool:
Is Slomka likely to leave Schalke? Is he such "damaged goods" after they flopped in the run-in to the title last season? OK, they haven't been as strong this season, but the CL can take a lot out of teams (as Stuttgart have found this season and we saw last season). And Schalke are still doing OK this season..
Well, the Bild today wrote, that the defeat of yesterday would be the end for him. Sure: For a club like Schalke the Quarter Final of the Champions League can't be enough...:p

If you are looking for somebody from England - Sam A-lard-arse is still on the loose, but i don't think he would like the continental system of head coach/team manager/general manager. He wants to be the man in charge.
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm not too familiar with the nick names of english coaches. Who is that guy you mentioned??:eek:
Oh, and there is always Steve McLaren :eek::eek: but at least he could bring his own umbrella
Well, that would be a good start. He'll definitely need that in Hamburg, that's for sure...:p

shadsworth cloud
10.04.2008, 20:52
But maybe that's the problem: They won't let him go, if he really manages to do so.
well, he has done a great job at Hofenheim, with someone elses money, its true. But like the song says "shiesst geld hire keine tore".
But even now, surely HSV is a bigger club than TSG Hoffenheim? :D And for a football man, to be head coach at HSV is an attractive job, i'm sure. Wasn't Rangnick once coach at Schalke? Then again, it seems everybody has done that job before! even Huub..

Sam A-lard-arse
My apologies, Sam Allardyce. Former manager at Bolton Wanderers, he took them into the Premier League and kept a small club there. They even qualified for the UEFA cup a few times. But his teams played a very aggressive and physical style. When Sven left the England coach job, Sam was desprarte to take over but he has some financial wrongdoing which made him unsuitable for the English FA. Eventually, he left Bolton last summer and took over at Newcastle United - a much bigger club but also forever useless (a bit of an english schalke04:D)
6 months into his 4 year contract he was sacked by newcastle with a lot of dismay at his poor results, but also his style of play.
Oh and by the way. without Sam, Bolton are in the bottom 3 and heading for the drop...

Its too late now for this season, we have to just plough on. But I hope our new coach is named on 18th May. On the Rathaus steps. while we show the Meisterschal

shadsworth cloud
13.04.2008, 20:52
so, slomka has left schalke.
will he be the new coach at HSV?

Swansea
14.04.2008, 10:17
There's rumours about Gerrard Houllier.

bountymatze
14.04.2008, 20:24
There's rumours about Gerrard Houllier.
Yes, also read about it in the BILD today. But tonight N3 videotext says, that the french FA, his actual employee, has denied that he will come to us...:(

http://www1.ndr.de/sport/fussball/hsv778.html
Houllier sagt Hamburgern ab
(...) Unterdessen geht die Suche nach einem neuen Trainer weiter. Nachdem bekannt geworden war, dass die Hamburger den Franzosen Gerard Houllier verpflichten wollen, kam nach Informationen von NDR 90,3 am Montagnachmittag die Absage aus Paris. Ein Sprecher von Houlliers Arbeitgeber, dem französischen Fußball-Verband, erklärte, dass der 60 Jahre alte Trainer nicht nach Hamburg geht. Vielmehr werde er seinen Vertrag beim Verband erfüllen.

Translation (the text is the last clause of the article):
"Houllier calls off Hamburg

(...) "Meanwhile the search for a new coach goes on. After it was known, that Hamburg wanted to sign the french Gerard Houllier, the denial from Paris came on monday afternoon (according to informations of the Hamburg local radio station 90.3). The speaker of Houlliers employee, the french FA, declared, that the 60 year old coach will not go to Hamburg. He will fulfil his contract"

So we still have to wait...

shadsworth cloud
17.04.2008, 19:23
shall i start a rumour for sven goran erricksson?
it seems that the owner of manchester city (ex-thailand president shinawatra) is not happy with the performances this season, and will "review options" at the end of the season.

so, top 10 (and 6 points from man utd) is not enough for manchester city now. in years past, they would have been planning their open top bus for that

bountymatze
17.04.2008, 20:17
Obviously Didi Beiersdorfer and Mr Hoffmann haven't given up the Houllier engagement yet. The kicker writes:

Die Entscheiung in der HSV-Trainerfrage rückt unweigerlich näher. Nach kicker-Informationen sind die Verhandlungen zwischen dem Franzosen Gerard Houllier und Hamburg seit einem Treffen in Paris weiter vorangeschritten.

Generelles Interesse des 60-Jährigen besteht, finanziell soll man sich einig sein. Lediglich eine private Frage könnte die Verpflichtung des Fußballlehrers noch gefährden. Noch im April soll die Entscheidung fallen.

Houllier ist der Wunschkandidat beim HSV (der kicker berichtete). Meldungen aus Frankreich, wonach der zurzeit als Direktor des nationalen Fußballverbandes angestellte Trainer den Hanseaten bereits abgesagt habe und beim Verband bleiben würde, dementierte Sportchef Dietmar Beiersdorfer gelassen. "Welche Absage?", fragte der Franke

Der HSV hält weiter Kontakt zu Houllier, der bis Montag in Kanada weilt. Er wäre der erhoffte Topmann mit internationalem Renommee. Noch gibt es jedoch Zweifel an seiner Verpflichtung. Denn: Auch in Newcastle hatte er Interesse geäußert und sich von den Magpies Perspektiven aufzeigen lassen. Am Ende entschied er sich für den französischen Verband. Sein dort bis 2009 laufender Vertrag gilt indes nicht als Hindernis.

O.k., here's the translation:

"The decision, which coach will come to Hamburg, is coming closer. Recording to informations of the kicker the negotiation between Houllier and Hamburg have made progress since a meeting in Paris. Generally Houllier is interested, financial matters are checked, only a private matter could still endanger the engagement.

Houllier is the desired coach of the HSV (kicker reported). News of france, that the today technical director of the national FA already had called off the Hamburgers, denied Beiersdorfer calm. "Which denial", asked he.

The HSV stays in contact to Houllier, who stays in canada until monday. He would be the top coach with international reputation. But there are still doubts at his engagement. Because he had showed interest in newcastle also. At the end he decided to got to the french fa. His contract seems not to be an obstacle though."

No, that wasn't "google translation. It was "bountymatze translation"...:D So I hope it does make sense in any way...:p

Let's hope, Didi can fix that. All the panic makers in the german section would shut their mouth than...:cool: (well, maybe not all of them...)

bountymatze
17.04.2008, 20:30
Oh, I forgot to translate the passage, that it shall come to decision in april...

So maybe we can discuss the new coach yet at the Schalke game...:cool:

shadsworth cloud
09.05.2008, 18:25
If my crummy German skills are up to scratch, the new coach is going to be Martin Jol.

He had a good spell at Spurs, and they finished 5th a couple of times, which is considered a good level in England but in Hamburg would cause much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth:D:D
Indeed but for a bout of stomach virus in the team on the last day of the season in 2006 they would have finished 4th that year. It was blamed on some undercooked lasagne at the time, but later was shown to be a virus
But this season it all went wrong for Jol. He had made a very bad mistake by buyng lots of promising young English players. Can you spot the problem with that strategy?
While Liverpool buy all Spanish players, Man United buy Portuguese, Arsenal buy French and Chelsea buy anybody who the club-owner likes, Spurs fished for talent in the English pond.

This season, the Spurs board and Jol were at war from day 1 and it culminated when the club announced his dismissal at half time of a UEFA Cup match. Watching at home we all knew Jol was sacked, while we watched him make substitutions and tactical changes. The news also leaked to the fans in the ground who were chanting his name throughout the 2nd half

So what does it hold for HSV? He certainly plays a more attacking game and is a bit more entertaining and personable than Huub Stevens. It was only when things were going a bit mad at Spurs this season that his tactics were so eccentric.
Its hard to know how good or bad he is at spotting a player. He signed some good players and also some dross, but I think in Germany this is more often done by a General Manager like Beiersdorfer.
Whatever he was (is) a popular manager at Spurs.
and I will wish him well at HSV

hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch

bountymatze
14.05.2008, 06:37
If my crummy German skills are up to scratch, the new coach is going to be Martin Jol.

He had a good spell at Spurs, and they finished 5th a couple of times, which is considered a good level in England but in Hamburg would cause much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth:D:D
Well, at this moment i wouldn't be too disappointed if we finish 5th on saturday...:p
Indeed but for a bout of stomach virus in the team on the last day of the season in 2006 they would have finished 4th that year.

It was blamed on some undercooked lasagne at the time, but later was shown to be a virus
But this season it all went wrong for Jol. He had made a very bad mistake by buyng lots of promising young English players. Can you spot the problem with that strategy?
While Liverpool buy all Spanish players, Man United buy Portuguese, Arsenal buy French and Chelsea buy anybody who the club-owner likes, Spurs fished for talent in the English pond.
But on the other hand: Cooking italian and having english players is better than the other way round, isn't it??:p:D:D

This season, the Spurs board and Jol were at war from day 1 and it culminated when the club announced his dismissal at half time of a UEFA Cup match. Watching at home we all knew Jol was sacked, while we watched him make substitutions and tactical changes. The news also leaked to the fans in the ground who were chanting his name throughout the 2nd half
That reminds me of our former german goal keeper Tony Schumacher, who later, when he was a coach, was fired in the half time of a game by his eccentric club president Jean Löring from Fortuna Köln...:eek:

So what does it hold for HSV? He certainly plays a more attacking game and is a bit more entertaining and personable than Huub Stevens. It was only when things were going a bit mad at Spurs this season that his tactics were so eccentric.
Its hard to know how good or bad he is at spotting a player. He signed some good players and also some dross, but I think in Germany this is more often done by a General Manager like Beiersdorfer.
Whatever he was (is) a popular manager at Spurs. and I will wish him well at HSV
So do I!hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatschWelcome Mr. Jol. And lead us to the championship...:cool:

hsvklatschhsvklatschhsvklatsch

Gerngesehener G4st
03.09.2011, 09:34
Yes, I know, there's a thread in the german section...with more than 400 pages and more than 14.000 pins.

So it's time to start the discussion here!

Don't know if I'm too manipulated by the "public opinion" and our print media, but I was quite sure, that Bilic would come...until he called off! After that I definitely thought, Klopp would be our new coach...until today.:eek:

Now I'm stumped...since today I really don't have a clou, who will come next year; let's hope, Didi still has...:p

Last week in Doppelpass, a german tv programm with journalists and "football experts" (as Udo Lattek...:D) somebody mentioned Slomka of Schalke. Wouldn't be too bad, I think, but he still has a job! And If he wins today in Barcelona, he wouldn't leave Schalke for the next season.

Van Gaal? Don't know, if I want to see him here. Hasn't had too much success with alkmar last months. Rutten`I don't know him good enough to make an opinion about him...

Thank goodness Berti Vogts has a new job...but there are still some names I definitely don' ever want to see here in Hamburg...Peter Neururer f.e.

So, what do you think? Who will lead us to the championship next year?:cool:

Oh good old times!
What could have happened within these 3 years!